Accutane 10mg

I have began taking 10mg Accutane capsules and my...

I have began taking 10mg Accutane capsules and my skin is breaking out horribly. I wake up to new zits, whiteheads or small pimples that turn into massive zits the very next day. My doctor says he is giving me a low dose because he doesn't want me to "flare up" but I would rather get it over with and go back to my pre clindamycin/ cystic days for a couple of months than to deal with several months of painful breakouts. Any advice is welcome, I am going to see him again in early September.
I have been on 50mg of accutane for 3 WHOLE months now and my flare is only getting WORSE! i don't know what to do anymore, my dermatologist was shocked when she saw my face yesterday and told me i am worsening and need to get on Prednisone 30mg daily. Im gonna try that and maybe you should ask your doctor about that as well. Good luck to the both of us
updates?
Hello SexyTexan, It is nearly a month since you posted. Had you been on 40 or more mg daily your skin would have been a lot clearer than when you started. Best is bite the bullet get it done with.

40mg Amnesteem (Accutane)

I am officially starting my 40mg dosage today. I'm very hopeful and happy because for most people being on 40mg really helps. I was previously on 10mg and I only noticed a small difference the very last week I was taking it. I wasn't able to get an appointment for exactly one month after my start date so I was without the tane for an out four days during which I broke out. Not posting pics until I really notice a difference.
I went on Accutane 4 times and it was horrific the whole time, each course, when I was done if get 4 weeks of clear skin then it would come back so bad. People who have moderate acne don't really understand horrific acne like I get - 90% or more of my entire face- oily crusty splitting peeling and cystic. Bactrim DS was the only thing that made. hUGE difference within 7 days. I can't seem to stop it or zits come back within a week. But I don't care- I will do anything to keep my skin clear. Thank god for bactrim. I have thought about 5th course of Accutane but not sure I can handle going iff bactrim. After clearing up the pain of going back is horrifying. I hope you fare better with Accutane than I and if not, bactrim ds may be worth asking about. I use it and neo strata bionic serum each night with gentle mousturizer. I can only use that on my face with the bactrim though. When my skin is in acne mode, it won't tolerate anything. I'm in holding pattern with Bactrim DS with 85% -95% improvement- can't bear to go off it. No other antibiotic or topical helps like it does. After 15 years suffering. I thank god for funding it this year. Best wishes! Xo
Thanks for the update, good luck!
That's exactly the same thought I had. Hopefully I don't get initial breakouts now that I got the 40mg.

Three months later...

I can definitely say that my skin is pretty clear these days. My doc put me on 50mg and I took them all of September and I have seen a nice improvement. With that being said I can't help but wonder why I never saw a drastic improvement as most people say they do (example) "two days after my first pill my skin was clear, not a single breakout!". Either way I'm happy I think (and hope) I just had my last bit of cystic breakouts along my jawline redness from previous breakouts are finally beginning to fade. I cannot wait for them to be completely gone. I've had very few side effects, the only thing that has been noticeable has been a very small bit of dry skin on my arms and dry-ish lips. I am obsessed with using Vaseline lip balm and carmex. Before Accutane I had a very oily face, it was horrible I'm glad that my body is not as dehydrated as others have gotten.
Glad you hear your skin is looking clear! Thank you for keeping your review up to date.
Shrivastava- Navy medicine