Accutane 10mg

I have began taking 10mg Accutane capsules and my...

I have began taking 10mg Accutane capsules and my skin is breaking out horribly. I wake up to new zits, whiteheads or small pimples that turn into massive zits the very next day. My doctor says he is giving me a low dose because he doesn't want me to "flare up" but I would rather get it over with and go back to my pre clindamycin/ cystic days for a couple of months than to deal with several months of painful breakouts. Any advice is welcome, I am going to see him again in early September.

40mg Amnesteem (Accutane)

I am officially starting my 40mg dosage today. I'm very hopeful and happy because for most people being on 40mg really helps. I was previously on 10mg and I only noticed a small difference the very last week I was taking it. I wasn't able to get an appointment for exactly one month after my start date so I was without the tane for an out four days during which I broke out. Not posting pics until I really notice a difference.
Shrivastava- Navy medicine

I went on Accutane 4 times and it was horrific the whole time, each course, when I was done if get 4 weeks of clear skin then it would come back so bad. People who have moderate acne don't really understand horrific acne like I get - 90% or more of my entire face- oily crusty splitting peeling and cystic. Bactrim DS was the only thing that made. hUGE difference within 7 days. I can't seem to stop it or zits come back within a week. But I don't care- I will do anything to keep my skin clear. Thank god for bactrim. I have thought about 5th course of Accutane but not sure I can handle going iff bactrim. After clearing up the pain of going back is horrifying. I hope you fare better with Accutane than I and if not, bactrim ds may be worth asking about. I use it and neo strata bionic serum each night with gentle mousturizer. I can only use that on my face with the bactrim though. When my skin is in acne mode, it won't tolerate anything. I'm in holding pattern with Bactrim DS with 85% -95% improvement- can't bear to go off it. No other antibiotic or topical helps like it does. After 15 years suffering. I thank god for funding it this year. Best wishes! Xo
Thanks for the update, good luck!
I have been on 50mg of accutane for 3 WHOLE months now and my flare is only getting WORSE! i don't know what to do anymore, my dermatologist was shocked when she saw my face yesterday and told me i am worsening and need to get on Prednisone 30mg daily. Im gonna try that and maybe you should ask your doctor about that as well. Good luck to the both of us
updates?
Hello SexyTexan, It is nearly a month since you posted. Had you been on 40 or more mg daily your skin would have been a lot clearer than when you started. Best is bite the bullet get it done with.
That's exactly the same thought I had. Hopefully I don't get initial breakouts now that I got the 40mg.
Hey I started at 40mg and my initial breakout was short like 3 days now I get active acne jus as a precursor letting me know the bad stuff is getting kicked out ! Good luck on your journey wishing beautiful clear skin to you!
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am sorry you are experiencing painful breakouts, those are so frustrating! Feel free to ask a doctor on site any questions you may have, here is a link where you can do that. Keep us posted and let us know how you make out in September, good luck!
The first month or two are supposed to be the worst and all of the residual pimples are probably coming to the surface. Hang in there and hopefully it gets better!! I'm on day 3 of my 20mg accutane adventure and i've been having whiteheads just about everyday but they seem to be going away pretty quickly, i'm definitely less red, which is a more than welcome change! Stick it out for now and hopefully things just work themselves out!
The first few months are rough. My doc wants to start me on 10 or 20 mg too. The smaller the dose, the lesser the flare should be in theory. Hang tight sistah. Do you wear makeup. It may help you feel less self conscious.
When did you start to see a significant change in your skin, and do you wish you had taken higher dosages in the beginning? No I used to wear makeup but once this started I completely stopped. I don't see the point of being uncomfortable and clogged for the sake of people not staring at me not only that but you could still see every blemish.
I haven't started yet but on my previous course, i saw the most improvement going to the 100 day mark