Thorough, Professional, Caring, Virtually Painless-San Diego, CA

Removal of several keratosis that were ugly,...

Removal of several keratosis that were ugly, itchy, and bled when scratched. The closest "service provided" on the list above was "mole removal."

San Diego Dermatologist

Had second appt. since one below. Still superb!Dr. Chen is very thorough. Virtually painless keratoses removals using hyfercation. I paid out-of-pocket, since my insurance did not cover cosmetic services...and it was money very well spent. No visible scarring. Dr. Chen will soon biopsy suspicious growths that my primary care physician had been asked about and "blew off." I will also return for several more cosmetic removals. He is far superior to a prominent laser-specialty dermatologist that I had visited previously (those removals were painful and growths returned). Additionally, I have a history of melanoma and basal cell and have decided to make an appointment for an annual check-up every year, whether or not my Sharp's insurance will cover it or not. Dr. Chen has my utmost trust. He is careful, informative, and very professional. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Dorothy K. Simpson

Suture is often used to restrict cciiulatron, fine grade fishing line is a similar kind of thread.Take proper advice, but the principle is merely that a loop tied tight around the base cuts the blood supply, the tag dies, dries and falls off.I expect you'll need an extra pair of hands, so see if a doctor advises that and can effect the remedy , it's hardly more complicated than tying a shoelace, so the cost cannot be too great.
Chula - Have you done any skin rejuvenation procedure and chemical peel with Dr. Chen? I'm considering a consultation with Dr. Chen for a chemical peel and maybe some kind of laser for skin tightening. Thanks.

Hi Chula,

Thanks for posting. Where were the keratosis? That's good he did a biopsy, I've heard that should always be done anytime a mole is removed. Please continue to be a part of the RealSelf dermatology community.

Thanks,