At Home TCA Peel 25% for Sun/Age Spots - San Diego, CA

This is my first peel that I did with Skin...

This is my first peel that I did with Skin Obsession 25% TCA peel. It worked wonders. It was a miracle. After having Dual Fraxel Laser twice and and a cosmelan peel, (NONE didn't work), I decided to take things into my own hands and do my own TCA peel after so much frustration. I have stubborn age spots/hyperpigmentation from the sun on my face. I ordered the skinobession.com TCA peel and did my first peel. I took a risk not knowing what to expect. I did 2 layers. After a week my skin peeled and the stubborn pigmentation age spots were gone! What a miracle! I saved so much money just buying a 1 oz TCA 25% peel and doing it on my own. I spent over a $1400 on laser plus $600 on cosmelan peel and didn't see any results. Wish I should have done this sooner and would have saved so much money. I have a little bit of age spots left and I will spot treat those starting next week.

so happy for you!!!! sounds like a dream come true...and at a fraction of the cost. I feel like medspas/drs dont mind selling high dollar items with low payoff...or charging an arm and a leg for a tca peel that should cost $100. Glad you were able to get results and save!
Hello to everyone. I had gotten a VI Peel done at a
Temecula Rejuv Laser Spa on sale for $200.00 including take home mini care packet & follow-up appt. However, the results were great after peeling and utilizing a 6% bleaching cream for a month after post peel. Nevertheless, I have tried a home TCA 20% professional peel. So, far everything is going well. But, it really burned and frost immediately after applying a thin layer of the solution. The solution was on for exactly three minutes, and this includes applying solution all over my face. I had to use 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a cup of water to neutralize the TCA solution. Then I proceed putting cold water putting on my face for 60 seconds. After the frost disappeared within 3-4 minutes. I applied Triple antibiotic ointment, Vitamin E capsule, and Emu oil on my face. Certain areas are a little red than others, but I don't need Tylenol or Advil pills for comfort.

I'll let everyone know how it's going in a few days. I hope this was informational. Oh yeah, I had done 2 spot testers on my arms before applying the TCA in my face.
hi czaria909 how were the results??

Hi guys, I just did my second peel after 10 days and it frost right after I applied the second layer and on my nose it was frost too much .i am so scared .somebody tell me If it's normal or I have put it too much

Hello angeliclove, thanks for your explanation, i have done 15% tca peel at home before, i would like to do another again but i went tto the beach 2 days ago and got a tan. Do you think that i have to wait some days or no to do the tca peel
You need wait more than some days. I would wait till your tan fades and your skin is back to normal, like at least a month. This is from my gut instincts. I would do a TCA peel if I went to the beach and got a tan, but wait and be patient. When your skin tans, it is doing some damage already. It might not show up now, but months or years later as hyperpigmentation and/or wrinkles and you would need to do a TCA peel to get rid of it. Give your skin time to heal from the sun and see if there are any changes. I would do a TCA peel, but I would wait. This is just my opinion. If u want more of a professional answer, consult or ask a esthetician, dermatologist or skin specialist.
Hello,angeliclove:Please tell me How Long Keep the Solution on your Face? how often you will repeat a 25% tca peel ?
I left it on till it frost (skin turns white) and then wash it off immediately. Everybody skin is different, so when it comes to time and how long, I don't have an answer. When u see ur skin turns white, wash it off. I repeat in 6 weeks for stubborn age spots. It does take 2-3 peels or more depending on how bad ur pigmenation is. Give time for ur skin to heal. I only do TCA peels when I see hyperpigmenation. If there is no sun spots, then I don't do it. I don't want to kill my skin. Months or years later down the road when I get it again, I will do the peel again. But for maintenance I use Kavi advanced melanin serum ($70. www.kavi.com.) to help break down melanin before it shows up on my skin. Of course even when I use serum, nothing is 100% and will still need to do peels to get rid of it from the root. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much,it,s very helpful.
I kind of followed instructions. I clean my face with tea tree cleanser. Then I used cotton ball to clean my face with alcohol (1 sweep) and then let it dry. Then I started to apply the TCA solution. I used a Q-tip and not the gauge or cotton ball. I didn't do my entire face. I had dark spots on the apple of my cheeks from driving and my nose. After the first layer, I quickly applied the 2nd layer and when it start to frost, I neutralize (washed it off) with baking soda solution. (3 tbs baking soda for 1 1/2 c water). It does sting and hurt. No pain No gain. 1 hour later it goes away. I put aloe vera on my face every night. The age spots do darken and it turns crusty brown. Then it starts to peel after the 4th day. Be patient. After it all peeled, I am left with pinkish skin. NO MORE HYPERPIGMENTATION! YAYE!!!!

Happy for you that it took care of your hyperpigmentation!!!

Thanks for sharing such well detailed instructions, and letting us know how long it took for your skin to peel. I'm assuming its a bit hard waiting that out when you don't know how long it will last.

The peeling part is the longest part. Have to be patient. It takes a week to peel completely. I looked like a burnt victim shedding skin. But it was well worth it. Temporary to look gross but results are good and lasts. I know that I will have to do maintenance in the future, since I do live in southern CA. The sun is unavoidable. Even with the best sunscreen, it's inevitable. Sunscreen helps with preventing skin cancer but it doesn't help with hyperpigmentation. I'm not a sun person at all. I don't go out into the sun as much or go to the beach despite in San Diego and still got age spots even with the high level good sunscreen. It's from driving.

Bummer about the hyperpigmentation despite taking all the precautions. :-/ Glad you are regular with your sunscreen though - I was pretty bad about wearing it till recently. Bad on me, good on you!!

Each person's skin is different. Some people can go out in the sun for hours and years, and have no pigmentation problems. With me I must pigment very easily. Also with TCA Peel, not everyone can have good results. I've read where people had bad reactions to it. It's trial and error.
hi angliclove, for how long the pinkish skin last ??

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. What was your procedure for applying the peel? Did you simply follow the directions that came with the product you ordered, or did you change it at all?