Love the Results! - San Diego, CA

I just read all of the reviews on this procedure...

I just read all of the reviews on this procedure and I'm shocked that so many people had negative or painful experiences. I just had the Fraxel Repair on August 6, 2008 and as of yesterday, August 13, I'm back to work, feeling great and absolutely thrilled with the experience and the results! I'm almost 55 years old, healthy and active, and I was ready to get "something" beyond Botox (the only thing I’ve used up until now), but limited in what I could spend and the time I could stay away from work. I did my homework when my Dr. recommended this new treatment (he is one of the few that is providing it in San Diego). In my case, the meds I took prior to the procedure greatly reduced the number of days I was swollen and the redness was gone by the 8th day (I just looked sunburned).

As for pain, I took on Vicodan prior to starting, had the lidocain numbing cream applied and then I was injected with the local anesthetic to block the nerves—the needle only pinched a bit. Once the laser started, he went to each of the targeted areas and asked me to rate any pain on a scale of 0-10 throughout the procedure. At any point he was willing to stop or slow down at my request. I felt nothing on my forehead, and in the other areas, I never felt anything greater than a 6 (my right cheek was the most sensitive).

After the procedure, I was red and later got more swollen, but nothing hurt and there was no bruising. I never even used the Vicodin or any other pain relievers when I came home. I don’t have a high pain threshold (in fact I have to be put to sleep when I go to the dentist). Yes, it was uncomfortable, but certainly tolerable. I kept a short diary from day one to today, day 10. I was fully prepared for the healing process and did not find it unmanageable or painful. I had two days of peeling, 4 full days of swelling and redness.

Now I’m just pink and my skin looks bright, less wrinkled, refreshed, and tighter and I know it’s only going to get better over the next few months. I am very pleased with the treatment, the immediate results and what I’m sure to by December. I even had compliments on my skin on the first day back to work (they didn’t know I had the peel).
For me, and others who have gone to {edited - provider information appears above for registered users}, this treatment is exactly what we had hoped it would be. It was especially appealing to me because it would be ONE session, vs. 4 or 5, local pain killers, in and out quickly and back to work within a week to 10 days. {doctor named in field above} was fairly aggressive with me, at my request, so I know I got what I wanted and needed.

After reading all of these reviews, I’m convinced that the doctor is the critical factor in the patient’s success or dissatisfaction with the process. My doctor counseled me, prepared me (research, photos, meds, clarifications, expectaions, realistic goals and outcomes) and based his treatment on my particular skin and personal needs.

The Fraxel Repair ( vs. the Reshape) is fabulous for those of us who want a more aggressive treatment, that is affordable , that produces noticeable results (immediate and long term), manageable discomfort, very short down time and ONE session that produces the results.
I’m soooooo grateful that I was in the hands of a highly skilled and compassionate doctor and staff. Based on my experience and those of others clients in {edited} office, I feel bad that so many of these readers have had less than what they deserved in undergoing the Fraxel Repair treatment. Please feel free to contact me if I can share any other personal tips with readers!

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr Larry Pollack is exceptionally skilled, caring and professional. I would be reluctant to put my face or skin in the hands of any other board certified doctor. Dr. Pollack does not push you into procedures for the sake of making $$$. He expects his clients to initiate needs or interests and he responds with suggestions and approaches that are most appropriate, vs. most expensive. He is very proud of his work and the results that please his patients. I could go on to sing his praises and to acknowledge his abilities! Hi staff are very kind and friendly--they work as a team to provide the highest quality service--always smiling and helpful. Feel free to contact me if you are considering procedures in the San Diego region... He's your man! Rae

what is the differnce between fraxel lazer and fraxel repair ???
Fraxel laser is the same thing as Fraxel:Restore which takes 3-5 treatments and there is less down time. If you go on www.fraxel.com they have a lot of info on there.
Hi Deb, The doctor information is located above the review for registered users (you must be signed in). This requires free registration for an account, then you'll be able to see all of the doc's info.
I am looking for a good doctor that does fraxel repair in Sandiego CA. I have been quoted 5400.00 but I see some lady got it for 2500 and loved it. Dr. Ronarae I can not find him can I get some infomation? Thanks, Deb
Hello-- My procedure was done with {edited}. You can google his name and his website will come up with all of the contact information. He and his team are fabulous and I am thrilled with my results!It's been less than two months, but my face continues to tighten and lift--better results than I had anticipated. Ronarae
Thanks Ronarae, The name is not coming up as this site is editing his name out, so maybe you can send it to my email address that I had forwarded. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks again, Carrie F.
Hi there. If you wish to see Ronarae's doctor information, look at the top of this page for "Fraxel Repair provider" link. If you're not a registered member, clicking on this link will require you to create a free account. This allows you to see this doctor information.
thank you for your comment. I am too considering fraxel repair, would appreciate if you can e-mail me name of your doctor. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

I am looking into Fraxel .  I am 51 with sun damage, wrinkles and very large pores.   I am looking for a good doctor in San Diego .  Please let  me know who you went to.