Best Thing You Can Do for Your Face - Ever - San Diego, CA

I have had freckles since I can remember. I had...

I have had freckles since I can remember. I had had age spots that kind've look like freckles for the past 5-7 years. It was making me look older and older -and I hated it. One day as I was lamenting to a client she gave me the info for a doctor she loves in La Jolla. She was so emphatic about his skills (and her skin looked so good) that I called right then and got an appointment for the next day.

The appointment was super straightforward. He looked at my skin under his magnifying glasses (talk about an ego downer!) and asked me about my regimene, etc. I told him I am a VERY lackadaisical client. No make-up, not interested in multiple treatments, etc. He decided I should have fraxel for the brown spots and another laser (whose name I forget) for the broken blood vessels / redness around my nose and cheeks. I appreciated how frank he was and that I didn't feel as though I was being "sold" things I didn't need - and also that they could be done at the same time, saving me time and downtime. He gave me the quote and I scheduled for the next week. The office told me to bring a driver so they could give me some sort of pill when I got in.

I arrived a little early for the appointment and they took me right back and put the numbing cream on and gave me a pill. About an hour later they took me back for the procedure. I should've told the doc that I metabolize lidocaine SUPER quick (found out from previous dental appointments) so the numbing cream was not super effective, but I just found my happy place and quietly went there as he went to lasering. This was obviously not the most enjoyable 20 minutes of my life. It felt like a really aggressive microderm and I didn't like any part of it. That being said, if these spots on my face ever reappear later in life, I'm totally doing this again. It wasn't bad enough to dissuade me.

My driver and I went to lunch afterwards but we sat out of the sun because my skin felt a little hot - like it had a sunburn. After that, I went to the house and chilled out / slept off my pill.

The next 5-7 days were all pretty much the same. Dark spots appeared (GOOD GOD did they appear) and then flaked off. I looked pretty ridiculous, actually. I mean there wasn't much of my face that wasn't freckled after this procedure - but then they fell off. I can't tell you how weird/awesome that was. I would rub my face, or wake up after sleeping and random freckles would have just fallen off. Like they were never there. It was so weird. No peeling. No freddy krueger face. They'd just fall off. It was like magic.

This is my first week of being "Fresh faced" and it is amazing. Like seriously amazing. I've been carded 3 times. CARDED! I haven't been carded in I don't know how long. It is just great. My husband also looks young when he shaves his beard so instead of me looking like I"m robbing the cradle now, we joke that we look like a couple going to prom.

Don't think. Just do this. And if you're in the area, go see Dr. Groff at CLDerm. He's an artist with that laser. You won't regret it!
Hi - Can you please let us know exactly what the treatment was?
Looks wonderful, congrats!
This sounds a lot more like IPL than fraxel, so I am just hoping I am reading this right. I had pixel laser and bascially had to stay home and hide for 5 days because my entire face crusted over.
San Diego Dermatologist

I couldn't speak more highly of Dr. Groff. Great bedside manner. Super skilled. All around stoked about being referred to his office. I've already started referring all of my friends here. Can't see a reason I would go anywhere else for skincare.