Embarking on a Journey to Repair Eczema Damage - San Diego, CA

I'm considering a facelift or reconstructive...

I'm considering a facelift or reconstructive surgery to repair damaged caused by eczema. I've had eczema my whole life, which is caused by an allergy to animal dander and dust. It once covered my body with open sores, and when I was 10 years old I was taken to a doctor who gave me a potent prescription cream. In 3 days my skin cleared up. I'm still allergic to dander and dust, and sometimes still experience skin irritation, but it's limited mostly to my hands and face and occasionally my arms and legs. Previous breakouts caused scarring on my cheeks and I'm looking forward to finding the right doctor who can make the damage disappear, and hopefully find a solution to the maddening itching that I encounter. I've heard BOTOX is being used on eczema and I may give that a try, too.

The Journey Continues

I'm in the beginning stages of finding the right treatment for my eczema damaged cheeks and the right doctor to perform the procedure(s). For me, because I'm nearly 55 years old, the recommended treatment is a face lift with upper and lower eye lift. The lift will flatten the scarred areas. I'll also have a chemical peel or micro dermabrasion for any remaining fine lines, then decide if any further smoothing for the scars is necessary. I'm not a big fan of fillers because they seem too short-lived and also costly, but I could be persuaded if a product was proven successful.
Just reading though some face lift procedures since I'm scheduled for mine tomorrow. I have laser damage that looks exactly like your problems. I had a lot of fat loss & scars from resurfacing too. After so many other procedures like fraxel, affirm, perfecta & fillers & needling to built up my skin I had it. I'll be getting a face lift, fat transfers & a blue peel. My lips look like yours too I'll let you know how it goes. Seems we're in the same boat.
Sats, thank you for sharing your experience. I've wondered about laser resurfacing, which is what the PS recommend to do after the face lift, to further smooth the scars. I was under the impression that resurfacing caused collagen to built and plump the skin. Is this not the case? I'm looking forward to hearing how your procedure goes and also your recovery from it.
Good luck to you in finding a physician. You're a pretty lady and I hope you will be happy with the results of whatever options you choose.

Taking My Time

I've consulted with a few very highly recommended PS in San Diego and the consensus among them is consistent; a face lift will significantly smooth the scars and dermabrasion, a chemical peel, or fat transfer will be the final touch to smooth them even further. In order to minimize the damage to the surface of my skin, I'm leaning toward the fat transfer because I can see how plumping the skin would give more lift beneath the scars and fill the out. What I like about fat transfer (unlike fillers), if done by an experienced PS and the fat becomes viable, it is permanent. I've had mostly positive experiences with the doctors I've consulted with, and have one more to go before making my final decision. I'm planning to have the procedures done mid June. So stay tuned.
I know they usually say to get resurfacing but i'm more scared of that than the lift after the results i had from resurfacing before causing me all the scars. I had the blue peel done during surgery. I like it so far. But again I'm still puffy. I'm nervous since i noticed a lump under my one eye from the fat transfer & my eyes are still puffy. I'll let you know what he says about it after my appointment. Resurfacing did nothing to help my collagen build up, I had a laser specialist say the the restore is the one to use to do that so i had that done 7 times. I was less then thrilled about the results. Needling did just as good. I can't wait for a few more weeks to go by so my swelling goes down. Just worried about the lumps i feel under my eye from the fat transfer. Can't wait to see him tomorrow.