Don't Know What To Think - San Diego, CA

I had Exilis done to tighten my jowls and some...

I had Exilis done to tighten my jowls and some loose skin on my neck. 12 minutes on each side is "standard" per the tech, which seemed ridiculously little time. It was not at all uncomfortable or painful. But the honest truth is that I saw/see no difference whatsoever.

I feel this is a classic situation of wishful thinking . Apparently, 6 weeks are needed to see "full" results, and 3 more treatments (4 total). I could get a package for $700 for the 4 treatments (this includes what I've already spent) but I'm skeptical this really works, or at least, to the degree I would like it to. I just can't see how that little bit of heat and this radio frequency technology @ 12 minutes a session is going to make much of an impact.

Am thinking I'll pocket the $700 and start saving up for a mid or lower face lift, with real and lasting results. Would love any feedback...thanks!

Hi Giangelina,

Any difference now that it has been a month?

I had my first facial treatment today and the technician told me it would take about an hour. I know it was at least 45 minutes long. So I don't really think you got a full treatment with 12 minutes on each side.
You will never see real results with one treatment, it really takes 4. Exilis is intended for people who don't want to the surgery route.

Hi there, For those of you who were curious to...

Hi there,
For those of you who were curious to know if I saw any change after several weeks...not a thing! I am not going to invest anymore for Exilis.l I haven't tried it enough to say what it does or doesn't do, but for the money that I'd have to pay to see (possibly) any results, I'd rather put toward a surgery where I know I'm going to have results. My stance is that Exilis is for people who do not want to do anything surgically, even though they're paying as much as if they were doing something surgically, only their results are far more subtle and not as long-lasting. That combination is just not for me...but more power to those who want to do Exilis.

I paid $2000 for face and neck and there is no difference, complete waste of money...
Maybe you only got $99 worth of treatment. Almost every other person paid over $1500. I am a firm believer you get what you pay for.
@ giangelina - Not only did I also waste my money on Exilis, but am suffering after having the treatment! Please read my story:
In spite of all the doctors and spa owners claiming there are NO side effects and claiming how safe it is, I am a patient who has actually done the Exilis procedure and I am having MANY side effects! By the evening of my first appointment, I was in severe pain. I had as much pain as I did after having surgery. My lower abdomen was so swollen, I looked as if I was six months pregnant. A few days later, I found a knot in my lower abdomen. It is currently 21 days after my treatment and my stomach is still swollen and I still look pregnant. The knot has increased in size. To my knowledge, Exilis is FDA approved for WRINKLES, but not for fat removal. It was only approved for wrinkles in late 2009. There is not enough research to truly KNOW all the side effects, in my opinion. I believe there will eventually be a lot of people who will come forward with many different side effects. Most spas and doctors who are making a large amount of MONEY with the Exilis will NOT advertise anything but GOOD results. They have a very biased opinion. I personally, would NEVER recommend Exilis. My health means way more to me than that!
Re:Vive Spa, Exilis Tech

I didn't deal with a doctor, just the Exilis tech and a nurse who checked in with us. They were just fine. I asked the tech some hard questions about Exilis, so understandably, she could not answer them all.