San Diego Clear Choice Denture Implants - San Diego, CA

I just had my surgery Dec. 21, 2012 at the San...

I just had my surgery Dec. 21, 2012 at the San Diego CC. I received full denture implants, 4 on the top, 4 on the bottom, with teeth extractions as well. Looking at some real pretty teeth right now, of course just temporaries. Everyday I feel something different happening during my recovering. Hoping everything will be alright for me. Had a pretty big scare for me last week so maybe that is why I'm questioning different recovery phases. I had a Hemotoma happen in the back of my upper inside mouth, Dec. 27. Felt pressure mounting in my right sinus area on the 24th and by the 27th turned into pain and swelling. So far after seeing CC surgeon who stopped two days of bleeding I hope I'm going to be ok.
Sylvia

This week I'm doing well. Went to work all week...

This week I'm doing well. Went to work all week and people commented how beautiful my teeth look. Even from all my family on facebook. One sister asked, "what did you do"? With these being temporary I had to make plans ahead of time of what I would eat during the day including any soft snacks if needed. Sometimes I do feel a tightening in the upper denture for some reason, it's not painful just noticeable and then subsides after awhile.
I was told I look 10 years younger, and the lines around my mouth have disappeared. I hadn't noticed it until she mentioned it. So now I'm noticing that my face is looking different around my mouth and my cheeks are looking a little fuller.

Just posted this photo of the temporary implant...

Just posted this photo of the temporary implant upper and lower dentures. I tried to put the before photo's but they are to big. I will try another time. I'm excited and looking forward to when I get the final permanent dentures, hopefully in another few months or so. So far it's been five weeks since the surgery and I'm doing fine now. Feels nice to be able to smile without hiding. Still feels kind of awkward while eating sometimes, can't quite describe it. I eat soft foods some with a little soft texture, so that's not to bad. I drink daily 1 or 2 bottles of the nutrition shake Ensure so as to be sure to get the vitamins I need that I may not be getting with the limitations of eating certain foods and hoping also this will benefit the healing of the implants. My next appointment will be February 11, 2013, I'll post again and let you know after that date.

For those who don't have the money please read the...

For those who don't have the money please read the following:
Gosh, this is not very easy to post because I don't know if I can find the site of where I got my information. After filling out a questioner, it did turn out that I qualified for a grant from the government for $29,000.00, which I did not have to ever pay for to receive denture implants. They have their own dentist's and specialists. This was a surprise for me when I qualified. I ended up though paying from my IRA to go to Clear Choice for the simple fact that it was done all in one day, removal of teeth and leaving with upper and lower (unmovable) dentures the same day. Of course these are just temporary until my implants heal, then I will receive my permante teeth (6 mos) I will try to find the site and if I remember right I think it cost me a small fee to enter the website which I think was maybe $29.00 dollars.

I think I got the internet site for the government grant: www.americasgotfunding.com. I don't remember the details of getting to where I wanted to go on this site except to say I was focused on one thing, finding a grant for denture implants and I was desperate!!!

tottcatering

I went in yesterday and they placed two wax figure (upper and lower) of my permante dentures. I looked at them and requested a whiter color (because I drink a lot of coffee and tea). Plus I requested a few teeth on the bottom and showed them witch ones that I want to look a little crooked (showed them how), and less gum showing showing on the bottom denture. I go back in August to try on again the improved waxed dentures. If I'm happy with them, then I wait 8 more days to have the perms put in. I'll let you know.

Uncomfortable but determined

Hopefully I will be receiving my permanent teeth November 27, 2013. It took some extra time because of the design I wanted for my perms and the doctor not spending enough time with me himself but relying on his staff instead with some of the detail communication. It seemed to me that the doctor is to busy?????? Not really sure what the reason is but my gut feeling. Was fitted with the perms my last visit and my bite was off. Meaning I saw a gap involving (two or three teeth) top and bottom with my bite down and I was able to stick my tongue out through it. Also when I smiled my upper lip was slightly above the dentures gum line and that really bothered me to see that because it meant everyone would know they aren't my teeth. The doctors assistant asked me two different times to just try them out for about 5 or 6 weeks and if I still wasn't happy to come back. My reply: "I don't need to try them out, I'm looking at the problem right now".
Between you (the reader) and me, I paid with one years earnings that took me years to save and I want what I paid for and expected. If anyone's toes are being stepped on because of this post, who's toes are really being stepped on here, the buyer or the seller?? To be con't......
Arshiya Sharafi, oral surgeon

Learned about them from the internet while searching for answers to the problems that were arising suddenly of loosing decayed teeth, bridges and broken decayed teeth with crowns.

I dont get it. I thought clear choice does dental implants..you said you got dentures? And if you found a grant that pays for teeth for 29,000 which i DO NOT believe for a second, WHY THE HECK did you pay with your own money?these dentists r sickening here in the us 38000 for a few implants? Why bother when you can go anywhere else and pay 3000 or less per tooth ?and in other countries pay a third of that.
Clear Choice™ is a team of dentists and in-house lab technicians, headed by a prosthodontist who assesses your mouth. They almost always counsel you to buy their All-on-4™ dental implants as your clear-best-choice, long-term, oral health solution. Clear Choice™ dental implants are actually full-mouth dentures, permanently screwed onto only 4 dental implants, 2 on the top arch and 2 on the bottom. You brush and floss daily but as your dentures are not removable by you plaque builds up on the plastic covering your gums, and so you also get them professionally removed and cleaned once a year by Dr and team. To get these All-on-4™, permanent-implant dentures, first an oral surgeon extracts all your teeth. The same day they give you full-mouth gum and bone reduction surgery. This surgery shapes your jawbones flat to immediately accept a set of trial dentures over your gums, after the scalloped gums have been surgically trimmed straight and then carefully sewn together over the reduced jawbones. The 4 implants are placed the same day, too, and over the next few months integrate into your jawbones. The permanent dentures are fit after your mouth heals. That's what Clear Choice™ is and does for a mere $40,000, more or less. Sometimes they'll offer you a $5,000 discount if you seem to be wavering because of the money.
all on four means four implants for each appliance, four on the bottom, four on the top. :)
Disgusting is right. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Thanks, gb, you are correct.
They are first business man and after dentists
Agreed.
I would be interested in seeing her upper and lower abutment teeth. Can you plz post a pic work your face in it and also show the gumline???
Seems like this reviewer was not happy with the final result once her perms were put in, but still the review is rated as "worth it". Haven't seen anything recent since she complained about a horrible fit. Really need to change the rating on this one unless the problem was resolved. I'm guessing things didn't go well or she would have updated.
I think I resolve but cost me a lot of patience.They didn't seal the holes on the perms and I'm so tired to go back.They want you to paid the money , put some theet and not to see you anymore.You have to be happy and like whatever they do.Before you pay they are very nice and less you ask more they like you.
eli92091....Are you the one who wrote the review? I thought the reviewers's name was Tottcatering. Sounds like you had a bad experience too. Glad I didn't go this route and am going to a regular dentist instead.
The regular dentist going to cost a lot more and your problems will not be resolved for ever.
No not really. It costs half as much and the results are permanent. It does takes more visits which I looked at as a negative at first, but so far I haven't had any problems either that require going back for fixes. Most of the people giving reviews on ClearChoice seem to end up going back several times with fit problems or end up with not liking the way it looks after the permanents are put in. So the time factor ends up being less of a problem than I first anticipated.
Some periodontists do dental implants, too, including All-on-4.
Right. There's another company in SDiego doing this kind of job
Did you ever get the issue resolved with the perms?
Kind of ...
Are you tottcatering with a different username?  I'm confused :).
I'm having the same problem. Are Tottcatering and eli2091 the same person?
I didn't think so.  I thought eli92091 had the surgery before tottcatering did, like 3 years ago.  Hopefully they'll respond to us :).

Are you planning on doing Clear Choice as well?
No, I opted for a private dentist. The ClearChoice thing just sounds too risky to me and there is no going back once it's done. I also think it's real overpriced. They keep changing the amount depending on what they think you can afford which makes me question their business ethics. And too many people have mentioned that once they get your money, they are less concerned about the outcome. Those things pretty much scared me off.
I looked for a review--have you had it done yet or are you still in the planning phase?
I'll write one when I am finished and see how it all turns out.
I'm Eli 92091 only.