San Diego Clear Choice Denture Implants - San Diego, CA

I just had my surgery Dec. 21, 2012 at the San...

I just had my surgery Dec. 21, 2012 at the San Diego CC. I received full denture implants, 4 on the top, 4 on the bottom, with teeth extractions as well. Looking at some real pretty teeth right now, of course just temporaries. Everyday I feel something different happening during my recovering. Hoping everything will be alright for me. Had a pretty big scare for me last week so maybe that is why I'm questioning different recovery phases. I had a Hemotoma happen in the back of my upper inside mouth, Dec. 27. Felt pressure mounting in my right sinus area on the 24th and by the 27th turned into pain and swelling. So far after seeing CC surgeon who stopped two days of bleeding I hope I'm going to be ok.
Sylvia

This week I'm doing well. Went to work all week...

This week I'm doing well. Went to work all week and people commented how beautiful my teeth look. Even from all my family on facebook. One sister asked, "what did you do"? With these being temporary I had to make plans ahead of time of what I would eat during the day including any soft snacks if needed. Sometimes I do feel a tightening in the upper denture for some reason, it's not painful just noticeable and then subsides after awhile.
I was told I look 10 years younger, and the lines around my mouth have disappeared. I hadn't noticed it until she mentioned it. So now I'm noticing that my face is looking different around my mouth and my cheeks are looking a little fuller.

Just posted this photo of the temporary implant...

Just posted this photo of the temporary implant upper and lower dentures. I tried to put the before photo's but they are to big. I will try another time. I'm excited and looking forward to when I get the final permanent dentures, hopefully in another few months or so. So far it's been five weeks since the surgery and I'm doing fine now. Feels nice to be able to smile without hiding. Still feels kind of awkward while eating sometimes, can't quite describe it. I eat soft foods some with a little soft texture, so that's not to bad. I drink daily 1 or 2 bottles of the nutrition shake Ensure so as to be sure to get the vitamins I need that I may not be getting with the limitations of eating certain foods and hoping also this will benefit the healing of the implants. My next appointment will be February 11, 2013, I'll post again and let you know after that date.

For those who don't have the money please read the...

For those who don't have the money please read the following:
Gosh, this is not very easy to post because I don't know if I can find the site of where I got my information. After filling out a questioner, it did turn out that I qualified for a grant from the government for $29,000.00, which I did not have to ever pay for to receive denture implants. They have their own dentist's and specialists. This was a surprise for me when I qualified. I ended up though paying from my IRA to go to Clear Choice for the simple fact that it was done all in one day, removal of teeth and leaving with upper and lower (unmovable) dentures the same day. Of course these are just temporary until my implants heal, then I will receive my permante teeth (6 mos) I will try to find the site and if I remember right I think it cost me a small fee to enter the website which I think was maybe $29.00 dollars.

I think I got the internet site for the government grant: www.americasgotfunding.com. I don't remember the details of getting to where I wanted to go on this site except to say I was focused on one thing, finding a grant for denture implants and I was desperate!!!

tottcatering

I went in yesterday and they placed two wax figure (upper and lower) of my permante dentures. I looked at them and requested a whiter color (because I drink a lot of coffee and tea). Plus I requested a few teeth on the bottom and showed them witch ones that I want to look a little crooked (showed them how), and less gum showing showing on the bottom denture. I go back in August to try on again the improved waxed dentures. If I'm happy with them, then I wait 8 more days to have the perms put in. I'll let you know.

Uncomfortable but determined

Hopefully I will be receiving my permanent teeth November 27, 2013. It took some extra time because of the design I wanted for my perms and the doctor not spending enough time with me himself but relying on his staff instead with some of the detail communication. It seemed to me that the doctor is to busy?????? Not really sure what the reason is but my gut feeling. Was fitted with the perms my last visit and my bite was off. Meaning I saw a gap involving (two or three teeth) top and bottom with my bite down and I was able to stick my tongue out through it. Also when I smiled my upper lip was slightly above the dentures gum line and that really bothered me to see that because it meant everyone would know they aren't my teeth. The doctors assistant asked me two different times to just try them out for about 5 or 6 weeks and if I still wasn't happy to come back. My reply: "I don't need to try them out, I'm looking at the problem right now".
Between you (the reader) and me, I paid with one years earnings that took me years to save and I want what I paid for and expected. If anyone's toes are being stepped on because of this post, who's toes are really being stepped on here, the buyer or the seller?? To be con't......
Arshiya Sharafi, oral surgeon

Learned about them from the internet while searching for answers to the problems that were arising suddenly of loosing decayed teeth, bridges and broken decayed teeth with crowns.

I dont get it. I thought clear choice does dental implants..you said you got dentures? And if you found a grant that pays for teeth for 29,000 which i DO NOT believe for a second, WHY THE HECK did you pay with your own money?these dentists r sickening here in the us 38000 for a few implants? Why bother when you can go anywhere else and pay 3000 or less per tooth ?and in other countries pay a third of that.
Clear Choice™ is a team of dentists and in-house lab technicians, headed by a prosthodontist who assesses your mouth. They almost always counsel you to buy their All-on-4™ dental implants as your clear-best-choice, long-term, oral health solution. Clear Choice™ dental implants are actually full-mouth dentures, permanently screwed onto only 4 dental implants, 2 on the top arch and 2 on the bottom. You brush and floss daily but as your dentures are not removable by you plaque builds up on the plastic covering your gums, and so you also get them professionally removed and cleaned once a year by Dr and team. To get these All-on-4™, permanent-implant dentures, first an oral surgeon extracts all your teeth. The same day they give you full-mouth gum and bone reduction surgery. This surgery shapes your jawbones flat to immediately accept a set of trial dentures over your gums, after the scalloped gums have been surgically trimmed straight and then carefully sewn together over the reduced jawbones. The 4 implants are placed the same day, too, and over the next few months integrate into your jawbones. The permanent dentures are fit after your mouth heals. That's what Clear Choice™ is and does for a mere $40,000, more or less. Sometimes they'll offer you a $5,000 discount if you seem to be wavering because of the money.
all on four means four implants for each appliance, four on the bottom, four on the top. :)
Did you ever get the issue resolved with the perms?
I was just wondering if clear choice takes a ppo dental insurance
No - they have some pamphlets on finance companies. I chose to take a loan from my 401k. I had both upper and lower done.
Please someone give info on pricing for one are no teeth extraction for those who have a denture already thanks just general pricing please for everyone else out there as well
I just had my surg on Jan 13 and I'm not sure who said they went right back to work, but I am having the opposite experience, I have had soo much swelling and huge symmetrical bruising around my mouth and cheeks and neck...won't be going back to work for another week at least..also the temp teeth extend so far up my upper gum that they cause pressure to my nose and so far inside my mouth that they gag me... Won't have a follow up til 1/28. Hope they can correct some of these issues.....I never had any of these problems addressed in my pre op visit...
Thank you! I have slight scarring from my car wreck already so my reflex is bad!! I am using youtr struggle to go by! Good Well !!!
It's seem they do not carry about you-get the $, fill up you mounth with some teeths and ... good luck for you...
I had my surgery done almost 3 years ago but still struggling with permanent arches-lower one broke several times on the same place and it's took me time calling and waiting that the problem been fixed.Wish me good luck .....!!!
How do you care for them? And are you on a payment plan? I am very interested in doing the clear choice. I have really bad teeth and its to the point where my face is hurting! Financing is the big question.
I just had my surgery for complete upper and lower. I took a loan from my 401k ( best as your paying yourself back ) but CC does not finance. They will put you in touch with a finance company. The care is pretty close to caring for normal teeth. I use a in-shower water-pik, brushing 2-3 times a day, rinsing with prescribed dental rinse. I had swelling starting the 2nd day and lasted for about a week. The pain is minor but constant. The procedure was easy, they put in an IV, I passed out and around 5 hours later I was walking to my private room with my non-moving temp teeth. They prescribed pain meds, heavy at first then dropping down to ibuprofen 800. It's been a month today and I'm going most of the day without any meds, but the evenings I cramp just a little so I take an ibuprofen.
Are you happy with the results?
I had an severe accident 4 month ago...Just recovering from it. My 6 tooth from the upper and lower jaw broke ..I was literally shattered after that accident.I have done my dental implants in a private clinic called zajacdental at Oakville. Thanks to zajac !One of my major problem is solved...
Tott, did you ever get your perms? How are you doing?
No...i just go it done on October 14th. I healed up quick...23 teeth out...amazing!
Hi Mevina, I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. Getting my perms (hopefully) 11/27/2013. Went two weeks ago for the perms to be placed and noticed two problems with them: the upper gum line showed when I smiled and the bite near the front to the left between 2 or 3 teeth top and bottom wasn't touching each other so it was easy to stick my tongue out between them (I couldn't believe it!!) The nurse asked if I still wanted to try them out for 5 or 6 weeks to see if I liked them and I said "I don't need to try them out because I just did and I don't accept them." I couldn't believe what I saw and I blame the doctor for the blunder because he doesn't seem to have time for me with my visits and I'm driving 3 hours each way to get there. I've been getting fitted for the perms for 3 months now with only being allowed 1 visit each month. Each visit the wax perms are not what I said I want. When he comes in and takes a look he runs back out and I have to finish the conversation with the nurses thinking they are telling him what I want. One time I said could you please ask the doctor to come back in so that I can explain to him the details and she couldn't find him for about 30 minutes......?????
I've heard this complaint from several people regarding the final phase and they are still dealing with trying to get it resolved.  One of them is in the early stages of a lawsuit, not sure how that is progressing at this point.
Tott, good for you sticking to your guns and refusing the perms. They need to solve the problems! I wonder if the unlevel bite was cuz of an off impression--or could it be from uneven bone loss, or even bone regrowth on one side more than the other? I know they say bone is stabilized with this procedure but sometimes the body may not know that.... Thanks for sharing your experience, and please let us know how it goes on the 27th.
Dr. Brueggen comes in and looks each time I have a try in....I've had 3 and going for another one on the 20th. This last time he showed the lab guy how he wanted the teeth to be.....showed him how he did it with the "fox plane"...which I don't know if that is how it is spelled...but that is how he pronounces it. The first try in, very unhappy that I had no lip line. Dr. Brueggen told lab to bring it out 15*, That took care of it. The next time, you could see more gums on one side than the other....and that was taken care of. Now it is uneven....so that is being taken care of. I don't care if I have to go back fifty times. I am disappointed that my teeth will be slightly smaller than my temps. I love the temps. To me, they are perfect in every way. However, I have broken the temps 4 times because due to the placement of the last implant...not far enough back, but he showed me on the MRI that the location of my sinus, prevented an implant from going that far back. There will probably be more tweaking because even though he brought my upper lip out, my lower lip came out more than I wanted it to, and I don't know if I like that or not. I am going to have to see. To me, this is by far the worst part of the whole procedure. It is stressful to me to see them work on these. The temps were just there and I liked them. No stress involved in getting them just right. They were right from the beginning. Tott, I hope you get them fixed to your satisfaction. Don't give up on them.
Hi, I agree with you.3 years from the surgery and still problems with the perms.San Diego needs to improve regarding the final phase.
Where did you go in Las Vegas? I live in the area and would like a referral it you are happy.
Did you have them done in Las Vegas I also live there and would like to find a reputable dentist. Thank you.