Family is Not Very Supportive! - San Diego, CA

Hi everyone! I just put my self in the books...

Hi everyone! I just put my self in the books officially for my BA. I was SUPER excited about it until it came time to tell my family. I am 25 years old. Been married since I was almost 19. Have two children... but still felt it necessary to tell my parents and grandparents about my plans. My grandparents raised me so they are basically my parents too. Anyways, my mother was very on board and supportive. In fact said she would do hers if she could afford it. (we have a more sisterly relationship....) My father and grandfather are both TOTALLY against it. My grandfather was burnt badly as a child and has many many scars. He sees my plastic surgery as adding scars to my body and un necessary.... My dad gave me a major guilt trip about it being selfish and I should spend that money on my kids..... My grandmother pretty much said "Well, you know Im not thrilled but youre an adult and its your body". Thankfully, my husband is 1000% supportive!!! (He says Im beautiful as I am but if I want this procedure he's on board. ) Anyways, just wondered how everyone deals with these kinds of reactions....
Thanks for your input!!
I can't wait to have the body of my dreams! (breastfeeding two kids who are 14 months apart in age does wonders to your chest!!) My pre op is monday :)

Pre op TOMORROW

Im looking forward to my pre op tomorrow morning :) Can't wait to talk more about what we are going to do and also see the digital results!

Pre Op Today

Well I had my pre op appointment today!! It was exciting. Got a lot of information about what the process will be like. I was kind of nervous about the recovery process but they put my mind completely at ease! Im confident I'll be able to handle the pain and discomfort. I can't wait! We "decided" for now on 450cc on one side and 475cc on the other side... But the more I look at the picture today I kind of want to go just a TAD bigger. So I think on my surgery day Ill go up a little :) Big day is November 22!!!! :) I will try to do some before pics for everyone :)

Big day is FRIDAY

Im really excited about the surgery :) Im also pretty nervous about what my limitations will be and how well Ill be able to care for myself after. I will have my husband Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... but he has to go to work on Monday. Thankfully my kids will be on "vacation" at grandma and grandpas so I wont have to take care of them. I hope Ill be able to survive during the day on my own. What has been your experience with this ladies?

Sleep :)

I have four more nights of normal sleep!!! How long were you all sleeping upright? When did you move to flat on your back? on your side? on your stomach?

5 days post op

Im sorry this is going to be very brief… but I wanted to say that Im officially 5 days post op and I feel GREAT :) Im shocked at how fast I have recovered so far!!! My movement is very limited and I have moments of soreness but really no true PAIN…. Im still in my surgical bra of course but I have peeked a time or two at the ladies… Still quite swollen but I can already tell that I will LOVE them :) Dr Pousti and all of the people who work with him have been amazing! I've gotten phone calls every day to check on me… :) Love the dr. Love the new ladies.

UPDATE!

I am just over 2 weeks post op… I wanted to say that I have LOVED every bit of my experience with Dr Pousti! He has been great through the whole process. Honestly, if for any reason I decide to have or I need any plastic surgery in the future it will be a challenge to not return to San Diego JUST to be under his care again (we are a military family and move a lot!). I will say that they strongly encourage patients to leave reviews (good and bad) which some people might find pushy… but it doesn't bother me. In this day and age I feel like its important for people to leave honest reviews so that people really know what they are getting… And you will be VERY VERY satisfied with Dr Pousti and his staff. I will try to post a couple pics this weekend to give you a look at my results.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

LOVED everything about my experience with Dr Pousti and his staff. I will forever be referring patients to him!!!