Much better! - San Diego, CA

This review has been a long time coming, mostly...

This review has been a long time coming, mostly because I knew it was likely going to be a small novel of praise for Dr. Pousti haha!

My backstory: I've had quite a few breast surgeries over the years. The first was very traumatic, leaving me with terrible, terrible scars and battered self esteem. The others that followed helped, but each time I was left with tatas that looked ok at first, then majorly bottomed out within a couple months. The skin on my breasts is pretty thin and stretched out, so after awhile I just gave up on fixing them.

I came across Dr. Pousti online and was very impressed by his website, particularly the ginormous photo gallery! I have never seen a doctor post up more than a couple pages of results. Dr. Pousti has hundreds! This demonstrates his pride in his work and really shows his ability to achieve results tailored to the individual (ie: you don't see "the same" set over and over again. He does everything from perky lil ones to "LOOK AT ME MY BEWBS ARE AWESOME!" lol)

Anyway, I was most intrigued by his revision gallery. This man has helped so many woman with far worse situations than I. Honestly, I teared up a bit looking through some of these, he's changed a lot of lives. I wanted to give myself one last shot at breasts I actually liked.

If my mind was made up looking at his website, then it was double done upon interacting with his staff and meeting him in person. Everyone was very friendly and approachable and Dr. Pousti himself is very kind and understanding. We talked about what my goals were for the surgery and he suggested we go under the muscle this time (I had previously only done over) and perform a small lift as well.

I wanted my breasts perkier and wider so they would have more bra-less cleavage.

Dr. Pousti delivered on all counts. My recovery wasn't too bad and his aftercare was top notch. I was so happy with my results that I routinely showed them to other prospective patients (in office haha) when I had my check up appointments. This is not a rare occurrence at Dr. Pousti's either, we are literally so happy we can't "contain" ourselves! :P

Almost two years later and I am still very happy with my results. With my skin being the way it is, I expected them to drop a bit, which they did, but they still look great.

So in conclusion, Dr. Pousti is the boob whisperer. Accept no imitations or substitutes, it's worth every penny!

Update with photo

The scars have healed beautifully (for my skin at least, they're not perfect) and my right breast has bottomed out a little but overall has a good shape to it. My left breast, however, has severely bottomed out and is lopsided because my skin just plain sucks. :(
The main issue I deal with day-to-day is how high my nipples are because of the bottoming out (left one especially). Tube tops are a definite no-go and I have to glue my bikini tops on because my nipples like to pop out....a lot.
I am thinking about a revision using smaller implants (I have 500cc silicone ones now) and some type of internal structural support (alloderm, etc) to fix them, but that will have to wait until my wallet can handle it. I saw Dr. Pousti about a revision but I have since moved out of CA to OR so I will probably go to a different doctor because I want to recover at home.
I am thinking about Dr. Baxter up in Mountlake Terrace,WA. I had a consultation with him a couple months ago and he has tons of experience with revisions requiring extra support. I was also impressed with the fact that he said he could fix the distortion that happens when I flex my pectorals (I'd probably go under the muscle again). Didn't think that could be fixed, but he knows how apparently.
So in summation, my prior review still stands for the most part, but I'd knock down one star because with my history he should have put in some extra support and advised against this size implant.
Hopefully I can get this fixed next year and be done with this! *fingers crossed*
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

(See novella above) ->see update regarding 1 star deduction

please post pics; they will be awesome if he did them anyway ;))) C
Always good to read stories that are inspiring and encouraging to women going through breast reconstruction whether it be breast cancer or cosmetic procedures. Our stories will help spread the news to women around the globe to never give up on what you would like from your doctors and the look you are trying to achieve. It does play an important role in how we feel about ourselves and self esteem. I just completed my third go around with breast surgeries. First time was breast augmentation to celebrate 50th birthday present to myself, yipee, Second surgery was during my healing from breast augmentation they found cancerous tumor so al for not back in to get everything removed both breasts and implants and recently breast mounds gave way under both breasts so implants had to removed, replaced and reconstructed. Auugghh but thank God I too had a fabulous surgeon. Dr. John Y.S. Kim at Northwesetrn in Chicago. This surgery was definitely unexpected but the look Dr. Kim took my breath away. I finally look beautiful again and do not look like the "Patchwork Bunny" Cheers to the doctors out there that care and really make a difference in the lives of women! Lu Lu
                would love to see pics

Oh I'm so delighted to hear your story has a happy ending! Congratulations...it really sounds like you deserve a set of lovely breasts! Would love to hear more details: what are your stats, what type of implant did you get and how many cc's? Glad to hear you're enjoying your new look!