I am a 38 year old who got implants ~9 years ago....

I am a 38 year old who got implants ~9 years ago. I used to obsess about breasts and how I had "none." I'm very glad I got them, as they are wonderful and have allowed me to feel confident in a way I never could. Now that I've had them, I see I don't need them. They have done their job. I am trying to become authentic, love myself and demand that I be loved for me. I have no health risks yet, but think I will heal better now than in 20 years. At first I loved them, then I kinda forgot they were there. Lately I'm hiding them and feeling the fakeness inside me. I am breast-obsessed again, in the opposite way. I am 5'4" and got implants at ~105 lbs. part of the rationale was to "even out my figure." I always felt bigger on the bottom . Well, looking at old pix, the reality is that I was skinny, top and bottom. With the implants I allowed myself to gain ~40 lbs. I'm starting to get fit again and should likely end up at around 30 lbs heavier than my pre-implant, 29 year old self. Now that I'm here, I'm more interested in demanding I'm loved for ME. Somehow that now means its ok if I wear makeup and dye my hair, but I think the saline needs to go. I went from a small A to a full C, and have (over the last 8 years) now become a 34DD. I worry about sagging and disfigurement, but as many of you mentioned, implants are a disfigurement. It's a hard decision since they look great and have no complications. I'm hoping I'm movin to a different place in my life, and I'm feelin like they need to go. Any thoughts? I have a consult w the same six who put them in (Tom Pousti in San Diego) on sept 23.
You have a good but of natural tissue covering your implant! This will definitely work in your favor! Women who have more natural breast tissue tend to have a better result IMO! Do not worry!
You are young and beautiful. Your breasts are going to bounce right back and you are not going to believe how much better you feel! You will be able to exercise more easily, and clothes will fit you so much better! Praying for you!
Just like you I loved my implants at first. I was extremely hesitant to get them at first, but afterward thought it was the best thing I ever did. Reality set in a few years later and I couldn't fit in button up shirts or dresses without getting a size too big for me. I hated that working out was not the same and felt weird. Like you I started covering them up and becoming embarrassed of them and the fakeness of it all. Unfortunately, I've developed health issues and some slight complications from them in the past year which was the final deciding factor for me to get rid of them and just be me again. I'm honestly looking forward to getting rid of the extra weight on my chest and looking more athletic again. I'm looking forward to wearing cute things and not drawing attention to my chest. I wish you well on your journey and hope that you find peace with whatever decision you make.

Explant date and doc set!

After consults, there were 2 surgeons I would consider. I'm going with Dr. Pousti. He is the same now as he was 10 years ago...conservative, thoughtful an confident he can achieve good results. T minus 20 days...my surgery is set for 7am mon oct 14...

How is Recovery after Explant with Benelli Lift?

So I'm excited about Oct 14, but nervous too. I've decided to do the lift and explant. I hear explant is almost painless, and that lift could be almost painless as well. i'm scared of the drains. I also find it hard to believe that the pain will not be anything like what it was getting these things in. My latest waffle point is whether or not to get the lift. I don't want to be disappointed that I didn't, but that's not really a reason TO do something. I started out a 34A but that was 10 years ago; I'm different, my body is different, and I apparently have more breast tissue than I used to (due to weight gain). I have seen tons of pictures with and without the lift.. And bodies are bodies. So some women have amazing results without the lift, and some have not amazing results without the lift, and some have amazing results with the lift and some have not amazing results with the lift. I'm having a really hard time debating this point. It seems minor to me at times, and then I fret over it. Will it make them look worse? Is it worth the extra pain and scars? I'm so sure about the removal...I just wish I was more sure about the lift. Anyone have any input?

Thanks...
I went back and forth about the lift or not too....my dr. (and others) say that it is best to wait to have a lift after the explant to let things "settle" so the dr. knows what he is really working with. I looked at it this way, I would get the explant and if I couldn't live with how it turned out...then I would get the lift. They say you should give it 6 months before you lift after your explant. Knowing that it is better to wait till after the explant for the lift made me feel much better......you can always have the lift a little later on if you are unhappy with your result.....no need to rush it.

Swinging to the scared side

I have been obsessively looking forward to my surgery. Today was the first day I felt terrified. I'm really scared of the pain afterwards. I'm scared of anesthesia though I've had it twice before. I get panic attacks, and I'm afraid ill have one after surgery. I'm afraid of the IV. I remember getting the implants in and tellin the nurse "I can feel it going up my arm. I don't like t." I'm a control freak and I don't like the idea of not remembering the day of surgery. I'm not religious so I don't think any higher power is looking out for me. I want this done but I'm chicken! Thanks for listening.
Hope you're doing well.
Thanks Old Me. I'm just counting down days to surgery...8. I want to do the removal and Benelli lift...waffling on the lift but can't wait for explant. Had my first nightmare last night about being too small. How are you?
Sorry I'm a bit late with a response concerning your lift question... But I was wondering... Do you think it might be worth waiting and seeing if you end up needing one? I understand your fear of multiple surgery- I HATED the thought of going back under after my augmentation! But I would hate for you to get one when you may not need it. And honestly, in my opinion at least, ladies with more tissue have some of the best outcomes from removal only! But of course the choice is yours to make and we all will be supportive of you no matter what! I'm not sure about a lift but I assure you explant is pain free! And I'm the BIGGEST baby! My breasts were a bit sore, almost like a bruise- but not major at all, and my incisions would sting a little bit but that is it! I promise you will do great! It'll be over before you know it. Have you tried medicine for your panic attacks? I used to take medication for mine and it helped. Ill have to think of the name.. Just try to take a deep breath and know that you WILL get through this, you ARE strong, & you ARE beautiful! Ill be thinking about you.

T minus 1 week

I can't wait to be posting POST pictures. Ugh. Looking at those DD nightmares and juxtaposing that with the button-down shirts in my closet that I haven't worn in years...
I really want to be fit and happy. I hope I can be. I hope small/natural breasts are the right way to go. I think so. And I'm impatient about the lift. I will likely do it, though everyone here tells me to wait 6 months. Waiting is probably the right thing to do. But if the level to which I have been obsessing the last 2 weeks is any indication of what that 6 months would be like, I'm going for the lift. I can't take it in my head anymore@! It's so crazy! Good night ladies, and thanks for listening. I'm imagining daily rants until the deed is done. We shall see.

Found my pre-BA pix

I'm very proud of myself. These took a while to pull out of the archives...

The day has come

Though it never seemed like it would...my surgery is at 10am tomorrow. I report to the surgery center at 8 am. I'm nervous and excited, still. I have an amazing man to take care of me, so now I just worry about the IV and the anesthesia and the drain and the pain afterwards. Thanks for listening. Ill write tomorrow if I can...
Thank you everyone I couldn't do it without you and ill need you more than ever. My breasts go from pain level 3 to 9...guess those are the stingers everyone was talking about. I hope I sleep =\
Praying for you. You will be fine!
Good luck tomorrow.................See you on the other side ! :]

I did it!!!

I'm so happy! Here are the pix I promised :) more when I unwrap...
I did great getting home--it was 30 miles from La Mesa but it was no prob. I brought the pillow as someone on here suggested. I slept on and off propped in bed. I need help getting to the bathroom but I don't feel loopy while in bed. The pain is worse than I expected, but manageable. I'm Having trouble keeping my arms at my side, but I'm quickly reminded by a sharp ache. Luckily no nausea---I started w a Special K vanilla protein drink, then a few crackers w honey, then a slice of bread w almond butter, a little OJ then a little mango sorbet. I was expecting to be on liquids today and yogurt tomorrow, but I'm already on light solid foods. It hurts but today it's worth it. I'm excited and scared
Congrats on being on the other end of this now. Take it easy and focus on healing. Prayers for a speedy recovery!
Thank you! I can't wait til the drains come out...but they're necessary. I definitely don't want a seroma

First look tomorrow

My first post-op appt is tomorrow. I hope they look ok. I'm still excited and nervous...
How did it go? Remember, it is very early days. You are doing great, and the tough part is over.
I go for consult tomorrow. So confused. But you look great. We wonder why we do this!
I was referring to your pre op pic. You looked great then. I'm sure you will be happy with your natural self again.

They look a-ma-zing!

So I went to my 3 day post op appt. drains are staying in bc I'm still putting out over 20 ml/day, but I got to see the ladies...I'm SO HAPPY! And it only gets better from here. They still hurt, I'm still on pain meds even tho I'm told it shouldn't hurt, but it dores. And I don't care; it's worth it : D
YAYAY!!! So glad you and the ladies are so happy! Hopefully the pain will lessen. When do you get your drains out? Congratulations!
Drains scheduled to come out tue, but earlier if they start outputting less than 20 ml/24 hrs

And now the pix that were supposed to accompany the last post

Here they are
Wow!  You look amazing, and have awesome natural boobs.  Did you have a circumareolar lift? (Donut mastopexy, Benelli Lift, etc).  I think your body proportions are so in harmony now!
Luv, thank you and yes I had the donut lift. Dr Pousti measured me and said I was pseudoptotic- nipples level w the infra mammary fold. He suggested I would not need a lift, and would likely be happy without. I didn't want to take he 6 months to see what happened and then go back for surgery again. He said there was no reason for extra work and scars I I didn't need it. I thought about it and decided I would want the lift, and that I didn't want to wait. So yes, he did bilateral explant + donut lift. I wish I had the preop markings...the nipple only came up a few cm...but I am quite happy. Other docs don't like the idea of "using skin to lift skin," suggesting the results won't last. For me, because it was such a small (but visually significant) change, I opted to give it a go.

Wish I could figure out how I change my rating to "Worth It"

That's it. I can't figure it out =\
It's easy to change your rating...just click the "edit" button at the top of your review. You look great :)
I'm sure you have some swelling and things might go down a bit...but wow, it looks like you have a ton of breast tissue. They look great and the donut lift looks like the right lift for you....very natural and beautiful! Congrats!
Wow you look incredible! Happy healing:)

Drains out!!

So drain removal, which I heard can be awful, was ok. I am a HUGE WUSS when it comes to needles. Poisti's assistants held my hand while injecting the numbing stuff...needle didn't hurt much but the lidocaine or whatever burned like a B**** for about 20 seconds as it went in. It was worth it tho. I felt the stitch that was holding the drain in as pressure, and I didn't feel the drain coming out at all. I haven't taken a Percocet since 11:30 and I am fine. I think the drains were causing me more pain than the breasts! They've been out 4.5 hours and I feel GREAT! I am told now is the time to NOT overdo it...I walked the dogs by myself but otherwise will ask the man to keep an eye on me and make sure I don't over exert myself. I also went to the hairdresser an got a wash and blow dry. Best $20 I've spent...I was GROSS! And I can't shower til at least Tues... So here I am in good spirits. Here are Day 4 pix...swelling has gone down a little I think...and the drains coming out means the side padding came off...I think today's pix are more true to te real look...square and oddly flat topped, but MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE! I am soooo happy and can't wait to play with them and dress them up ;)
Wow! Your surgery turned out really well!
Thanks! I'm in more pain than most people, but the result looks good so far. I'm a bit nervous about the periareolar stitches...there's a little blood and I am worried about scsrring
Yay!! Good for you! My doc said it is critical to rest so as to prevent bleeding. She scared my husband so much he is doing everything!! Let yourself heal -spend your time looking at cute LITTLE bras!!

Stitches bleeding?

I of course was not supposed to peek until the doc looks again Tuesday, and I of course looked today. I'm concerned that the blood on the tape is too much and now I'm freaking out. Anyone else have stitches that look like this? Thanks ladies ;)
Congratulations on your ex-plant, cant wait to see how cute the real you will look in a few months!
My doctor said to call her if there was any significant bleeding. If you have any questions, you should call her/him right away!

Getting smaller

I'm one week post-op; at this time last week I was coming out of anesthesia. Amazing. I hope the recovery time keeps flying. The compression is working, because the big beautiful natural breasts I saw on day 3 are now squat on day 7. The surgical bra also gives them a really weird shape in shirts. But I'm doing as I'm told. I will feel like a hypocrite for hoping for some really good fluffing, but lets face it-we all want bigger breasts, we just want them to be natural too. Ok enough for now. Time to rest. Thanks for listening.
Congratulations on your explant! Yes, the swelling is going down and they are shrinking... don't let that get you down. Think about how good you FEEL without the implants! I still have mine (explanting Dec 2013) and I cannot wait to experience real natural breasts again (even if they are teeny). You already look great and as you heal you will look better and better! Thank you for sharing your story to those of us on the other side.
Aww thank you and you're welcome. Funny, i really have nothing to complain about. And yes I should focus on how I feel. Thanks for the reminder! This is why i come on this site--when I can't motivate myself, you ladies do if for me.
Yeah, isn't wearing these tight bandage/bras a blast! I can't wait until Thursday when I can graduate to just a sports bra!! I know I will have fluff - poor little things are smushed flat right now!! Don't worry - the time will fly. Rest and take good care.

I'm so lucky

At my visit today, post op day 8, I asked dr Pousti if I could take off the surgical bra long enough to wash it. He said, "yes...or burn it" I'm havin a slight rash from the band, so he said move into a sports bra for the next 3 weeks. That will take me to my next appt, when the strips come off (they're on cuz of the lift). I can now shower as long a I get waterproof bandages so as not to get the stitches wet, but no washing my own hair for another week. I bought a Nike front zip medium bra from Sports Authority. Expensive at $45 but it is supportive, compressy and more comfortable than the surgical bra.

I say I'm lucky because, at this point, I have so much breast tissue left. I'm so glad I did this. I wish I didn't delete my "before" pic in a tank top, cuz in my after pic I feel good, not freakish. My breasts are smaller and saggier than the pix make them look (I've tried to get a true pic but its not easy), but it's goin to be so much better than freakishly big and fake. In 6 months when everything has settled, I hope I'm as happy as I am now. For now, I'm quite thankful.
WOW, you look fantastic ~ almost like nothing even happened! I am sooo happy for you! I'm sure it will only get better from here.

Side to side comparison

Here's the closest I have...
Wow you look amazing! I really appreciate you sharing your experience with all of us. I think about all you've been through and how wonderful things are turning out - it gives me hope for myself. Thank you!
Even if your swelling has gone down and you're smaller....you still look fantastic. I bought two sports bras online for after my surgery and they came today. They're so soft and seem comfortable I can't wait until I can wear them....I'm still a month out from getting my chance though. I'm just counting the days now..:)
Yay! Bye bye surgical bra!! You look great. It has been a very emotional week for you, so ups and downs are to be expected. I am going sports bra shopping tomorrow!

Day 11

Looking better every day. I can't stop looking at them--they're amazing! I am happier having the implants gone. I feel slimmer and more mentally energetic. I can't wait to work out. I'm so happy I explanted!!!
Do you have your appointment? I am coming to realize that docs are so used to the "ideal" that they conceptualize; they can't understand we'll be perfectly happy with imperfect, natural (and natural looking) breasts. No upper pole fullness? No problem! I think you'll love the result. Keep me posted!

No upper pole fullness? NO PROBLEM!

This is my first rant. I realize I am preaching to the choir, but it has to come out. It is occurring to me after reading several of your posts that the beauty we are chasing isn't even real. We are now conditioned to see fake breasts and covet them; thinking there is something wrong with us because we couldn't grow them ourselves. But I am realizing that I actually find natural breasts sexier....typically ones of a certain size, not too big not too small, but still, natural. I'm getting very irritated at the docs that are advising you ladies to get implants instead of a lift because a lift will not give you what you want. I'm realizing a lift actually would give you what you want...you probably want youthful, natural breasts...not the New Norm, which is high profile blah blah blah. And also impossible to achieve in nature. I can think of one woman whose breasts are incredible...out of at least 20 friends I've seen nude. But I feel like now there are more than 5% of the population that has implants...so most of us aren't even comparing ourselves to those genetically blessed people we know...we're comparing to that plus surgical results. I am so glad that I realized I don't like the look of implants. I think we went from "I want implants to look natural but bigger" to looking for implants that will make us look like other women with implants. And now that we've come back to our senses, we realize we have "baseballs on our chests," "plastic balloons," "toxic bags." I wish I could work on my self esteem to the point where I don't care if my man's head is turned by a magnificent pair of breasts. Or at least realize he's not going to leave me for a pair of breasts. Or any other body part, for that matter. I'm just waiting to start obsessing about the size of my belly--because I have removed the implants, which means ican be happy with my breasts. So I will need something else to get down on myself about. Ugh there will always be something.thanks for listening.
Hi there Unsure. I saw your profile weeks ago and saved the shortcut on my phone, haha now I am back to check on your progress. You look a lot like I do right now. I also explanted and lifted. I'm now 4 days post op (or is it 5? Not sure whether to include surgery day). I am very happy so far. I haven't tried on a real bra yet, I only have little sports crop tops, size L. Down to taking the occasional panadeine and my antibiotics :) i'm hoping for some helpful fluffing in time, but for now I'm pleased! I haven't told anyone so I wonder who will notice? ;) happy healing!!
I can relate to what you have said. I was told many times that if I wanted a lift I would not look right without an implant. I hated the idea...because I just wanted a lift. In the end I had lost so much weight and dropped a cup size that I agreed that I would probably get the results I really wanted with an implant + lift. A couple of years later and putting a little weight back on I regretted that decision. I'm definitely alright with having no upper pole fullness and now when I look at all the breast pictures on this site....natural ones are so much better looking no matter how small they are than the fake implant look.

Day 13

My first real shower....ahhhhh! They're still sore, getting smaller and tighter, but I'm starting to dress them up and I'm so happy they're smaller! Another before and after :)
Interesting that you were told not to wash your own hair for a while Unsure! I had mine done on the Tuesday & had my 1st post-op on the Friday. By then I'd already managed to stick my head under the tap in my spa bath and was my own hair while kneeling forward ;) luckily my DH didn't see me, he would have had a fit. I showered & washed my own hair on the Sunday, so day 5 after op. Before that I just sat in a small bath and washed very carefully. Happy healing!!
Oooh jealous! Yes my PS said not until after week 2 (because I the lift and te periareolar stitches)

Wish versus Reality

I am lucky. I hope things continue to look so good. Today they hurt like someone is biting them off! Ouch! Here are some pix of my wish breasts and then my result...not bad! =D
***of***
Unsure do you have any pics if your actual incisions? I uploaded mine & they're scary!!

Day 18 and still in PAIN

I am an ex-rugby player, so I can take pain. I had implant removal and a Benelli lift. I am writing in hopes that some of you ladies are experiencing what I am, and can reassure me. I took it easy the first week and a half. Now I'm back to work, back to home (ie unloading the dishwasher etc) and the pain has worsened. I've called the PS and they assure me all is fine(I have no fever, swelling, etc). But I have muscle aches, searing pain that shoots to my nipples, and I've started taking the Percocet again cuz I can't take the pain. It doesn't help much (which leads me to believe its nerve pain or muscle spasm) but it takes the edge off. Please tell me someone else out there feels worse 2 weeks postop than they did on say day 4. And for all of you considering explant--this is worth it. This pain is temporary and I will get through it. I am still 100% happy--elated really--that I explanted . I am just bummed that my healing is taking a lot longer than the average patient. Thanks for listening.
Hi there! I just took 2 paracetamol now because I felt really uncomfy on day 11. I think we start doing too much ;)
I think you're right!

3.5 weeks

Here are the 3 week pix...lookin good...can't wait to get the steri strips off and see how the stitches are
You look amazing. Your story is so similar to mine is scary! I was 34b and went to 34d but although I'm still wearing 34d Bras I've gained over 15lbs since I got the saline implants 10yrs ago and I'm spilling out of them now. I'm hoping to get them out in December but I've been told I don't need a lift which I'm happy about as it would have doubled the price! If I end up looking as good as you I'll be delighted x
You look so amazing!

First workout!

My breasts and incisions have hurt the entire month. It's been getting better, but I'm still doing Ibuprophen and Benadryl several times a day. I decided for my 1 mo anniversary I would start lower body workouts again. Well, 40 minutes and 200 calories later, the stationary bike and I are on good terms again. Next week the steri strips come off. This was the best decision ever!
You look amazing... I never heard of the Benelli Lift nor did any of the Drs tell me about it. I wonder if I would be a good candidate for it. Im not sure how I feel about cutting around my whole nipple. That freaks me out. Uggh why does everything have to be so difficult?
Yeah the cutting all the way around is weird. I never heard of it either til I joined this site! It's for ppl that don't need much repositioning...it's essentially just removing a little skin and cinching up like "purse strings" . Ill post my surgical markings so you can see.
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait till I finally get to work out again too! You look awesome!

Benelli lift markings

I wanted to post this pic to show about how much skin was moved/removed. Good candidates for the Benelli lift seem to be those who just need or want repositioning of the nipple-areola complex. Ppl that actually need tissue lifted get the lollipop or the anchor lift.

Sorry wrong pic

Hey. Just wanted to check in and say thanks for encouraging me to get those suckers out several times! I have absolutely no regrets and am starting to feel so much better! I'm also having a hard time not doing everything now cause I feel like I can (well no push ups or jogging of course I know I can't do that) but things like washing my hair ect...but I wont just to be sure. Anyway thanks and I'm still following your review. Tape and Stitches out yet??
Thank you! Yeah I have a hard time taking it easy...though I should be. You're doing it right
And furthermore. You so inspire me with so much information and photo documentation!! December 4th hurry...omg please hurry!!

The size question

I am trying to answer the question of what size I ended up, and it's difficult. It's misleading to say I went from wearing 34 DD bras to 34 D bras because I have lost ~350 cc from each breast. Part of the issue is that my breasts are now a different shape...flat up and down because of the lift and less "upper pole fullness" because of the explant. I was also busting out of those 34DD bras. I feel like I have lost 2-3 cup sizes, which is amazing. Also, I can feel my sides with my triceps and my armpits. I didn't realize it was arm-on-breast for so long. I have my 1 mo appt on Tuesday to get the steri strips off...I'm still in sports bras but of course have already gone Bra shopping :) also I'm having trouble getting pix that make them look as small as they are...ill get a friend to take some ; maybe the perspective is just wrong. Hope this helps!
I just wanted to say that you look amazing!!
Thanks for this post. After surgery I wanted to measure myself to get an idea of what size I might be now. I went online and realized there were many ways to measure. Based on old standards I measure a 36B, however with new modern measuring standards you don't add inches to your band size any more. From my understanding..when band size goes down cup size goes up and vice versa. So although I was in a 34/36 D/DD...I really should have been in a 32F. Now, post surgery I am measuring a 32D....crazy! To give perspective there is 2 inches in cup size difference between a 32D and 36D. I guess our perception of D-cup needs to change...lol.
yeah it's funny being like "I'm NOT a D...i'm NOT that big!" who would have thought we'd be wanting smaller?! what a weird life :)

Week 5, strips off, first shower

Ahhhhhhh that felt good. I'm in normal bras by day and sports bra by night. My skin doesn't like adhesive much, so there are some red patches. All in all, things look scary to me and good to Dr. Pousti. Let the healing continue!
You look great. Your so lucky to be left with so much breast tissue. I will be absolutely thrilled if my boobs turn out to look as good as yours after my ex plant on 21 at December x

Don't go out and buy new bras all at once!

Between weeks five and six swelling continues to decrease, Steri-Strips are off, breasts are settling, and I have gone from 34D to a very happy 34C. So shop in stages. We'll continue to change.
I'm glad you're happy with this decision. You at really looking great. What would you tell someone that would like to get a breast aug.? I'm in the research phase. I'd be happy with a 34 c but was just not born with them.
Oh no! If swelling continues to go down I fear I'll be left with nothing!!
You don't have any swelling! If anything you'll have some skin retraction and it will look like you got a lift :) mine were swollen to the point of being bruised and not quite breast shaped. Don't fret!

Six weeks today

How time flies when you're post-explant!

I feel great. All pain has stopped, just a few zingers every once in a while. They're a B-C now...smaller but beautiful. Thank you all for your support!!! Please message me with questions; I'll be posting less but I'm definitely here for you ladies
You look absolutely amazing! So happy for you! I want my fun bags out too! I hate them they are horrible. I hope I get the same result as you have. I have to wait until I have my baby then six another six months after that to get an explant. Please go to my "not worth it" blog on my implants to see if you think I will have a great out come. I have 450 cc under the muscle with a lift. Im about a DD. I really hope I get your results!
Merry Christmas!! Xx
You look great!!! I prefer the post explant look, really cute and natural

2.75 months post

Happy new year ladies! I'm so happy with my explant. At one Christmas gathering I got a lot of compliments about how i'd lost so much weight. I felt a little guilty but was happy to look better ;) at the other gathering no one noticed (or at least no one commented)... I have started and already failed my attempt at 30 minutes exercise every day...failed after day 2 as usual. However, I have re-started my daily meditation practice, which I hope to do for a year straight. It feels amazing.. It also reminds me I need to treat my body better...as I see these photos and can no longer use the "curvy" excuse, I really am not liking myself physically right now. So I'm asking you ladies for some happy vibes, and encouragement. Thank you in advance; it's wonderful to know you're here for me. Without further ado, the 3 month pix :)
Thank you for keeping up with the posts and pictures. We are on the same journey of radical acceptance! Have you listened to Brene Brown' s TED talks? They are about the power of vulnerability. You are beautiful :-)
I'm working through Brene browns Gift of Imperfection. The authenticity is actually what made me want the explant. I never thought of using the net to find more from her...thanks for the tip on the TED talks...I didn't know about it
Visit www.brenebrown.com :-) Her TEDtalks are very good! That is so cool that you are meditating!! I love Tara Brach's books on psychology and meditation- True Refuge and Radical Acceptance. ((HUGS))

3 months

Time goes so much faster on the other side! Here are my 3 month pix. I've been trying to keep up with you ladies that explantes around the time I did, and you new ladies whose reviews come to my inbox. I am happy to say I'm still an example of excellent results. To remind you, I had ~350 cc unders removed after 9 years. I gained about 40 lbs. I had a Benelli lift and don't regret it, but likely could have gotten away without it. Scars from the Benelli are much more obvious in person; I can't get a good pic of them, but they almost look like braids around my NAC. My breasts are JUST starting to feel normal--no more pain on the bottom and I can now shake them from side to side. They are a little more solid than the jellyness they felt like. The scar tissue under the incision is still hard, and my nipple itself is still interpreting signals wrong...sometimes I feel nothing, sometimes I feel intense pain, and I'm on the verge of feeling pleasure again. The breast shape is amazing. I love how they have dropped. I feel like they're the teardrop shape I always wanted. Very sexy! Take care.
Eeek my surgery is in two days I could use some encouragement!
Finally!!! Omg you're gonna be soooo happy! Any nervousness you have will disappear. You're going to feel amazing in ways you didn't even realize
You look amazing! Thank you for updating your pictures:-)

For toocomplicated

When I find myself "missing" my implants, I pull up this picture to remind myself reality is not as rosy as my memory. I am SO GLAD to be smaller. It has changed me in more positive ways than just physical. I couldn't be happier.

Reality then

This is the photo

5 mo post

Very little change except scar decreases and sensation increases
I love your stripped dress! Large breasts weren't really what I thought they would be, smaller makes everyone look so much younger and vibrant!
You look amazing. I've been trying to decide if I want a lift or not so this really helped. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome. You don't look like you need a lift. If you can be patient and see how your skin retracts, you will have less pain, less scarring and less scar tissue. I wasn't patient. I don't regret the lift, but I was probably borderline on "needing" it
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pousti is great. He put my implants in 9 years ago and I was completely happy. There was nothing wrong with them, I was just ready to have them out--a testament to what a good surgeon he is. No capsular contracture, no nothing. He is professional while being kind and caring. He listens. He is board certified. I have and do recommend him to anyone, and am happy to talk more with anyone about choosing him and his staff.