My Experience So Far with Dr. Pousti - San Diego, CA

I got breast augmentation in February of 2011,...

I got breast augmentation in February of 2011, it's been almost 2 years! I'm overall happy with my decision and size, although sometimes I worry about if both sides have settled in their pockets evenly and symmetrically...I am extremely happy with my choice to get silicone over saline (thank you Dr. Pousti).

The only thing that really bothers me is the incision scars around my areolae, especially one side where the incision never closed (scabbed over instead) and then formed thick, noticeable scar tissue :( The skin under/around both of my incisions has formed a darkened pigmentation that I feel is very noticeable also.

Dr. Pousti told me at my last appointment that he can perform an in-office scar revision procedure to remove the incision scars, scar tissue, and well as some of the darkened skin around the scars, all while keeping both areolae looking symmetric!

My scar revision procedure is coming up in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to update my story after I heal from that :)

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I found out about Dr. Pousti in 2010 from reading online reviews.

Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Have you scarred easily in the past?

I hope the scar revision procedure helps you feel good about your outcome. Please do keep us posted!

I didn't consider myself to scar easily before my procedure, but maybe I do compared to others...? Thank you very much! And will do :)