Botox for Masseter and Chin Area - San Diego, CA

Previously, I have had botox for the...

Previously, I have had botox for the glabella/forehead area before. But I also was bothered by the "golf ball chin" and my wider jaw. I actually found him from the realself website where he wrote a response about botox being used for the jaw/chin. I decided to try it and he did a great job! Everyone is different but for my case, I needed about 15 units of botox for each side of my jaw and I think 10 units in my chin. It made my face look a lot slimmer, and my chin didn't protrude as much. It can take several visits (again everyone is different), but after a year, I really am happy with the results. Picking the right doctor for this kind of procedure is very important because it's not as common as botox to the forehead or eye area. Dr. Chen has a great understanding of anatomy and knows exactly where to inject (very important because there are side effect if it's done incorrectly including drooping of the mouth/lip). There's almost an element of art to it, as the procedure does change your face shape/appearance. Overall, it was painless and worth the results. I highly recommend going to Dr. Chen, he is the best!

Thanks for sharing.  I like your advice about how it can take a year to see results, I know a lot of people are often discouraged after they do not see more immediate results.

San Diego Dermatologist

Dr. Chen is an excellent, super professional, and very kind doctor who will put you at ease by answering all of your questions, explaining your options, and then letting you decide what is best for you. His personality is really kind and not superficial (which is hard to find in this field.) He doesn't push unnecessary products or services, but always let's you decide what to do. And even if I'm not a doctor myself, I also do appreciate how he is very patient and walks me through all my questions about the procedure. I was really nervous, but after going to Dr. Chen, I can say you are truly in the best hands. He is knowledgable and just looking at his credentials, he is one of the smartest doctors out there (but he is very humble and you wouldn't know about his accomplishments in medicine unless you looked it up) but the reason I choose him over other doctors is I know he is honest, reliable and really wants to help his patients with their goals. Hope this helps for those of you researching, thanks! :-)