Problems with Implants Until I Found the Right Surgeon for Reconstruction - San Diego, CA

Hi Everyone!! I just wanted to let everyone...

Hi Everyone!!

I just wanted to let everyone out there know what a brilliant doctor Dr. P is. I am sure I had probably one of the most difficult problems any doctor who does plastic surgery has ever encountered.

My problems started when I had my initial implants done in 1997. They looked great but I soon developed a problem with encapsulation on my left side. Within a year or so I became pregnant and my surgeon didn't want to do anything extreme because of the pregnancy so his plan was to temporarily remove the implant until after I delivered my daughter. Unfortunately in the intervening time, he suffered a massive heart attack and died.

Here is where my problems began. I sought the advice of my family doctor and was referred to a general plastic surgeon in our area. I am sure she thought he would easily replace the implant that had been removed and what could really go wrong from there? The answer? Everything! From day one after the surgery, I complained that the implant felt like it was "falling". I saw the doctor several time after the surgery with the same complaint but he never paid much attention to my concerns and retired shortly thereafter. A few months later, I noticed what I could only describe as a scab on the underside of my breast that had the implant replaced. I had no idea what it was. I went to my GP who again referred me to another local plastic surgeon. He saw me immediately and upon examination told me that the implant was quite literally "falling out" of the skin and would have to be removed right away. Time was required to heal the damage before I could have the implant replaced and was left with one side much larger then the other for several months. Because of the considerable scar tissue that I now had, after the implant was replaced I was left with a enormous dent on the underside of my left breast. The local plastic surgeon who did my surgery said he was pleased with the results, and although not perfect, he was not comfortable doing further surgery himself to improve the general contour.

After searching the internet, I found another plastic surgeon a few hours away from where we lived. He looked very promising as he did a lot of reconstruction work on other women and I had my fingers crossed. Three surgeries later with him and and I was still left with a deformed breast and him at a loss about what more he could do for me.

Many, many more hours of research later on the internet we found Dr. P. We read hours worth of testimonials from his patients and his website provided many pictures of every type of surgery he performed. I think what impressed us the most is that not every result was perfect but every patient praised the fact that Dr. P had been very honest with what he thought he could do for them. I called his office and requested a consultation. His reception staff were exceptional and we booked our flights to see him.

We first met with Dr. P in December 2008. What can I say? His entire staff was fabulous and he was just as great. He reviewed my problem and was very patient answering all the questions my husband and I had. He never said that he could make me look perfect but definately said he could improve the look and contour of my breast significantly and assured me that I would be very happy with the results. I also wanted to increase my implant size but had been told by two previous surgeons that this would not be a wise idea. Dr. P assured me he could perform the reconstruction and also increase my breasts to the size I wanted. I booked my surgery for March 2009.

After careful consideration with Dr. P, we decided to break the procedure into two stages. Because of the distance we had to travel, my husband and I really wanted to do everything in one surgery but decided that doctor knew best and took Dr. P's advice. In March he repaired my "dent" and did a lift. We flew home and gave the first surgery time to heal and returned approximately 7 months later to have the implants replaced from the current 500 ccs to 1200 ccs. You can see from the pictures that the results are phenomenal. I am now about two weeks post op and am loving my new breasts!!! The pictures really do not do them justice. He seemed to be able to do what no one else would even attempt.

After both surgeries, Daisy and Vanessa followed up every day or two to see how I was doing and if I had any questions or concerns about the procedures.

All and all, both my husband and I are thrilled with the outcome and considering the distance we had to travel, we still think it worth every mile. Dr. P and his staff met and exceeded our expectations. They are all wonderful people and Dr. P is very friendly and genuine in his concern for the well being of his patients. Because my problem seemed to be so rare, it was important to seek the best possible plastic surgeon out there and we have not a doubt that we found him. We think that you would be hard pressed to find anyone better and who also had a staff to match. If you are like my husband and I, you will research and read testimonials until you are sick to death of reading "what a great surgeon Dr. P is and what a great staff he has" but every word of it is true. Again, he doesn't promise perfection all the time but you can trust that he will do what he promises and have your needs and desires in mind.

Thanks to everyone! You made a very difficult time much easier to deal with. I don't know what else to say other than if you are looking for a plastic surgeon with superior skills, your search can end here. You have found the best there is.

Friend from Canada

Since my surgery I have not a single problem and...

Since my surgery I have not a single problem and the scars are so minimal. For me, he was nothing short of a miracle worker. In fact, I am even going for a return visit. This actually does say a lot since we live in Canada and Dr. P is in San Diego but the trip to see him is definately worth the travel. My initial problem was unique with extensive reconstruction required but the results are gorgeous.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. is a great surgeon who will give you great results. He is patient and answers all your questions and you are provided with the very best of care.

Your comments surely illustrate you have chosen well; in both your moniker and your results.

Taking the time to research and choose your caregivers wisely allows you to have the best possible outcome. I am so pleased for you! Your words are an inspiration.  We would all enjoy hearing from you.

Dr. Pousti really is the best surgeon there is. I can't say enough positive things about both he and his staff. They really are second to none and the fact that he is an extremely talented surgeon made the whole experience completely worth it.

Dear HappyCan,

Haven't heard from you in a while and wanted to say hello.

Please stop in and let us know how you are.

Stay well and in touch,

Beverly

Hi Beverly,

Still doing very well. I am still loving the outcome from my surgeries with Dr. Pousti. Considering the other doctors and surgeries I suffered through, I am so glad that I decided to try one more time. I would love to go back and see the doctor again for another procedure when the time comes. He is the best there is. He is very honest and caring and his staff are second to none.
I am so happy for you!!
What an ordeal to go through.
I have had 3 augmentation procedures myself.
I do not see any photos attached?
I haven't added any photos yet although one of these days I will. Trust me, my results are amazing. Dr. Pousti in the best plastic surgeon there is. Honestly, when I first met with him, I was not hopeful at all in what he may be able to do. Now, other than a few faint scars, they look better than perfect. Everyone on his staff is superb as well. After your first visit, they make you feel like they have known you for years. It really just makes the whole experience amazing. You never mentioned, did you have reconstruction work completed?