25 Year Old, Just Got a Breast Reduction Yesterday - San Diego, CA

Around the age of 11, I started developing...

Around the age of 11, I started developing extremely large breasts (DDD cup). It was as if I sprouted breasts overnight in middle school that were both disproportionately large, burdensome and prematurely saggy. I've spent many, MANY years cleverly downplaying the size of my breasts. I remember waiting until all the other girls finished changing in the gym locker room to undress. Up until the age of 25 (current), I concealed them from sexual partners; I always wore a bra in the bedroom to hide them. This sort of shame can be crippling, both physically and mentally.

In college, I applied for a breast reduction surgery with a surgeon back in Maryland, but was turned down the week before my surgery date by insurance (after waiting six months for a response)! Even though I had shoulder strap indentations, back pain, rashes and quite obviously oversized breasts, the surgery was deemed "cosmetic." This was a crushing blow, and it felt unfair. I resigned myself at this point to having these embarrassing breasts for life.

I took up a running regime last Fall, and as you might imagine, sprints and distance runs were an exceptional pain with large breasts. I wore two sports bras and still felt encumbered. It was during this time that I met the love of my life in December of 2013. As the months proceeded, I resented the fact that I felt I needed to hide such an intimate part of myself from the man of my dreams. Finding it no longer possible to hide this insecurity from him (turning off the lights, wearing bras in bed), I came clean about how humiliating I found my breasts. I was relieved when he agreed that there was no reason to spend anymore of my life burdened or embarrassed by my body.
Congratulations on what sound like a successful surgery! I am also 25 and very luck to have a supportive fiance who is helping me pay for my surgery as well. Bless those men!! All the best with your recovery! Would love to see some updates from you!!
Thank you so much! I will be sure to update with photos and updates in the coming weeks. I was so relieved when my boyfriend offered to pay for the surgery. It has been a long time coming!

1 Week Post Op -- unveiling (photos to come) - FANTASTIC

Today was completely wonderful because I was able to look at my breasts for the first time since the operation. I've been heavily bandaged and a bit nervous to finally see what hid beneath the oh-so comely surgical bra, ample dressings and tape. As i'm sure I need not tell any of you, it's nerve-racking to have any form of plastic surgery because there are so many horror stories on the internet about butchered procedures performed by hasty or amateur plastic surgeons.
THANKFULLY, this was not my story at all.
I recently moved to the San Diego area with no inkling of how fortunate I was to be in such close proximity to my plastic surgeon, Dr. Pousti. As I've read more plastic surgery reviews on this website (amusingly, only after the operation), I've realized how sought after Pousti is in the country. Initially, his name just happened to fall into my lap when I queried a google search for "plastic surgeons" since he's within a 30 mile radius. I love SoCal.
So, after Daisy (perhaps the sweetest nurse ever) removed the drains (by the way: this was completely pain-free with anesthetic), I was able to finally look at them.
Even swollen and quite obviously in need of some healing, I will most emphatically stress that for the first time in my life, I love my boobs. I stood in front of the mirror and did a total jaw-drop. Ladies, hear this: I really feel like Dr. Pousti did impeccable work. On the first day of our consult, he said he'd "take good care of [me]," and I am not disappointed. He gave me exactly what I wanted. I wanted C cups, not too big, not too small, and he delivered.
Thank you thank you thank you!
I think loving your breasts is critical-- this is something I denied for most of my life. You can't just love parts of you while attempting to forget the rest. Loving yourself should be like falling in love. You can't fractionalize; you must love yourself completely. I feel like I finally do.
Other news: after only a week, I don't rollerball my shoulders forward or hunch. If I do, it's habit, not out of gravitational necessity. Freedom!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I easily found Dr. Pousti on a Google search when I moved to San Diego in March. His glowing accolades from hundreds of satisfied patients spoke for themselves. I think what I've been most impressed by thus far is Dr. Pousti's kind, genuine manner. When I had my consultation, he sat with me for a long while (far longer than any doctor i've ever known), and discussed my career (teaching) and my passion (writing). He even asked me to send him a short story, which (fear not, Pousti) is in the works. At no point did he seem gimmicky or disingenuous. He's remarkably grounded for a plastic surgeon working in SoCal! He is a gem. I'll admit, it was a trifle embarrassing to stand without a bra in front of him and his staff (as it would feel for anyone) while he took measurements/did drawings, but all the while he told me I was beautiful. As I write this, I'm one day post-surgery. I have drains and my breasts are extremely sore. I'm a little groggy from the narcotics, and sleeping in an upright position was pretty uncomfortable. However, Dr. Pousti and his staff have already phoned me several times to check up on my recovery. The anesthesiologist and nurses at the Surgery Center were all extremely kind and attentive. Though I'm heavily bandaged, I'm confident in Dr. Pousti and look forward-- okay, i'm ECSTATIC-- to see the results in coming months. I am so ready to be free!