Time for an Upgrade! - San Diego, CA

My 1st breast augmentation surgery was performed...

My 1st breast augmentation surgery was performed overseas 25 years ago! I had silicone implants positioned over the muscle. I developed capsular contracture and for that reason, together with the age of the implants, felt that it was time for revision surgery. I did so much research on the subject, I felt like I had earned a degree on the subject! Armed with this knowledge, I narrowed down my choice of surgeons to 3. Due to the amount of experience Dr Pousti had in revision surgery, together with the glowing reviews about his personal demeanor, skill and professionalism, Dr Pousti was hard to fault and in the end, I made only one consult appoint with Dr P and that meeting was enough to make me comfortable enough to go ahead with the surgery. I am now 12 months post op and am so happy with my results. I was terrified that the end result would be bigger than I wanted, but he was exactly spot on with my desired size. I drove 6 hours for each appointment to see Dr Pousti but it was definitely worth it. He is such a caring, gentle doctor and must admit that you can’t help but fall a little bit in love with him. Hopefully I won’t develop capsular contracture again but I know if I do, I’ll be back to see Dr P for any future surgeries. Thank you to all at Pousti Plastic Surgery for your expertise and professionalism always!

Losangeles, that is great to hear that everything went so well. I also read much praise about Dr. Pousti when I was researching. Actually, only good things. I may look to him in the future when it is time for another round of surgery. I looked at tons of his pics mostly bc he does many larger implants and a great job I must say. It's hard to find pics like that, most docs want to show only the modest "natural" sizes, it would be nice if they showed a variety of situations and sizes.

Most women I know that get augmentations get the bigger implants even though I always hear doctors saying they don't really like to go too big. I don't know too many that get less than 400ccs (what's the point unless its for reconstruction?). I used to call my original (450cc)implants little hockey pucks lol. That's amazing that you went 25 years before you needed a revision! Usually you hear 10-15 years, myself I went 10 yrs the first set. So did you change size at all?
San Diego Plastic Surgeon