My Ulthera + Fillers Experience - San Antonio, TX

What I did: Ulthera/Sculptra and Botox. My...

What I did: Ulthera/Sculptra and Botox.

My goals: I had lost a lot of weight and was very gaunt looking in the face. I'd lost all my youthful volume, my cheeks were sagging, jowls were appearing and I looked tired all the time. I wanted to look refreshed, get a lift in the brow/cheek area and get that look I had when I was younger.

This was incredible! The result is amazing. This is the first day and I'm swollen still and the true results won't be seen for awhile, but the initial effect is dramatic for me. Half way through the procedure, Dr. K showed me my face. You could see the lifted brow and cheek area. All I could say was wow.

Does the procedure hurt? Of course it does. I didn't find it horrible but I'm glad they used local anesthetic. Mostly I noticed heat and it was painful near the bone. However it was not that bad overall. I'm a little achy now but no sharp pain or anything like that.

Sculptra was next and there is some numbing agent in the solution that was prepared. After the first few pricks of the needle you really don't feel it much. Odd sensation feeling the solution going in. I was definitely swollen and I know the initial fullness will go away; but have a good idea of what it can do. Over time like the Ulthera, collagen should increase. My face is fuller, more oval like it used to be.

Botox - okay, I hate needles and I found this more annoying than anything else we did today. LOL

I've read a lot of the reviews on these procedures and I think you will get a better experience if you go to a Plastic Surgeon. I am guessing a well trained dermatologist would be good too. Personally I looked for board certification, local reviews on the doctor and his practice. Level of education and bedside manner were all important factors for me. I feel like I found the best choice. Dr. K is personable and his staff is very friendly and caring.

I'll update with ongoing results.

I had my one month follow up. I certainly see...

I had my one month follow up. I certainly see differences in my appearance and continue to get nice compliments from those who know me.

It is pretty cool to see my jawline definition coming back, my eyes appear more open, I have cheeks again and overall look like I did years ago. I feel good about the changes in my appearance. I go back in 2 months at the 90 day mark. By then I should see the "final" result. I still feel twinges in my skin and I know the collagen is being rebuilt.

This has been a very positive experience for me. My advice to others is make sure you pick a doctor who knows what he/she is doing. Ask questions about the positives and negatives. Dr. Koneru answered my questions and never used a hyped up sales pitch. I had a very good idea of what I could expect well before I went in for the procedure. I also googled the procedure and the doctor. I highly recommend this procedure if you do your homework.

If you live in San Antonio, TX or near enough Dr. Koneru is an excellent doctor. He is upfront and will take good care of you.

I'll give an update again but at one month out; I'm extremely satisfied.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

It's unusual I'll rate any doctor or facility five stars across the board; but they deserve the rating. The doctor is excellent and spent a lot of time with me; during the initial consult explaining my options, during the procedure they let me know what was going on, were very attentive to my body language and I felt confident that I had picked the right doctor and was doing something good for myself.

I will be curious to know how long your effects last. I will almost want to fly anywhere to make sure I have the right person!

wish i could see b4 and aft pics!!

xoxox

Hi Kattigrr,

Welcome to the Ulthera community! Yay, so happy this worked out for you. It's been a few days since you posted your review, are you still swollen? If needed will you go again in the future since you had such a positive experience? We would love to see pictures if you are comfortable. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

I was swollen quite a bit for a few days but it's all gone now. I am tender in areas and had one small bruise on my left cheek (Sculptra injection). I've noticed some subtle changes and I'm looking forward to seeing the results in the next couple of months. I go in on 5/17 for my 30 day follow up.

I may consider posting when I get closer to the end result.

If the improvements last longer term and I was still a good candidate then I would repeat it. Non-invasive is definitely attractive to me. I'm still in awe of the technology. Now it's a waiting game to see how much improvement I get. I'm already seeing some subtle changes and that is very encouraging.

Thanks for the added info Katti. Please let us know how the 30 day checkup goes. I'm glad you are not as swollen anymore. Keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

"This was incredible! The result is amazing. This is the first day and I'm swollen still and the true results won't be seen for awhile, but the initial effect is dramatic for me." Hopefully your long term results will be great, but the initial results are just temporary swelling and thus meaningless.The makers of Ulthera are up-front about this.
Thanks for the post! Glad to hear all is going well, I am looking forward to seeing you next month and checking out the results.