I Am Beginning my Journey to a New Body, New Life! - San Antonio, TX

I have been on this site every day watching some...

I have been on this site every day watching some of you change to beautiful bodies. Let me tell you a little bit about my self. I am 5.3" my starting weight (2 months ago) was 206lb (yeah I know pretty heavy) I have 4 kids, a 7 yr old, a 5 yr old and twins 4 yrs old. Before I had my kids I was never a very thin person but I was between 150-160 lbs and I felt great. Well fast forward 7 years, here I am. I have been on weight watchers since july 15, 2013 and today is my weigh in (tuesdasy) I weigh 189.5 that's what?? 16.5 lbs lost so far. I feel great. I want to have a tummy tuck in April of 2013. My goal weight before surgery I want to be 150lbs and my ultimate goal weight is 135-140 lbs. If I work hard at it I know I can go down to maybe 145 lb pre-op.. Right now I wear a size 12 in pants and they feel very comfortable if not loose. I am hoping I can go down to a size 9 pre-op and ultimately maybe a 7 post op..... Well hopes, hopes hopes... dreams, dreams, dreams..... enough of that. from now on is GOALS, GOALS, GOALS MET, GOALS REACHED.... whats hopes and dreams if we don't work at it to make them our goals and meet them right? I am working out at least 4 times a week, at home I do step aerobics, pilates-yoga. zumba. at the gym I do 60 minutes of the elliptical. I will soon be posting some pictures of me, when I first started and during and ultimately when I meet my goal....... wish me luck god knows I need it :)

Shopping for Plastic Surgeons!!!

Hey all, I have been shopping for plastic surgeons. I want to compare you know :) I have read awesome awesome reviews about Dr. Koneru in San Antonio. I live in Austin but I am definetly willing to take a drive to San Antonio and check him out. I also read that if you mention you found him on this site realself.com which I did you get a 5% off your surgery. That's awesome. I spoke to his receptionist this week and I told her how much I weigh and she recommend I am as close to my goal weight as I can so I can get better results, she recommended I go to my first office visit in December if I am planning on having my surgery in april. I have found a couple other surgeons in Austin and Round Rock, but so far my #1 choice is Dr.. Koneru, I won't be sure until I actually meet him, you know to see if I feel right and if I feel that he will be my dr. I will post some before (at 206lbs) and now pictures ( at 189) soon.

Before and during pictures

My pictures on the left is when I first started my journey, I was 206 lbs that picture was taken on 07/15/13 and the pictures to the left were taken when I was 16 lbs lighter last week at 190 lbs. I have another 40-50 lbs to loose, my goal weight is between 140 lbs to 150 lbs

I got some yucky pics for ya'll.

I still doing weight watchers and working out every day. I do zumba and step aerobics. I am down to 185 lbs. i want to be at at least 155 lbs when i go to my first visit with the plastic surgeon. Im hoping by January. Here is some yucky pics of my stomach as of today

I am 7 days post op and I went to Dr. Schaner in San Antonio! He is awesome!!! He visits with you each time you visit his office, not a consultant and that is the main reason I went to him. I go for my 1 week post-op appointment tomorrow and hopefully get my drain tubes out. I am 5"1 and weighed 180lbs on the day of my surgery. Good luck to you.
Hey there girl, NO MORE negative talk. You are doing great, keep up the good work, you'll be there before you know it. I think you are lovely, and can surely see that you will have a wonderful transformation. I began my journey yesterday with a breast reduction...so far, so good. No complications, not too much pain. Hang I there and STAY POSITIVE
Hey! I also live in San Antonio. I went to Dr. Ortegon. He is off 151 at Westover Hills. I have had a wonderful experience with him so far. I am 9 months post op and love the results. He has been great post op as well as pre.
Hey there, I live in San Antonio, and I am getting a breast reduction by Dr Robert Young on Monday, 14 Oct. So far, I have been thoroughly impressed with Dr Young's office and staff. He is somewhat quiet/soft spoken, but nice. He has an impressive background (website-Aesthetic Enhancement of San Antonio). He was Chief of Plastic Surgery at BAMC and has a lot of experience. MOST of his staff has been with him over 10 years and are really nice. If all goes well, I TOO am working on losing weight and following the breast reduction with a TT after I heal. Will keep ya posted.
Thank you :) its hard but Its possible I still have at least 30 lbs to go before my tummy tuck and maybe another 20lbs after.
Good luck hon.... you can do it! :-)
Thanks for the support :) Its so nice to know that there is other people than my family supporting me.
You can do it!! I was feeling the same way prior to my journey. I am the same height as you. My journey started with breast reduction and now I am on the path towards a tummy tuck.
Oh really? I had a breast reduction when I was 19 about 14 years ago and I can't remember what size I was but I was pretty big, 40+ and cup size bigger than a dd for sure.. after my breast reduction I got down to a 38 c and yes it does make you look thinner. I was about 150 lbs then. Well let me tell you, after 4 kids my boobs grew again, when I first started my journey I was wearing a size 40D or 38 DD and It fit me a little tight, now that I have lost 16 lbs I my 38dd fits me pretty good and actually a little big. I hope I can go back down to a 38 c.. cuter bras lol...

Welcome to the community.  Oh girlie you keep up the great work with the weight loss.  You can do this and will be glad in the end.  The closer you can get to that goal prior to surgery the better.  Your final results will be amazing.

I am very excited for you.

Thanks so much for the inspiration, you guys are great
Best wishes to you all!!! I am 2mos post op... so far I am ok no pain but ready for the final contouring to take effect ;0)
yeah, I heard it takes up to a year to get your final results.. Im kind of nervous about the pain and all that swelling. I also heard the drains are a pain and specially when you have them taken out.
I don't recall a lot of pain but I have a high tolerance level. Now the swelling SUCKS and when the tubes come out it is a quick pain!
I am planning to have mine done in San Antonio. I live in between Lubbock and Abilene,TX. I would like to go to a big city to have a tummy tuck done. Can you recommend me a doctor in SA? Thanks!!
Yeah. well I have not gone to see any doctors yet BUT I have read really awesome reviews about DR Koneru. he is in San Antonio., I live in Austin but I am definetly willing to drive out there to check him out and maybe even have my surgery there. I called his office and his receptionist said that if I am planning on having my tummy tuck in April, I should go for my first visit with him in December. Hopefully by then I am closer to my goal weight. I also read on his website that if you mention you found him on realself.com you get a 5% discount on the surgery. This is his website. http://www.drkoneru.com/
Our stories are similar. I am hoping for tummy tuck in April as well. Sounds like you are well on your way. Good luck and remember... The only difference between a dream and a goal is a timeline!
That is sooo true, Its hard with kids and going to school to find time to work out but that is also my motivation. I can not wait till april I hope it goes by so fast for us :)
Hey there San Antonio lady, I live here too! I am having a breast reduction on Monday (14 Oct 2013). I TOO am working on losing weight and changing my body/life. I want...check, NEED to lose more weight before the TT. I think the reduction will help me to MOVE more easily and get some weight off. I currently weigh 223, and I'm 5'5", on a med-lg frame. Will see how well I do on the breast reduction and healing, but plan to have the TT 6 months to a year later. Want to be as "ready" as I can. Most on Real Self suggest getting within 15-20 pounds of your goal weight before surgery, that's the guideline I've been following. Most important thing, they say, is to be mentally ready. The healing and swelling can take awhile to settle down, so be prepared to be patient. Good luck, HappySuzy in San Antonio.
I actually live in Austin but I am planning on having my surgery in San Antonio with DR Koneru. Oh wow,, on Monday that is just a few days away. I had a breast reduction 14 years ago when I was 19. Its awesome. I felt so much better after they took all that extra weight off. You will look awesome. What size are you planning on reducing to? Good luck girlie, I will be praying for you so everything goes well.. keep me posted
I'm 40 DD/DDD (one is bigger than the other, UGGH). I'm hoping for a 40 C. Thanks for the well wishes, getting nervous. I posted up above regarding my doctor, just for your info.
Good luck! There are many women here with stories similar to yours! And they have very nice results!
Have you seen knt8873's story?
no I haven't how do I find her?
I think u can put it in the search. Or you can prob find her in my comments. I'll also let her know ur username and see if shed contact u here.