Rhinoplasty/ Septoplasty - San Antonio, TX

I was always self conscious about my nose. I had...

I was always self conscious about my nose. I had the hump and or hooked nose, not too witch-y like but Yes... since an early age, I wouldn't engage in conversations with people looking at my profile angle, nor would I allow myself to take photos because of my insecurities. I missed out in a lot of family pictures and moments because of the gloominess that shadowed over me. I knew that my nose wasn't the worst ever but I didn't feel comfortable nor did I feel pretty. It wasn't up until this year, on Mother's Day. ..Yes!!.. that a baseball accident left me even more scarred. I was told that it was a minor injury and none-the-less my nose stated otherwise. Comments were sent my way and that was that... I made my decision,... if it hadn't been for the baseball smacking me straight on my nose I wouldn't have had my Rhinoplasty / Septoplasty. I took it as a sign. I could have moped around about the whole incident but I made the best of it and researched on my long awaited mission... My stated "Manu" GinĂ³bili" (S.A. Spurs player) nose would be forever gone... No offense Manu'. Only you can pull it off :)

My initial consultation with Dr. Barrera was on Friday, June 13, 2014. I walked in with prior research on who he was, information, credentials, etc.. I was set. I gave him my opinion and my goal. He was very polite, educated and well informed.. we reviewed the possibilities. Convinced, I was slotted in for his next availability.. the following Monday, June16,2014. It was quick set- up but I entrusted in him. My outer splint fell off a day prior to my post-op appointment but it was not a big deal. I would meet with him on the 23rd for the other splint removals. OMG, that was a relief. I could breath again! The worst part of the whole surgery was the nuisance that the damn splits caused. The pain was evident because there was an obvious operation.. but it was controlled. However, yes.. those damn inner splints and all that congestion was the worst part for me.
With a full week, plus some days into recovery and no splints... I am breathing and trying to get comfortable with myself. The outcome is good. I feel that my appearance is more feminine and refined. "We" are our worst critics!! and so there is still evident swelling that has to subside. With that being said.. I will get back to you.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm sorry you got smacked in the face by a baseball, but glad you are through this surgery and on the other side. I'll be checking back for your updates!
I am glad your surgery was a success. Yes, I remember the discomfort I had with the splnts. I felt like a human again when they came off. Congrats! I look forward to reading your updates and if you feel comfortable please post some pictures. Thanks.