Be Careful - Not Everyone is a Good Candidate but They Will Sell It to You Anyway - San Antonio, TX

I was excited about the possibility of looking...

I was excited about the possibility of looking younger so I made the appointment and the sales rep was convincing so I signed up and the doctor made it sound like a piece of cake. I signed up for two procedures the laser resurfacing and the lift.

The day of the procedure I showed up and I was taken back to a relaxation room. No meds were given just low lighting and music playing. Finally it was time to start and they gave me oral meds and took me back to the procedure room. They didn't give the meds a chance to kick in and started draping me and they were ready to begin. I was nervous because the meds hadn't kicked in and in walked the doctor with the syringe and started injecting me all around my face. I panicked and told the doctor to wait. He had the nurse/technician to give me more meds and said he would be back. I tried deep breathing and relaxing all the while the nurse/technician was going on and on about how dangerous it would be to perform the procedure while my blood pressure was spiking. Yes this is exactly how you calm a patient down, great technique Kat!

The doctor returned and started again and I still didn't feel the meds yet and my blood pressure spiked again. The doctor made the call not to do the lift and just do the laser. The meds didn't take effect until we were almost done and I felt every zap of the laser and yes it hurt. I was so disappointed! I left and returned the next day and expressed my disappointment and Paula said not to worry just go to my regular doctor and get a release and come back. So I did. My doctor put me on blood pressure meds and I called back and we rescheduled for a month later.

The next visit I insisted they let me take the relaxation meds as soon as I got there and they kicked in before they took me in to start the procedure. I was relaxed and even dozed off during the lift. When it was all done I went home and returned the next day. Everything appeared to be going ok except the wrap for my head was so tight it was choking me and wouldn't let me sleep. I followed all of the directions but the bleeding wouldn’t stop, it was oozing out from behind my ears. I called Paula and got her voicemail and left a message. I waited and waited and the next day I called the main number and they explained Paula had a personal emergency and was not available. Great, you run a medical clinic and don’t cover the messages when someone is out and patients are calling in saying they can’t get the bleeding to stop. I continued following the directions and the blood kept oozing whenever I would lay down or turn my head. A few days before my final follow up the bleeding finally stopped.

When I saw the doctor he made a face and asked if I was happy and I said not really and he reached over and lightly pinched the double chin that I still had. He offered to re-do it if I would travel to Houston to see him at his private practice. I would have to cover the cost of having someone go with me and rent the hotel room and stay for at least 2 days. I paid $8000 and I didn’t think this was right. I called the office and they took my information and promised to get back with me soon. A couple of weeks passed and I called back and they didn’t have an answer for me. They also mentioned I could travel to Houston to see the original doctor and I said no. They offered to have another San Antonio doctor see me for a consultation and I agreed.

Next I saw Dr. Taylor and he agreed I still had the double chin and he added I was not a good candidate for the procedure because my chin was too short. Three months after my procedure this doctor tells me I never should have had it done, great! He said he would turn in a report to the corporate office and they would get back to me. This was on January 2, 2013 and today is February 15, 2013 and no one ever called me back.

You need to protect yourself, get a second opinion and outright ask the doctor if you are a good candidate for the procedure. My money is spent, I still have a double chin and I am not satisfied. Most disappointing is this group is friendly and in touch until they get your money afterwards you are lucky if you get them to return calls or care for you. The laser resurfacing was a good deal the lift was not. Beware! I wonder if they will ever call me back and make this right?

Dr. Smith

TV commercial

Thank you for sharing your experience. After reading the good and bad reviews - I've reconsidered having any type of surgical change to my face. When reading the reviews it seems to me as if there is a 50/50 chance of the results being undesirable and devastating. I wish the best to everyone who had a bad experience and I'm happy for those who had a good experience.

I'm sorry to hear about your unsatisfying experience, but thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf. Have you spoken the LSL reps and have they offered to make this right for you?

Yes I have contacted them and we keep missing each other on returning calls. I left messages that they need to call me outside of my work hours. I call back on my lunch and they are not available to speak to me then. Josh left me a mesage to schedule my re-do. I called him back to explain I am scared to redo because the second doctor says I am not a good candidate and I am waiting to hear back from him on that.
Hi saneron. I’m Latania from Lifestyle Lift‘s Patient Relations Group. Please contact me at (866) 739-2387 so that we can discuss your individual concerns.
I did not see this message when it came in. I just tried calling but they are closed.