Best Thing I Ever Did for Myself! - San Antonio, TX

I was referred to Dr. Lopez by several different...

I was referred to Dr. Lopez by several different people. I had already interviewed a few plastic surgeons and set my date for my procedure but was not completely sure.
I went for a consultation with Dr Lopez. His staff was very professional and friendly. The office was state of the art and pristine. Dr Lopez was so down to earth and very personable. After viewing many of his before and afters I was convinced( finally) that he was the plastic surgeon for me. I cancelled with the other Dr. And scheduled with Dr. Lopez. After 10 days of recovery, I returned to work! My clients and coworkers were astonished at how natural I look but much more youthful and rested! I have referred at least 20 people to Dr. Lopez for cosmetic surgery or Botox. Every single person has fallen in love with him and his work.
He was generous enough to correct an incision made by a different plastic surgeon that was scarred thick and raised. Who does that? Manuel Lopez did! I would refer him to anyone! Had 2 moles removed from my face with him as well! I wouldn't let anyone else touch my face but Dr Lopez. Best thing I ever did for myself!!!!!

Based on all these resent positive reviews of Dr. Lopez, it appears to me that Dr. Lopez is trying to improve his quality of care or repair his reputation. I find it strange that you state that Dr. Lopez was generous enough to correct an incision made by a different plastic surgeon that was scarred thick and raised. In my case in 2012 Dr. Lopez would not do anything to fix the thick, tough and inflamed scar tissue that occurred on my upper eyelids and behind my earlobes or fix the earlobe he sewed to the side of my face during the facelift and upper blepharoplasty that he performed in his office. I am having to pay other Doctors fix all of these problems. This is just another example of how Dr. Lopez doesn't treat all his patients with equal concern and care, unless he is truly trying to improve his quality of care.
I'm sorry if you feel you had a bad experience. I find it strange that Dr. Lopez would not try to work with you on trying to make you happy. He is soooo particular about his work. I was so amazed at how my inscisions on my face only days after surgery were practically invisible , I showed him a scar from a breast reduction done earlier last year that bothered me because it was in my cleavage and showed in certain clothes and asked if he could fix it. He took a look at it and agreed to redo it. ( Even though he only does facial) I am thrilled with the results! I'm able to wear a bathing suit now and not be self conscious . He has been nothing but professional and gone above and beyond any plastic surgeon I've known( and by the way, I've had gastric by pass and had 10 procedures done with MANY plastic surgeons here in San Antonio) and Dr Lopez is the best. I have 800 clients in this city and have referred at least 20 in one years time to him and every single person has agreed from just their first meeting with him on how personable , professional and particular he is. I've not had one person say a negative thing about him. I am continuing to protect my investment by using his Rx line Obagi. Everyone has noticed how wonderful and improved my skin is and asked me what I'm doing and that is how all the referrals have come about. Ill say it again, it was the best thing I ever did for myself and Dr Lopez was most certainly the best choice!

I'm happy for you that Dr. Lopez has done right by you as a patient and a human being and that you are so pleased with your results and overall experience. It has been more than 10 months since my surgery and I'm just as puzzled and confused about the results of my surgery and Dr. Lopez's behavior towards me as you are. It may be that Dr. Lopez is such a perfectionist that he was offended when I was not pleased with the results of his work, but unfortunately for me there were many errors made and I had to voice my concerns and complaints to him in hopes to get him to correct the problems. I had to borrow the $9,195.00 from Care Credit in order to pay for this surgery. I'm not a person of wealth or privilege. I am struggling to pay off this loan and now I am looking at having to come up with over $13,000.00 for revision surgery. (Please read my full review about my Upper Bleph and Lower Face and Neck Lift on this web-site) I tried many times to reason with Dr. Lopez and try to come to some kind of resolution, but he refused to admit or acknowledge any faults in his work, therefore in his mind there was nothing to fix. All I do know is that I have been to 5 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, have been seen by 3 Ophthalmologists and 2 Dermatologist that agree that errors were made in the Upper Bleph, Facelift Surgery and the Laser Treatment. I wish I had the answer to why Dr. Lopez made the errors and especially why he treated me so cruelly when I was reaching out for help to correct these errors. The other Doctors I have seen don't understand his actions either. One thing I have noticed in all these reviews pro and con on the different web-sites is that it seems that Dr. Lopez may give some patients special care over others. I don't have any proof and it's sad to say, but it appears that patients that have wealth, prominence or connections may be the patients that get special care and treatment from him. I was a nobody to him unlike yourself that has 800 clients that you could possibly refer to him. Other positive reviews were from a fellow Doctor, a Hospital Employee, a prominent realtor, etc. The negative reviews seem to be from the lower income less connected patients. If any of my reviews or comments have made Dr. Lopez re-think about how he treats all his patients then I have achieved my goal, which is to save other patients from suffering the physical, emotional and financial loss that Dr. Lopez caused me.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon