EMatrix, OUCH! - San Antonio, TX

So I had my 1st ematrix yesterday and OMG! IT WAS...

So I had my 1st ematrix yesterday and OMG! IT WAS SO PAINFUL! Like more painful than childbirth! I was not offered and numbing cream. I have had 3 fraxel treatments (with numbing cream) and that was a walk in the park compared to eMatrix. When I got home yesterday, my face was on FIRE! I had to put my husbands shop fan on my kitchen table and sit in front of that for an hour! I am guessing I had level 3 treatment with 200 pulses based on the pain level. I went in wanting the VI Peel and was talked into eMatrix instead. I made the mistake of buying 3 sessions and I KNOW I will not be back for anymore. I CANT TAKE THE PAIN!

Every review on here says eMatrix was "easy and didn't hurt at all" they must have done level 1 treatments with numbing cream. I am SO RED AND RAW today. I wish they had told me how much this would hurt. What should have taken 30 minutes took an hour because I had to constatnly stop. I couldnt stand it! IT WAS HORRIBLE! I have burned grid markers all over my face. It's too soon to see if it even helped at all. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED AND WISH I HAD NEVER HAD THIS DONE.

Today was day #7 and so far, I am liking the...

Today was day #7 and so far, I am liking the results :) My face is smoother. When I was a teen I had terrible acne on my cheeks. I decided to do ematrix on my entire face for tthe first procedure.

I had my prodedure last Thursday. The pain only lasted thru Thursday evening. I woke up Friday pain-free with my skin feeling tight and itchy but nothing unbearable. I was red and pretty raw till Saturday. I kept antibiotic ointment on my face 24/7 the first 5 days. No makeup for me!

I washed my face for the first time 24 hours after the procedure with dead sea mud soap and it did WONDERS! My face began heaing really fast when I started using it twice a day. Sunday I started peeling, not much, I really noticed the peeling when I washed my face. My face felt kind of like sandpaper. Tuesday was the first day I wore makeup, I used a BB cream and it looked really good. My face looks visibly smoother. I am happier with my face after the procedure. I am looking forward to my next treatment. I will be focusing on my cheeks on my next procedures. All of the square, or grid marks, are gone as of today. My scars are still visable, but much less noticable. I took a daily pic of my face until Tuesday. My Tuesday pic shows some redness that is completely gone as of today.

On RealSelf.com

Did the EMatrix package by a doc. in Alamo Heights who does all my Dysport and Juvederm injections. $1,600 down the toilet. At first I thought it worked, but realized quickly that my face was just swollen. My skin was so tight and my neck was tighter too for a few months after the first round. Loved it! (Total of 3 and last one on the highest setting.) The scars showed back up within a few months. Also, I've lost almost 30 pounds so the loss of fat in my cheeks makes the acne scars even more noticable. I am having better success with TCA cross done by myself and the other acids the site sells. And....it was only $55.
IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR , YA KNOW HOW THEY TELL YOU IN SIX MONTHS YOU WILL SEE A CHANGE, GUESS WHAT IT IS A LIE, NO CHANGE EXCEPT MY BANK ACCOUNT IS LOWER
Exactly! No more laser treatments for me. I've done several and they are a waste.
smart move, save the money, and the pain. because atleast we got smart and are on to their lies. Its just a shame , we want so badly to look better and the lies sound so good. I would never ever deal with American Lazer. I still have three treatments I paid for, which they will not refund, and I am not going back , just learned a very costly lesson
First and last ematrix treatment! American Laser Centers are a joke! This treatment is extremely painful. Day 2 and the pain and swelling are almost unbearable, I can't even sleep it hurts soo bad :( this is a rip off and moral of the story is, be happy with what you have! Oh yea, no refunds!!!
I went to a different facility and had the same experience. I don't think it had anything to do with the facility. I felt like I wanted to die after the stupid procedure. You are right... no refunds. Its very expensive.
AMERICAN LASER SHOULD BE SUED FOR FALSE PROMISES AND LIES, WELL ATLEAST YOU KNOW BETTER NOW AND JUST CAULK IT UP TO A LESSON LEARNED. WE NEED TO PASS THE WORD TO OTHERS SO THEY NO NOT TO GO OR LISTEN TO AMERICAN LASER
I had the same procedure done. Yes it hurt like hell. I have never felt so much pain. It took almost 7 days for all the spots or matrix dots to go away. I don't wear makeup so you could totally see the spots on my face.
I'm dreading going back for more procedures but they were expensive so I have to. Is there anything one csn do to prepare to esse the pain?
DON'T GO BACK, IT MAY ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR FACE WORSE. JUST CONSIDER IT A HARD LESSON LEARNED. DON'T GO BACK, AND SPREAD THE WORD
DONT DO IT, IT WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE YOU WILL SEE. BE SMART, JUST WALK AWAY AND TAKE IT AS AN EXPENSIVE LESSON LEARNED

I have a question? I got mine done Thursday and it was only swollen and red two days after...today my face feels kind of like u mentioned like sandpaper. I have like scabby grid marks all over my face, I've used a face wash over my face, but I haven't used anything to scrub it, should I be doing that or just like it to come off on its own?

How is yr face today? Hope it works on yr skin. Could you post some more pictures updated ? I appreciate it.
I am 100% better today, you would never know I had anything done. Completely healed! I do see some results and was told it could take up to 6 months for the collegen to rebuild so I can't wait to see how I look in October :) I will post more pics as I continue on my quest for better skin.
IT DIDN'T CHANGE FOR ME AND IT IS OVER A YEAR ALL LIES
sorry to tell you the improvement you see will go away in a month or so, and that six month wait is a lie, i did it i know, there is not improvement sorry
YOU FACE WON'T LOOK ANY BETTER, THE FIRST FEW WEEKS GREAT SKIN CAUSE IT IS LIKE A GOOD EXFOILATION, BUT AFTER A FEW WEEKS IT WILL LOOK THE SAME AND IN SIX MONTHS BACK TO THE WAY YOU LOOKED IT DOES NOT GET BETTER , I KNOW I HAVE DONE IT . DON'T LISTEN TO THE SIX MONTH LIE
I would love to see pictures of you before your procedure, after, and now. I see these reviews of how it made scars worse, but there never any pictures so we can see. I had it done two years ago and never went back (money and reading bad reviews) even though I could tell the difference for the better. I finally went back a week ago, this time with numbing cream, ouch it still hurt but not near as bad. I still have a little swelling and and scabs, but I have high hopes, but I don't expect any difference for awhile, because it was a long while for results the first time. I didn't really notice, until I recieved compliments from people, wondering what I had done and why my skin looked so good. Please post pictures of the good the bad and the ugly to prove your comments.

Oh gosh I am so sorry!!   Give it some time to settle down and heal.  I just can't imagine laying there while they did this to me.  I am a big baby with pain!!

I think I really messed up not asking for the numbing cream. I am much better today, and will do it again. I was all emotional when I wrote my story and it is totally my fault by not being more prepared for the ematrix procedure. I will go with my gut next time and ask all my own questions before going off of someone elses experiences. I am happy with the results thus far and will have more procedures, with numbing cream of course, before summer is here.

Well I am glad to hear you are doing better:)

They didn't use the numbing cream because the dryer the skin when having this procedure done the better the results.

Well then that makes sense.

Do not do this shit! I have tried it all. Sorry to break it to you but nothing is going to give you an improvement that is worth the money and the pain. At best you will get a 20% improvement. Nobody will see a difference. Don't waste your money.