Laser Lipo of Chin & Jowls. So Far So Good - San Antonio, TX

Just had chin/jowl lipo done on Friday (5/6) @...

Just had chin/jowl lipo done on Friday (5/6) @ 1:30pm.

I was given some medication (percoset) to calm my nerves and relieve anxiety. It took about 20 minutes for it to kick in and I was feeling much less apprehensive. The nurses also helped to sooth my nervousness by making me laugh and explain everything that was about to go down.

I was laid back in the chair with my neck fully extended. The nurse began the numbing shots where my four incisions were to be made. I had two (incisions) directly under my chin and one on each side of my neck (near my ears). I felt zero pain when they were made! I was pretty happy about that!

After the incisions were made a cannula was inserted into each one, delivering about a pump of liquid every second. I felt a lot of pressure at this point. I think this is the process where the "pocket" was made between my muscle and tissue so the laser could melt the fat.

The doctor came in and performed the laser lipo through each incision and then followed up with the suctioning. She said that I might feel heat with the laser but I didn't feel any at all. I am very thankful I was numbed up so well!
Oddly enough the only part I was bothered with was when my head was tilted to work on the opposite side, I had a ton of drainage come out of the incision and leak down my neck into my hair. They warned me it was a wet process. It was really not a big deal, just gross.

Before I left they strapped the compression garment around my neck/head and I was free to leave with my husband. I went home, took a vicodin and slept. I felt no pain just awkward mild uncomforted.
I laid around all Saturday to make sure I was getting plenty of rest. No pain at all. Took my first bath in the evening and got a little light headed and saw spots when I first pulled off the compression garment.

Now it is Sunday and I have removed them compression garment for the day. I have mild swelling, no bruising and some numbness. I can see that my jaw line is slightly more defined and my face looks thinner despite the swelling. I still have a small fatty looking area under my chin. I REALLY hope that goes away and tightens up. After all that was my target area to get rid of!

The whole process didn't take more than 45 minutes.

Yes, please post Pic. I will be haveing the same procedure on the August. Will start posting pic once I get close to the date.
Did you continue to have drainage at home??

Glad to hear you're doing well. Looking forward to seeing the before and after pics.

Going really well, thank you! I am actually in my plastic surgeons offce at the moment for my 1 week follow up. I don't see much improvement yet :( I have no pain and feel almost completely back to normal under my chin. I have numbness and warmth but I was just told it is because the lidocaine is still in there. My incisions are toally healed :) I am really excited about the actual results I am supposed to see in the future! Will be posting pics of the before and afters in 10 weeks.

Fantastic results. I couldn't be happier!!

I know it's been like three years now but I never really thought about updated my review :(
I am so delighted with the way my lipo turned out. My only regret is not doing it sooner than I did. I have a defined jaw line with tighter skin throughout my jaw and lower cheeks. My cheekbones appear to be more prominent as well!
The procedure made me realize it is important to pay attention Skincare of my neck too. When washing my face I use my Clarisonic with an exfoliating wash (I am liking Replenix Brightening polish for physical exfoliation and Image SkinCare's Clear Cell Salicylic Acid cleanser for chemical exfoliation) and take the cleanser down my neck. I then use a Vitamin C Serum, a moisturizer that claims to tighten skin and finally, during the day, sunscreen with high SPF.
I can say it is definitely a great feeling to not be embarrassed of the side view of my face with the pooch under my chin gone!

Can you post pics please? I'd love to see
I am SO sorry that you never received a response from me. I have not logged in until recently and was never alerted to a comment being posted. How did yours go?!
Hi there!! Are you still looking to have the lipo performed? I'm trying to scrounge up some photos to post of before and after but I never really had proper ones taken except the ones at Dr. Finder's office.
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon