Want These Normal Saline Implants out - San Antonio, TX

I had to enter a $ amt but haven't really got...

I had to enter a $ amt but haven't really got that answer yet, I am at the very beginning of this journey. My story goes like this. I had twins via invetro when I was 28, afterwards my breasts were "saggy" the MD suggested a shaped implant to "fill" the top up. I went from a 34C to a 34DD, well 7 years later I was blessed with my surprise son:) He is now 2 1/2 and I got measured at the mall the other day and am now a 34DDD. Even at 34DD I couldn't find Any cute bras shoot, I could barely find a Bra period! I cannot hang from Monkey bars, I cannot run, I can't even rest my arms to my side. I cannot wear cute clothes because all you see is my Chest and can't keep them in my Bras no matter what size I buy. I googled this procedure the otherday and found this site which was very inspiring to me and have contacted some local MDs to get the process started. My husband is Very supportive so I will try to keep you all posted. We are Not rich so we will see where this leads me:)

Thank you for starting your story with us! I'm glad you found RealSelf and know that the ladies here are very supportive and we'll all help you through this.

Okay well I am fortunate that I have a friend here...

Okay well I am fortunate that I have a friend here that has had cosmetic surgery and since she referred me the MD is giving me a free consultation on the 15th of May!!! wooooo hoooo:)

I would go to your primary doctor and have them refer you to a plastic surgeon....you need a paper trail.. then you have to fight with the insurance company for reimbursement...just a thought..... it is good to know how system works but a DDD...sorry, but that is excessive for anybody to lug around.. Good luck to you ..I will of course keep you posted.. I do know that some insurance companies pay for removal because of leakage and or strain on the body but not for lift or replacement......I can only suggest you go online and see if anybody with your health insurance can give you advice on how to become eligible for reimbursement......Vicky
My implants cause pain everyday, but insurance is Tricare (retired military) they don't usually pay anything but will check. I know most offer free consult but like the Dr Decherd I am going to see his office said the office manager/RN usually does the free consult, not the MD so not sure if that everywhere or not? but I will be seeing the MD on the 15th and keep you posted. I am undecided on just the explant or doing it with a lift, so we will see.
thanks for your post I am going to get a referral from my doctor tomorrow.....I'm also in San Antonio and want to remove my implants!

Today was my consult with Dr. Decherd. Very nice...

Today was my consult with Dr. Decherd. Very nice MD and staff. Basically implants can be removed in his office for $2000.00 or removal and lift estimate 7200.00. At this point I just want them out, so now will begin working extra and have them removed in his office then see what I look like and go from there:) The way he explains it is the will shoot a local numbing into my breast and cut 1/2 inch incision under it to pull them out. So, I like that I will not have to "go under" for this. Some day I may decide on the lift but will first see how saggy I am cuz I am not sure which would bother me more, the sagging or the scars from a lift.

I too am considering explant surgery, and am shocked at how much you and others are being quoted! My PS in Southern California, only charges $500 for a simple explant requiring only a local anesthesia.
yea, I don't think the quote I was given for in office explant is worth the $ it is close to what others are paying for being put under etc. I am hoping to find another MD but been kinda slowed down due to kids summer schedules etc. But I am going to keep checking around. I have a hard time believing in office with local anesthesia would cost that much. Thank you for you post:)
Unsure

I was required to rate my DR but the problem is I don't have one yet so I put average on all. LOL