Need Help - San Antonio, TX

I hava my explant appointment scheduled for March...

I hava my explant appointment scheduled for March 21, Im getting very anxious and scared. I have only had the implants for 12 weeks and I have suffered physically and emotionally since. However, I'm having second thoughts about not replacing with a smaller implant. I'm 5'0, 100lbs and got 375cc. Any thoughts?

It's been a week since my surgery. I happy to say...

It's been a week since my surgery. I happy to say I'm not in pain, and my stitches will will be out tomorrow (armpit incision). I was advised to wear a bandage or a sports bra for the first month, which makes it difficult to dress for work in the morning. I would feel a lot better if I could wear a wire padded bra.

Three months after the explant, life is back to...

Three months after the explant, life is back to normal. If it wasn't for the scars, it is almost like the whole ordeal never happened, like it was all a bad dream.

I'm still not wearing padded bras daily, only on special occasions, it just feels more comfortable. I do feel slight pain on one of breasts, specially when wearing sports bras, but I'm guessing that will go away as I keep healing.

I feel so fortunate to be able to sleep comfortably in every position. Getting a full night sleep, being healthy, and having peace of mind beats having fake cleavage any day!

You look beautiful! I am 5 weeks post augmentation and have a tentative date set for removal in 3 weeks, I will get the confirmation next week. Hated implants ever since I got them. I'm 5'6", 115 lbs. skinny like you. Had small/full B's depending on my cycle. Got 300cc silicone unders. Hoping I bounce back as nicely as you with only the scars to worry about.
Thank you. Good luck with your surgery, stay positive about the outcome, and be patient, healing takes time : )
Thank you for replying so quickly. I know I am supposed to stay wrapped up in this ace wrap for 2 weeks. Had yours firmed up a bit by then? I can't imagine trying to wear a bra until they get much firmer.
It will take some time, but they do get better. After around two weeks I went shoping around for comfortable bras without padding. I found some good ones a Target and Gap body. I did feel very depressed those first few weeks, but it does get better, although right now you might not think so. Try to stay positive ;-)
Why bras without padding?
Did your boobs feel like jello right after explant? Did that go away. I just explanted 2 days ago and only had mine 6 weeks. The feel like total jello right now
Hello, yes they did and they looked smaller. They feel firmer now, although maybe a little softer than before the BA. Overall the look and feel is o.k., very similar to the way they were before.
And you say the look and feel is (ok) that doesn't sound very reassuring
Who's ur doc?
Nani - you sound just like me! I am having my implants removed three months after surgery early next week and I can completely relate to the "jumping without a parachute" statement. Were yours above or under the muscle? Did you have drains after surgery? I am so scared to think what I will look like afterward. Would you say you are nearly back to what you looked like before? How soon were you able to sleep on my side? That is one blessing I am looking forward to after this terrible ordeal is done - being able to sleep on my side or stomach again. Oh, and being able to REALLY hug someone without these silicon bags in the way. Thank you for sharing your story and you look absolutely great :-)
Hello Bmesoon, My implants were placed under the muscle and I had no drains placed after removal. I would say I look very similar to the way I was before, except my breasts are slightly softer and not as pointy. It took several weeks for my breasts to shape up after the surgery, so don't feel so bad if the result is not what you were expecting right after the surgery. It took about two weeks to be able to sleep on my side again and to wear a wire bra. Good luck next week, be brave and take care of yourself ;-)
Oh thank you so much for responding! You are giving me hope. I am just so anxious about whether I will need drains or not and how soon i can get back to normal. Thank you for kind words - two more days to go!
Hello, How are you feeling?
I am doing amazing! Thank you so much for giving me encouragement in the days before - the waiting was just awful. After surgery I had immediate relief of anxiety and I absolutely love the way I look. Everything healing nicely so far, no fluid and I had no drains and capsules were left in. Breasts not saggy at all, maybe sit a little lower on my chest...but I kinda prefer that to what I had before! It's like my tissues settled a little lower and I am just fine with that.
Good to hear, I'm glad you are recovering well.
You have given me so much hope. I am 13 days post op and I want them out!! Some people just know... Everyone keeps saying its all psychological after a big change but I know deep in my heart I've made a mistake....I think I might talk to my ps... I also had 375cc and was small to begin with. I think because you didn't have them in for so long you look like it never happened. I'm nervous and scared but you have given me hope.
Hello Bkstar, I know how you feel, not long after the surgery I began to feel regret, I was surprised because I really thought breast implants were going to be something positive for me, but it didn't feel that way. My friends wanted to take me out to celebrate but I instead felt depressed. Next month it will be a year from the removal, and although sometimes I still wish my breast had a little more volume, there is nothing like feeling my chest free from the weight of the implants and push up bras really do wonders. I'm really grateful my sensitivity is back too. Hang in there, whatever you decide to do, remember this is only transitional, and you do have choices ; - )
Oh, I am wondering what age group you are in as well? You have great results!
I'm in the 30-35 age group.
Hi, you look really great! Do you have your capsule removed? Thank you.
Hello, I believe so, although my doctor was not very explicit, on what the procedure entail.
Hi Nani! You look great! I am wondering who your doc is as I am considering explant as well. Thanks!
You look sooooooooo much better now! Your breasts fit your frame! My surgery is in 5 days, on Friday, & I'm going NUTS waiting! Can't sleep, like a little kid before Christmas. Thank you all for this site & the calm it brings. You look REALLY sexy, nani! Mine have been in for 10 years & I know I'll sag & look deflated, but I'm opting for no lift...I just want to be me. Peace!
Thank you, I can relate to how you are feeling, the days prior the explant I felt like I was about to jump off a cliff, not knowing whether or not I had a parachute. Is that anxious feeling of not knowing exactly what the outcome will be. When I get a negative thought regarding my A cup, I remind myself of the pain, numbness, heaviness, and uneasiness of the breast implants and I feel free and relieved to have no heavy weight on my chest. It may be a little hard the first few weeks but keep in mind that the appearance of you breast will improve with time, at least that was my experience. Good Luck Friday!! Keep us updated on your progress : )
Nani001 you look great!!! what size bra are you.?