EEEEKKKKKK So Nervous - San Antonio, TX

I have been researching this forever!! It makes...

I have been researching this forever!! It makes if hard to dive in because I don't hate my breasts they are just small. It'd be nice to wear a strapless top without having to wear a 1 inch thick padded bra. Plus I have tormented myself by reading every possible thing that can go wrong.

My stats: 5'7", 140 pounds, 36B (I call it a B- because there's still room in there for an iphone). I'm 37 and I find that the older I get the more important it is to get people to stop looking directly at my face. HA! I'm kidding.

I have had 2 consults. The first being with Dr. Robert N. Young. He was nice enough but I didn't feel like he paid too much attention to detail. I think he does so many of these that it's just become cookie cutter to him. He recommended a 450cc HP silicone implant. Which would be a D on me, that just sounds huge.

My second consult was at the office of Dr. Michael Decherd. I didn't actually meet Dr. Decherd yet. His assistant does his consults, her name is Courtney (I might be spelling her name wrong) and she's awesome. She took my measurements and was very detailed explaining everything. Based on my height and width between my breasts she recommended the 550cc HP implant (I forget the style). She explained that I have a 3" gap between my breasts and this will not change with implants. She said what Dr. Young recommended was going to be to narrow for my chest. The implant style she is recommending is the same profile as the 450cc but rounder to give the breasts a more natural look. It'll still be a D cup.

Ended up booking with Dr. Decherd based on numerous positive reviews, attention to detail, before and after pics.... I have my meet the doctor/preop appointment on 15 Jan. My surgery is scheduled for 3 Feb.

Here's my 3D scans (this machine is way cool). I'm a little freaked out by the size. I am a gym rat and I don't want them to be too huge. Thoughts?

Second Thoughts

Have you ladies read the explant reviews on this site? Makes one question if doing this is the right thing. Also worried about muscle distortion and info from this site is making me nervous.

Chicken

So I'm putting this off for now. I'm a chicken. The Dr. office was really nice about it. I was able to get my $1500 deposit back and they said to please give them a call if I have any questions and/or change my mind.
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

will post later

I think you've made the right choice for yourself by postponing the surgery. Breast augmentation is not for everyone! I think your natural breasts are beautiful. :)
A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! :) If in the future you change your mind again, keep this in mind: yes, there are risks and yes, some of them are truly horrible - but the odds of any of those things happening are pretty small. Ultimately, you have to do what's right for you, and this is definitely a decision you want to be comfortable with! It's like my PS said, the risks are very small but if it's gonna make you lose sleep worrying about the what-ifs then it's just not worth it! Kudos to you for not pushing yourself into doing this if you're not quite there yet!
I didn't read any explant reviews at all before surgery. That would have scared me too. It's a big decision, so go with your gut. I'm extremely happy with mine over the muscle (225 silicone) and had NO pain with recovery and returned to yoga and the gym within a few weeks without ANY problems at all. At 4 weeks I was doing push-ups even without any weird feelings. The smaller the implant, the less likely the complications with overs also. I still think it was an amazing decision for me to go through with it (I've always liked my small boobs, but now I am in awe of them). It was worth it to me to take the risk. You do what you need to do, though to take care of yourself.
The 3D scanner thing is awesome and the results look awesome!!! My surgery is January 31st so we are on the same timeline! Have you talked to your doctor about going over the muscle? That's what I'm doing, because I have enough natural tissue to pull it off and it will be a significantly less intense recovery, which is important to me because I am a major gym rat as well! I'd recommend researching the option, but to each her own! Cheers to you!! Let's keep in touch!
So I've decided to put off doing this. I'm too much of a chicken, and after seeing a lot of negative results I'm a bit freaked out by it. Best of luck to you, hope you have a speedy recovery.
Thanks! I'll post results, so feel free to check back in. I hope I'll have REALLY GOOD NEWS! haha. :) I totally believe in going with your gut. Cheers to you on being in touch with your needs and concerns and making the right choice for right now.
I understand you not wanting to go too big. I'm a 36F. I run a couple miles most days of the week. I'm no where close to being fit or being a gym rat but they key is find the right sports bra. Freshpair.com has excellent customer service. I have sent back more bras than i have kept and it's never been an issue. Just be prepared to pay $45-70 for a good, supportive sport bra. :) as soon as mine show up i put it in and go out to my daughters trampoline and jump for a few minutes. If it can't handle that, it won't be able to handle any runs. Good luck!!!!
I know what you mean about not wanting to go too big, esp with your workout routine being a priority for you. I went into my consults thinking a C would be perfect. I certainly didn't want anything that was gonna be flopping around and smacking me in the face while I ran, lol!! I was floored when I went bra shopping and ended up in a D!! Turns out a D isn't nearly as scary-huge as it sounded for all those years! :) The tricky part is that a certain # cc's on one person will get completely different results on another, so try not to get too hung up on the # itself - just make sure you're very clear with your PS about your desired result, your goals, your concerns, etc. Good luck!! :)
I think that you should definitely talk to your doctor if you feel uncomfortable with that size. I started at a 34B and my 325cc implants brought me up to a full C, almost D territory. Any larger would definitely affect my fitness routine, and I am so glad I ddi not go any larger.
Your posts are fabulous!! Some if your comments make me laugh lol!! Amazing sense of humor, love it! Feb 3 is right around the corner :-)... I'm scheduled for Feb 21 so not to far behind you. Good luck on deciding on size, I've been obsessed w size for months and I think I still am a bit lol. There is lots of great info on this site to help w that decision.
Too far away and too close. Best of luck to you as well!!!
Thanks :-)
Wow!! This is just my unprofessional opinion but I would think since you are a B already, 550 would easily bring you into the DD category, if not bigger. I have 225 HP (overs) and I went from an A to a D. I love the gym also and I wouldn't want much bigger --I'm already doubling up on sports bras to run, so....that's just my meager suggestion. If you want big, then go for it. It will look amazing.
Thanks for your input. I agree that 550cc sounds huge and that's not what I want. I still want to run and do pushups without having an audience. I'm going to make sure my PS knows my goals. Which is really just to have boobs, not knock things over with them.
Ummm good luck with the push ups! I'm 5 month post op and still can only do 3-5 before getting weird muscle spasms. If you figure out a way past this please let me know!!!