Badly Encapsulated Breast Implant Removal and Liposuction of Hips - San Antonio, TX

I had an encapsulated left breast implant w/very...

I had an encapsulated left breast implant w/very bad scar tissue. Dr. Harris removed the implant, enough scar tissue to make sure I had no deformities, & also did lipo of the hips, so I wouldn't have to do two separate surgeries. The process was very smooth & I couldn't be more pleased with the results!!
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough how blessed I was to be referred to Dr. Harris, & that does not come lightly from me as I had MAJOR trust issues with surgeons past. I have been through some really bad experiences, so when my surgeon whom I had a good experience with became ill the day before my scheduled surgery in September, I thought I was at a loss. Being that he would be out for an extended period of time and my encapsulation was painful at best, I was left to find another skilled surgeon to perform the surgery. After asking a few times for him to recommend someone, He recommended Dr. Harris, which said a lot to me from the beginning. I was able to get a consultation. The staff in the office is truly one of a kind!!! They were absolutely wonderful, so caring and so helpful!! That is something I had NOT experienced with the other surgeon. When Dr. Harris came in, she REALLY LISTENED to me. She didn't act rushed or as though I was wasting her time. She talked with me first, then did my exam after we discussed my requests, then I got dressed again and she spent even more time talking to me. She was so amazingly thorough and even talked me out of a procedure that wouldn't be a benefit to me. She could have easily sold me something but she was more concerned about ME not my money. I was amazed. They scheduled my surgery, got my paperwork so quickly for me, helped me with EVERYTHING, gave me my prescriptions and were so genuine during the whole process. I left feeling more confident than I ever have. Surgery day came, Dr. Harris came in and even though the surgery center was behind in their times checking people in as they were so busy, she never ever made me feel rushed. She explained the whole process to me and to my husband and made sure to answer any questions we may have, then Dr. Kruczek, the anesthesiologist that she has worked with for 18+ years, came in & he explained everything to us as well. They didn't just blow me off and say "She's been through this before, so we can skim over" which I fully expected, as I have experienced that before. I told him I have a little trouble coming out of anesthesia sometimes. He said "I will make sure you don't have that problem". He explained he will come give me a "margarita" to calm me before surgery starts and then before he left he said "God Bless you and your surgery" and I was highly impressed being that I am catholic, which they ask you during your interview if you want to give your info. He left and once I was prepped, came back with my "margarita", I don't remember a thing because he doesn't like you to have to see the operating room. I thought that was amazing. Was so impressed by that as that can be stressful for some folks! I came out of anesthesia so quickly I was again amazed. I was in recovery for what seemed like a very short period of time so it was great! My husband said Dr. Harris came out and explained how everything went and made him feel a lot better about the process. Then he said they called to check on me the next morning! When I got up to shower the second day, I wanted to see the results, I figured I wouldn't be able to tell much about the lipo and be somewhat disappointed with the look of my breasts. I WAS SO HAPPY! Dr. Harris is a true artist. I don't say that lightly at all. My breasts looked perfectly proportioned (which I was very concerned about since I had such bad scar tissue build up) and were already plumping back up and my lipo LOOKED SO GOOD! I have had lipo in other areas and never could tell right away. One other note, because of the pocket being left behind with implant removal, Dr. Harris wanted to be safe and put in drains. I appreciated that immensely, as I would rather a surgeon err on the side of caution than not! Even though those aren't fun no matter how you spin it, there was plus to that part, she used a place from the lipo to insert the tube so I wouldn't have another hole and another stitch. THAT is a surgeon who cares more about her patients than anything else. My follow up appt., the staff was just as caring and friendly. The drain removal was not bad at all. Dr. Harris spent just as much time with us checking on things and discussing everything with to make sure we had no questions and I felt well. I genuinely cannot say one single negative thing. Not one. She is an artist and devoted to her patients. Dr. Kruczek was the best anesthesiologist I have had. And lastly, but just as important, Dr. Harris' staff is so professional, caring and helpful! I will use Dr. Harris for any procedure I might need in the future and I will recommend her to everyone I know. Thank you to her and her staff from the bottom of my heart. What a blessing ya'll are!

I loved your story!! Would you please post some pictures?

Hooray for your success story! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.

I am so incredibly happy everything came out exactly the way that you wanted it to and even more happier that you found the perfect Dr. and one that you trust. I have interviewed three and still havent found the right one yet. I will keep you posted on when I find a good Dr. for myself.... Would love to see before and after photos if you have them. Thank you for your post...
Hi CK I hope you are recovering well and feeling a whole lot better! Thanks for the detailed review. It's great that you found a surgeon you could trust, it was obviously meant to be.