Quick Lift - San Antonio, TX

I had a quick lift, neck lift and upper eyes done...

I had a quick lift, neck lift and upper eyes done two days ago. I am 60 and had very saggy, overhanging eyelids, a turkey neck and starting to get jowls. I've wanted to do this since I was in my mid 50's but waited until I was old enough to take the money out of my IRA without penalty, to pay for it. I am still in quite a bit of pain, though everything I read says it would be minimal. At this point, I would not do this again! But, we'll see how I feel once I can eat, sleep on my side, and have no pain.

Five Days After

I am taking prescription sleeping pills now, as I have always had trouble sleeping and sleeping on my back is not working. I feel somewhat better now that I am sleeping some. My neck feels as if there are binder clips on each side. It is very painful. I cannot take the vicodin; made me throw up. Love how my neck looks so far but the pain is awful. Seeing the doctor today.

Before and After

Here are two photos. One the day of surgery and the other a week later.

Two Weeks after

Here I am two weeks after surgery. Pain when I chew, but that is it.
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Barone spent very minimal time with me before the procedure. I had doubts about going through with it because of that, but she had a good reputation so I decided her lack of bedside manner wasn't a key factor. She was excellent during the procedure, talking to me through it all, explaining everything. I am very satisfied with her.

i think it looks great! but what is a Quick lift?
Beautiful result
You look great!!!
I now have just a bit of tightness in myneck. The pain is gone. Nobody has said aword to me so either dont notice or dont know what to say. I think I look so much better. Love it!
You look like a new person. So much younger.
I made an appointment to see the dr today as it is rather painful behind my ears and I want to ensure I am healing right. Thanks for the positive feedback guys!
Looking good. I did not have the pain that a lot of the people did. I slept in my recliner for the first week. Three months later I still have some stiffness in the neck but every it does seems to be getting back to normal. It definitely was not back to usual in a week or two. Good luck.
You look great! That chewing thing can be a bugger - not to worry - it will resolve!
You look amazing! Sorry that you are in pain. I hope it subsides very soon.
You are looking great!
I love my new face. Wore my contacts today for the first time in two weeks and that lifted my spirits. My neck looks great. Now thinking about doing lower lids once I can afford it.
You look great! Hope you are feeling better.
So sorry to hear a bout the pain and problem with Vicodin.  I have the exact same reaction and tell all my doctors that I cannot tolerate it.  On the other hand, I had no pain with my FL and am always surprised at people that post how painful it is...and there are plenty of them.  I can never figure out why people like me have none and others have so much other than the type, technique , or the way the FL is handled during surgery.  But you look good and hope that the healing continues!
When I think of how the nerves in our faces have to wake up and regenerate I think about the differences in the way babies wake up. Some babies are cranky, colicy, and cry upon waking and sleeping - (that's my nerves) - and others wake up and fall asleep in their cribs gurgling and cooing (that may describe you, FG). I'm working on reprogramming my thinking so when I feel pain in my surgical area I think "Oh, good morning ... There, there, now ... It's going to be alright :)
I want my face to gurgle and coo. Instead it's like "Bitch, what did you do?"
For just 8 days, you look wonderful. I threw up for 2 days as well. That was fun...but it took my mind off other horrors :-)
Thanks for the laugh!
Lookin' good, girl.
I hope you are feeling better very soon!

So sorry about all the pain you're experiencing. I hope it begins to subside very soon (like, yesterday). Are you having much swelling and bruising?

My neck is bruised but not my face. Not much swelling. I do love my new face! Don't know how to post photo.