TCA Full Thickness Burn with 30% Scar Treatment -Salt Lake City, UT

I went to Mark Taylor because I had heard from a...

I went to Mark Taylor because I had heard from a few people he was the guy to go to. Well, unfortunately I don't trust what he says. He wanted to do laser on a scar that is still healing. I got a third degree burn just six months ago from a bad tca peel concentrated in one place. The skin still hasn't fully healed and it's insanity to evaporate my skin cells when they are still trying to reproduce. http://www.uihealthcare.org/2column.aspx?id=236455 this is not the only website that talks about burns and scarring they take a minimum of 2years to heal and they look their worse 4-8 months of healing. My face wasn't even fully healed until 2 months after the burn occurred. I'm pretty educated about the whole burn healing process and listening to him being "so sure" that laser would help almost blew my mind that a doctor would do such a thing so soon. http://uwmsktc.washington.edu/Burn_wound_3-16.pdf
I was hoping he would have suggestions to help the healing process so the scar wouldn't be so bad and maybe in the future I could do something like that and I was hoping he'd help me through the process but he wanted to do laser that day!! that's bananas to me and he needs to get more educated about burns because he could have done damage to skin that is still healing if I was not as educated as I am about full thickness burns.

I have treated thousands of scars. It is our specialty. Our recommendation would have helped this patient. Too much internet education can sometimes bring a person to the wrong conclusion. Mark B. Taylor, MD
Excuse me, for putting the "incorrect" title to your standards. To compare scarring from a burn to acne scarring is very uneducated thing to say. Treating burns is a very delicate process and it takes the right doctor to have patience and understanding and knows what the heck they are doing. If people are educated and can read. They in fact would see that I came in with a burn. No where in my review did I say he burned my face. I am glad you are sticking up for a doctor who could have seriously done damage. In fact, my face has been healing quit nicely because I found a doctor who knows what he is doing and he actually is the one of the persons, who had recommended me to go to him. Next appointment he will hear all about it and I hope, he doesn't recommend anyone there after my experience. So sorry everyone, "consultation sucked and I would never ever recommend anyone there".
Okay...
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

I felt like he just wanted my money and money isn't an issue I'm okay with paying whatever for something if they know what they are doing. I felt like I was just "another" patient. He only give me one option he didn't even talk about anything else. I was devastated because this has been a hard experience for me and I thought he could help. I guess I will have to see another plastic surgeon.