Breast Implant After Tram Flap and Mastectomy - Salt Lake City, UT

I am 2 weeks post OP and have a lot of questions.....

I am 2 weeks post OP and have a lot of questions.. my right breast has had a lot of work done to it so... I had reduction and lump removed 1985, then a mastectomy 1990, then a tram flap 1998.. and now an implant August 29,2012.. it is still quite sore, tight.. and oh.. also have a nipple.. have not seen a nipple in 22 years... I cried when I first seen my nipple. it seems too large right now.. but the dr said it will get smaller.. ??? I know I need to be patient but.. my left breast have been so nice and round, and the right one is just so far behind, I feel like it is NEVER going to catch up.. I guess it is hard to imagine it filling out, and getting softer, so I figure if some of you have or are going thru what I am it will help to talk to you .. ? I think because I have history with my doctor, he did my past surgery.. that I feel he might not tell me something, till he has to tell me..

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

he did my tram flap, surgery.. I did not ask him as many questions as I probably should have.. because I have known him for years.. I guess I just assume too much.. I do trust my doctor I really do. He is the greatest..

Hi, I am so glad to hear you are a survivor of breast cancer. I am almost 6 yrs now. I have not gotten any work on my breast yet. Just not for sure yet. How did u lose your weight? Keep it off is the hard part. You are a brave lady. God Bless!! Evie
I agree w/ megan p, glad you area w/us to share your story. You look great & thats a beautiful tattoo. Thank you for sharing your story w/us.

Wow, you really have had a lot done. I'm so glad you are on here to share experiences, and learn from others. I would definitely encourage you to ask your doctor any and all questions you have. Asking questions isn't a sign of distrust, and most doctors would want you to ask your questions so you feel completely comfortable with what is going to go on.

That being said, we have a Q&A section where board certified doctors volunteer to answer questions. You are always welcome to post questions you have in there.

It will be great to hear from some of the other ladies in the community who have had similar experiences to yours.