Eyelid Surgery - Worcester, MA

For the most part the surgery was fine. I will...

For the most part the surgery was fine. I will give it a few more months before I say for sure. I developed a couple of issues with bumps on the scars and had to go back to have Dr. attempt to remove them. The Dr. was very rude and unprofessional. Bumps are still on my eyelid and very noticeable. The scarring on the right eye looks jagged and uneven.

Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry you had a negative experience.  What kind of eyelid surgery did you have?

I had both of my upper eyelids done because they were drooping. I believe the surgery is called Blepharoplasty.

Yup sounds like an upper blepharoplasty.  BTW I saw your comment below, should you ever decide to add photos here is a tutorial.  I hope you keep us posted on whats going on, we're here for you!

Update on eyelid surgery

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but I am not a great photographer. I just finally figured out how to post pics on this site. I can assure you that the bump on my eyelid is a lot more prominent than it appears in the pics, especially when my eyes are open.

As an update, I did report Dr. Ekstrom to my insurance company as I felt that she was committing fraud by billing the insurance company for what should have been follow-up appointments that were included with the surgery. As I previously stated, I did go to her immediately after the surgery, during the time that was covered as part of the surgery, and asked that she fix the bump on my eye. Instead of fixing it at that time she made an appointment for me after the 90 day allotted time to be covered ,purposely, so that she could not only fraudulently bill the insurance company but also bill me! Of course it was her word against mine and the insurance company would not get involved! Apparently the insurance company does not mind paying fraudulent claims. She did not fix the bump on my eyelid while I was there, even though she said that it was gone! I still have the bump and it has not gone away. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS WOMAN TOUCH YOU!!!!

I had this surgery and now have bumps He told me that when I come back in a month that I will use some cream and then massage my eyes and they will go away, it's a bunch of bs isn't it!! I am nervous now... This doctor has done nothing but f^|>| up my face... Keep me posted ...
I Don't Know If What He Told You Will Work But My Bumps Are Still There! They Screw Up The Surgery And WIll Not Fix Or Take Responsibility. It's Disgusting What They Can Get Away With!
I'm SorrY You Have Bumps Also! I HoPe Yours Go Away. Let Me Know What Happens.
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

I developed a couple of issues with bumps on the scars and had to go back to the Dr. Dr. Ekstrom was very rude, condescending and unprofessional at my post op visit and did not fix the issue. She was angry that I questioned her billing me and the insurance company for post op visits that were supposed to be included with the surgery. She first had her secretary embarrass me, regarding payment issues, in the lobby of her office, in front of other patients, and then again in her office. She had to numb my eyes before performing the procedure to attempt to correct the mistake she made with the surgery. I could not open my eyes while the medication was on my eyes. She then had the nerve to send the nurse in, while my eyes were closed, to have me sign an ipad signature line without reading anything, telling me that it was consent to do the procedure. I asked what it was they wanted me to sign because I could not read it at the time, and she said I "had" to sign it if I wanted the procedure done. What?! How unprofessional! Needless to say the "prodedure" did not work and I still have noticeable bumps on my eyelid. I would never recommend Dr. Ekstron to anyone for any type of procedure. She is rude, unprofessional, unethical (overbilling patients and insurance companies), and incompetent. DO NOT LET HER TOUCH YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES!