Eyelid Surgery - Worcester, MA

For the most part the surgery was fine. I will...

For the most part the surgery was fine. I will give it a few more months before I say for sure. I developed a couple of issues with bumps on the scars and had to go back to have Dr. attempt to remove them. The Dr. was very rude and unprofessional. Bumps are still on my eyelid and very noticeable. The scarring on the right eye looks jagged and uneven.

Update on eyelid surgery

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but I am not a great photographer. I just finally figured out how to post pics on this site. I can assure you that the bump on my eyelid is a lot more prominent than it appears in the pics, especially when my eyes are open.

As an update, I did report Dr. Ekstrom to my insurance company as I felt that she was committing fraud by billing the insurance company for what should have been follow-up appointments that were included with the surgery. As I previously stated, I did go to her immediately after the surgery, during the time that was covered as part of the surgery, and asked that she fix the bump on my eye. Instead of fixing it at that time she made an appointment for me after the 90 day allotted time to be covered ,purposely, so that she could not only fraudulently bill the insurance company but also bill me! Of course it was her word against mine and the insurance company would not get involved! Apparently the insurance company does not mind paying fraudulent claims. She did not fix the bump on my eyelid while I was there, even though she said that it was gone! I still have the bump and it has not gone away. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS WOMAN TOUCH YOU!!!!
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

I developed a couple of issues with bumps on the scars and had to go back to the Dr. Dr. Ekstrom was very rude, condescending and unprofessional at my post up visit and did not fix the issue. She was angry that I questioned her billing me and the insurance company for post op visits that were supposed to be included with the surgery. She first had her secretary embarrass me, regarding payment issues, in the lobby of her office, in front of other patients, and then again in her office. She had to numb my eyes before performing the procedure to attempt to correct the mistake she made with the surgery. I could not open my eyes while the medication was on my eyes. She then had the nerve to send the nurse in, while my eyes were closed, to have me sign an ipad signature line without reading anything, telling me that it was consent to do the procedure. I asked what it was they wanted me to sign because I could not read it at the time, and she said I "had" to sign it if I wanted the procedure done. What?! How unprofessional! Needless to say the "prodedure" did not work and I still have noticeable bumps on my eyelid. I would never recommend Dr. Ekstron to anyone for any type of procedure. She is rude, unprofessional, unethical (overbilling patients and insurance companies), and incompetent. DO NOT LET HER TOUCH YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES!

I had this surgery and now have bumps He told me that when I come back in a month that I will use some cream and then massage my eyes and they will go away, it's a bunch of bs isn't it!! I am nervous now... This doctor has done nothing but f^|>| up my face... Keep me posted ...
I Don't Know If What He Told You Will Work But My Bumps Are Still There! They Screw Up The Surgery And WIll Not Fix Or Take Responsibility. It's Disgusting What They Can Get Away With!
I'm SorrY You Have Bumps Also! I HoPe Yours Go Away. Let Me Know What Happens.

Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry you had a negative experience.  What kind of eyelid surgery did you have?

I had both of my upper eyelids done because they were drooping. I believe the surgery is called Blepharoplasty.

Yup sounds like an upper blepharoplasty.  BTW I saw your comment below, should you ever decide to add photos here is a tutorial.  I hope you keep us posted on whats going on, we're here for you!

I think there is a problem with this website. It will not let me post an update with pics:(
Hmmm I just tried it on your review and it worked for me, what device are you using (iphone, laptop, etc)?
Strange....I can reply to comments but it will not post my update or photos. It just keeps showing the swirling icon like it is going to post but then it just keeps going forever. Waited 1/2 hour, twice, and the icon was still swirling but no post. I am on a desktop. I'm not getting any errors. Just will not go thru. Maybe there is a problem with the wesite. I will try again later. Thank you for all your help with the tutorial.
I just sent you a PM with some info, we will get this sorted out!
Thank you. I just tried again and it worked.
Gosh, I'm very sorry to hear about you went through! I can't believe the doc claimed she corrected the issue! I thought it was customary for docs to include follow-up visits in their pricing. She should be ashamed of herself, particularly as you indicated that your pics are far better than what one sees in actuality. At this point, it is safe to say she doesn't have your interests at heart. May I ask -- is this a keloid? I realize it's unfair (and probably will entail add'l costs), but would you be open to seeing someone who specializes in scar/keloid removal?
I Don't Know What The Bump Is But I Believe It May Be A Cyst, Or She Just Left Too Much Skin Under The Stitches...Who Knows! Eventually I Will Probably See A Specialist To Fix Her Shoddy Work! Thanks For Your Concern:)
So sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience. Do you have photos to post at all? Is there anything that can be done to lessen the bumps that you ended up with? Thank you for sharing with us. I hope there is another solution for you, this Dr. sounds terrible!
I will try to figure out how to post a photo, but I would rather wait for a couple of months to see if it goes away. I'm hoping it will, but highly doubt it. Whatever Dr. Ekstrom did after cutting my eyelid open a second time and digging around during my post op nightmare visit to her office to try to fix her mistake, did not work; even though she told me that she "got" whatever was causing the bump on my eyelid. IT WAS NOT FIXED! At this point, I do not trust her to touch my eyes again. Nor will I ever step foot in her office again after the inconsiderate, hostile and demeaning way I was treated. I will have my own doctor fix her mistake if the bump is not gone in a couple of months. But I will keep you updated. Thank you for your concern.
:( - Hoping for the best for you.