Panniculectomy Was So Worth It! - Salem, OR

I had lost 175 lbs. and had a large pannis hanging...

I had lost 175 lbs. and had a large pannis hanging about a third way down my thighs. Dr. Took 25 lbs of skin and fat off and removed the roll above my belly button. He removed my belly button but to tell you the truth I really don't miss it! It was so stretched out that infection could be a problem so I told him I wanted to heal up and get on with my new life so get rid of it. Had surgery on Tuesday and home on Friday. Yes
I felt like a truck had hit me but after the first week at home things got better day by day. They said it would take about 6 weeks to feel halfway normal and I really thought I would be pretty much back up and running in 3 weeks, not! It really does take a good 6 weeks. I am so thankful for my great Dr. And what a good job he did. Also for my new freedom !
Salem Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Leonard is a very kind man . I felt very well taken care of.

Thank You For Sharing Your Experience With Us!

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement and you should be very proud of yourself! Did your doctor make you a new belly button, or did he just get rid of it altogether?

We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing!