Day 5 Post Op and Pain is Horrible...... - Salem, MA

Today I woke up with horrible pains in the...

Today I woke up with horrible pains in the incision of the scar. I have been taking the hydromorphone every 4 hours like clock work. The scar is not red but tender to touch. Still draining each side 30ml but hoping the drains will come out on Monday. I also had a breast augmentation and really didn't think the pain could be this bad. I have been walking minimally (hunched over) and can't wait to shower. I am posting today looking for an answer, I hope. Today, my temperature is border line high 99.8,nausea, don't have an appetite and my stomach feels like it is on fire primarily near the incision but no redness just tender. I also started my period today and wondering if that is playing part in how I am feeling. Has anyone started to feel worse on day 5 instead of getting better?

just wondering where in Salem did you get your tummy tuck done? And name of Doctor? Thanks, hope all is well!
Hi...I didn't Fully shower till my 5 week! I have a hand held shower so I was able to wash everything else. He just wanted my incisions to not become wet. I hope you post pics. I bet you look great. Have a good day and yes sit. My incision came undone around the second week because I didn't chill. Good luck.
i hope you are doing better! its been a week since your last post and i am curious as to how you are doing!
Sorry to hear you're having so much pain. Seems like (from reading on this site) the first week is rough sometimes. I'm sure it will be better very soon and that you'll be loving your new body, it will all be so worth it. :)
Day 9 update - Thank you for all the comments. To answer Liddysue before I give my update....In my personal opinion, the tummy tuck is much worse that the BA. The pain of the muscle repair, the incision, the pain of having the drains in and not being able to shower and just the pain while healing is long. I ended up going to the doctors and the left side was redder than he liked so he put me on antibiotics two days ago. I am still in pain, still have the drains and the incision site along with the drain area are super sore. I have not showered in a week and three days and everyone keeps telling me to think positive but I am so tired of being in bed, lying around and not getting back to normal life. There have been times that I wondered "Was this really worth all this pain?" I haven't had much of an appetite since my surgery and eating mostly fruits and vegetables. I think it is because this binder is so tight! LOL It is not a bad thing since your goal is to NOT gain weight once you have had this surgery, that is a bad thing. My stomach has shrunk. Since taking the antibiotics, the right side has been draining alot and it looks like the infection coming out, GROSS but the left side has only drained about 10ml since Monday night so I am about to call the doctors to possibly take the left one out today. Not like it is going to make a difference because I still can't shower. I am sure it will be worth it once I have healed but currently in so much pain that I am still on the fence.
Hope you feel better soon. I am sure the menstrual has something to do with it. I agree with everyone else, call your doctor and see if he can give you something. Don't suffer.
My doctor said to call him if I ran a fever over 100 but I would definitely call him if I were you! You had so much done at one time and they don't want you to be in pain so I would think he would give you something else to ease it. Do you think the boob job or tummy tuck hurt worse? I had my boobs done about 7 years ago and I think they hurt much worse initially but the tummy tuck is more debilitating. Wishing you lots of relief and comfort girl.
Hi. Sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I don't know much but I think your situation might as well be caused by your menses. If it worsens and you have fever I'd suggest you immediately call your doctor. In fact normally your doctor should be reachable to answer this concern right away. Mine was. Good luck!