6 Months Post-Op Gastric Sleeve - Salem, MA

I am 6 months post-op and down about 50lbs. It is...

I am 6 months post-op and down about 50lbs. It is still a struggle figuring out what I can and can not tolerate with food but so far well worth it! I have just started adding in exercise so hopefully that will help kick start the weight loss even more. I have a 2 year old daughter and really want to be a healthy role model for her.

Dr. Bernard Benedetto

Hi Haley, we'd love an update if you're able to!

How are you doing? Are you any closer to your goal weight?

Hi Haley, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. Congratulations on the start of your weight loss, 50lb is an awesome achievement so far!

If you don't mind sharing, what was your start weight? How was your recovery, did you have much pain or downtime following surgery?

My start weight was 280lbs. I am down to 220lbs. The recovery was ok, while I was having the surgery my Dr. also found a hernia that he fixed, so my total out of work time was 3 weeks.

Hernia's seem to be common in WLS patients, I have one myself that will need to be fixed at some point. I'm glad you got everything sorted at one time though, much easier than having to go back in for a second hernia repair!

Good luck with your continued weight loss, and please do keep us updated with your progress!