Would I Do It Again - A BIG YES!!!! - Saint Petersburg, FL

Aging 'gracefully' is easier said and done,...

Aging 'gracefully' is easier said and done, particularly when is happen to you. I have always taken good care of my appearance and definitely took pride in looking my best. I was lucky in that despite submitting my skin to extreme tanning practices in my youth, I still looked younger 'for my age' up to my 50's.

The big shocking occurrence was hitting 60...For some unexpected reason; my body drastically began to show its age. My face just drooped, the horrible jowls accentuated, my eyelids disappeared under sagging skin - it wasn't just about wrinkles anymore; that, I was prepared for -my face droping on my lap- No!

I didn't make my decision to have a face-lift over night or on desperation. I truly considered ‘accepting’ looking old and just attempting to ‘go on without a fight’. I think that because at this point in my life I am mentally and emotionally stable; that I have a husband that thinks I’m beautiful and shows me unconditional love each day; that my child is happy and my family is thriving; that It is because of these things that I had the opportunity to take a look at what would make me even happier at this stage of the game that I made my decision to have my facelift.

This was my gift to me, my reward for making it to my 60s, for staying positive in life and pushing through barriers to achieve my dreams in the romance, family and professional fronts.

I approached my surgery as I have many other endeavors in life: With a clear picture of the goal, with unwavering determination and a positive attitude. My greatest tool for staying positive throughout the process? Thinking back to the alternative of looking sad and tired all the time, seeming so old and defeated when in fact I felt young and triumphant – Contemplating that always made me focus on the goal of healing and seeing the process through.

A facelift is not a walk in the park, it is surgery with an intense physical and emotional recovery period, but is it worth it? A million times yes!!!

I researched and found a brilliant surgeon with an outstanding staff of women that I would have as personal girl friends. I was also very fortunate to have my husband as my care giver and greatest supporter through the process. I’m on week 9 since my surgery and I can say with absolutely no doubt that I am adamantly glad I did it.
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

A true professional, very talented and committed to deliver outstanding results. He's a true artist.

Great transformation, so happy for you.
You are stunning!
you look amazing!!!!!
Wow, what fabulous work! You (and your doc's other patients) look totally fresh and natural and "like yourself"! I hope my own results will be so good!
You look fantastic! Embrace and celebrate the new face.
Zambrana54...your results are very very good. But I guess it was just confusing that you didn't mention in your review having a brow or eye lift or fat transfer but only a facelift. I just wanted to clarify what additional procedures had been needed. thanks for your information and clarification. grace60
Yes, that is called the "Refresher Facelift" those things are part of it. I imagine if someone has just a brow lift - it is called a "brow lift". Mine, with all those things is called by that physician's clinic - a "Refresher Facelift".
It certainly is a refresher! I checked out your doctor's website and he does lovely work. I think you are beautiful in the befores and afters, but you definitely look refreshed and much younger. Your skin is very pretty. I know you must be pleased. I showed you to my sister and she ooooh'd and ahhhhh'd over you too. :) Very nice!
I looked at your doctor's website & wish I hadn't. LOL I just might decide to keep saving!! His work looks awesome and I also love the fact that he used the same lighting & facial expressions in his before/after pictures...so many surgeons try to fake it (but we know!!). Thanks for posting!
Wonderful!....given me so much incentive!
You look stunning!
Fabulous! Good for you and thanks so much for sharing your photos!
congratulations ..those are truly impressive improvements to every part of your face from just a facelift! Most people have to endure several procedures to get your kind of results. Do you know exactly what facelift technique he used that made such a difference in your brows, upper and lower lids? He surely did a remarkable job; I'm very impressed! grace
Thank you! He is remarkable, a true artist. The procedure is referred to as the "Refresher Lift" and it's fully described on their website. I found this doctor through friends that had the Refresher Lift done and I personally saw the same outstanding results for them so I had complete trust that it would be wonderful and it was.
I did go to Dr Drehsen's web site and it seems that you might have had a brow lift and/or upper eye lift and also fat transfer under the eyes and possibly a lower lid bleph. Were the only incisions you had in front of and behind the ear and under the chin? None in the scalp or near the eyes. His description says he places fat grafts under the eye area as part of his lift but that the brow lift is usually a part of his "refresher" lift? grace
Are you thinking about having a procedure done?
Zambrana54 Yes a facelift and lower eye for sure. But if your result can be achieved with only a facelift then I am interested in knowing more. I also think that a lateral brow lift may be needed but again your brows have been lifted considerably with only a facelift so, to repeat, I and probably everyone would be interested in a facelift only that could raise eyebrows, eye lids without the expense or recovery from multiple procedures.
hmm, my facelift includes the brow lift, the lower lift (jowls gone) under eye, etc. etc. It's a matter of which procedure(s) one wants to have. I had all mine done at one time because I needed them all by the time I did it so why not just go for it all in one recovery (3 weeks for me before I returned to work). Some people chose to do one or two. That would also reflect in the cost for the person. I don't know where you are located, but I do know that people come to him from all over the world he is that good. I'm a patient so I don't have any more details than my own experience.
You look great! Thanks for the review.
Gorgeous! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your story! Do you have any residual numbness or pain?
You look fantastic. I think I am coming up on week 8 --- but you are right this is not a walk in the park but the results are fantastic. You added years of youth to your face ---- such a dramatic result -
Wow wow wow!! Now that is big money..but big money very very spent!! You look awesome!! Now, that is what I call a full face lift!! You must be so please because you look awesome Lady!!! :)
Beautiful! What a nice facelift. Fantastic results and your skin looks lovely.
OMG you look amazing! What a difference!!!