Terrified - Saint Petersburg, FL

At 18 (doctor should have taken my hand and told...

At 18 (doctor should have taken my hand and told me to rethink this) I got 375cc from a small c to a large d. Now at 27 I regret it greatly. They feel heavy and bothersome, not to mention my left breast is becoming hard and painful along with becoming slightly different looking then my right.

I am in the process of looking into doctors to get them removed (1st consult on Friday March 16th), but I am terrified of them looking like empty tube socks hanging on my chest. I have looked at some many pictures on this website and pretty much all of them look better after the implants are removed...but it's always that one bad photo that sticks with you!

Well, I had my first consult on Friday, March 16th...

Well, I had my first consult on Friday, March 16th. It seems I have developed CC in my left breast which is causing the uncomfortable tightness and it appearing bigger then my right breast. The price I was quoted is $3,880.00 (yikes)!!!

Well, I have come to the decision of removing them...

Well, I have come to the decision of removing them. I feel a little better with that decision out of the way! Now I am torn between straight removal and a small lift or just straight removal. I wanted to combine them because its less expensive and I know if sometime down the road I needed a lift I wouldnt be able to afford it!!!! I am so sick of thinking about boobs, I cant wait for it all to be done with!

So, as it creeps closer to surgery time at the end...

So, as it creeps closer to surgery time at the end of October I am becoming more scared. My husband keeps making little comments here and there about it or just flat refuses to talk about it sometimes, which has me so nervous he won't love me anymore or want me if my breasts aren't these fake bags!! I love the days when I feel positive about my choice and then I have days where I start second guessing myself. It's all so confusing, I wish they were out already!

Still awaiting my funds to have these silly things...

Still awaiting my funds to have these silly things taken out. It is just annoying really, but I guess it will make me appreciate having them out even more when the time finally comes! I have good days and bad days, sometimes I think how great it will be to have smaller breasts, then there are days where I am terrified I will look deformed. But my guess is everyone is having those same thoughts.

Well I just happened to stumble upon my Mentor...

Well I just happened to stumble upon my Mentor implant card and looked up my implants online.....turns out there are siltex moderate profile 275 cc overfilled to 300cc. Which is funny cause I remember telling my doctor I wanted high profile overfilled to 375cc. But I guess the smaller implants work in my favor when I finally get them out!

P.Sanchez512, We all have the same regrets and fears!  When we got our implants we thought they were what we wanted...and they were at the time...but overtime we change, they change, then we decided to live!  You will be fine when you remove your implant because no matter what you will be YOU! Take your time and pick the right doctor and enjoy who you are!   GT
Yes, did you have the procedure yet?
Just came across your story. We are similar in stats and thinking of explanting too. Did you explant? How are you feeling? I hope all is well with you!!
Hi Bkstar4289, Yes I did explant almost a year ago and I feel amazing! My boobiedoos are much smaller of course but I lothat they are mine! One less thig in life to feel self conscious about...lol! I wish you the very best and welcome to the site...there are some pretty amazing people with jsut as amazing stories! Let me know if I can answer any other questions. Takw care GT
Hang in there Corki973! My surgery is scheduled for 2 May and I have an ugly scar on my left breast from an infection which is how I justified getting implants the second time. I will post some pictures later????? I am very nervous but every fiber of my being tells me this is the best decision!

Take care and just think about your end-state!
I am having my 400cc's removed on Thursday May 17. I am totally freqking out also. But everytime I start getting myself all worked up, wondering if I'm making the right choice, I read all of the positive comments on this site. Thanks everyone who post updates and photos. I'm scared as Hell but in a month I'll have no regrets!
That's great to hear! I have been doing the same thing lately!
Well I am for sure getting them taken out, it all comes down to finding the funds to have it done! I met with another doctor (Dr. Rehnke in St. Pete Florida)
this past Monday, and I really liked him!
Check to see if they are a CareCredit merchant. You can apply for CareCredit online. It is like a credit card for medical procedures. I got one but didn't use it. But it is good for dental work, vet visits, medical visits, etc. They sometimes offer no interest if paid off in 12 months.
It's the fear of the unknown. have you made a decision as to when you will remove. You are going to be fine and it will be the best decision you ever make. Health comes first. You are number 1. Thinking of you.
Well, if you were a c before and went up to a d, that doesn't sound like much stretching anyway. You will probably have more breast tissue left after than us little A cups out here. I felt the same way too, and the cost of mine ($5200, ouch) made me wonder if I should do it or not, but after reading so many positive stories on this website I have decided to do it! Less than a week to go. I'm sure your results will look fine. And the thing is, if you are feeling a little too saggy after a couple of months you can always look into a lift. Many women don't need one tho. And they make amazing push up bras these days!!!
Have you gotten your implans removed yet? How are you doing?
I did, on Monday. I go back for my post op and to get the drains out this morning. It will be my first look at my new body. With the drain bulbs sitting on my belly and the fact that I can't straighten up all the way, I look really funny. But I think it will be okay. Thanks!
So how did it go?
So, 1 week after explant, and doing great. I'm in a tight bra and compression band 23 hours a day, so unfortunately the girls are squished looking when I do get to look at them, but I think they are already starting to fill out and loose the little empty look they had. they are even and now my nipples point in the same direction, thank goodness. My discomfort is now pretty minimal and I don't need pain pills any more. I can't wait to go get a normal bra!
how did your consult go?
Hi. I will echo these ladies and say you will be so glad to be rid of them, you'll appreciate what's left behind so much more than you realise right now. ;0)
Thank you so much for the positive words! I have been trying to be positive and tell myself every morning that they are just boobs, and after the implants are removed they will be all mine again...but as you al know its the uncertainess of it all thats makes you panic!
Hi, pls don't be so worried, u will be surprised of the results. Everyone here who has explanted were in the same boat n now all are happier than ever. I agree to Suzie n gypsy, this is what natural means.

Once upon a time bcos I allowed my brain to think that only size matters I went for implants. With age I allowed my brain to think that is not size that matters but naturalness n health matters more.

I guess what I have loved about the outcome of the explant is the naturalness of my boobs!

Although smaller, I feel they look more sexier only bcos they fall natural on my chest.

So pls don't worry n go ahead, yul only smile more n won't regret.
Hi, You sound so worried ! We were all feeling like you as short time ago, and believe us all when we say, we are so much happier, after explant... you are still very young so your skin will still have its spring ! I carnt believe how mine look after 12 yrs of implants and before that breast feeding three kids. my pics dont do them justice really, will put more on soon. So your not on your own, any questions ??, any of the ladies on here will ansew, All I can say is the feeling of relief is great, no more worrying about having some think that might leak, or go wrong in some way inside you. Yes my boobs are smaller, But they now look like boobs, not like two balls stuck on my chest . keep looking on here it will help get you through it. And just remember when you go for your consultation, they are trying to sell a product ! your paying for what you want , my surgeon didnt try and push me once he new I wanted them out, but the co-ordinater did try it on a bit, saying some negative things. I made the right decision for me !! Good luck you will be fine, And its nothing like having them put in ! You will soon be on here raving about getting them out with a big happy grin on your face wondering why u had them in the first place !
Hiya, i was petrified, before i had mine i kept reading people talking about horror photos, to be honest all the pics i looked at looked ok. My ps also said i would regret it so on march 8th waiting to go to theatre i was petrified. Woke up, first thing i did was have a peek, big sigh of relief. My conclusion is i think somepeople forget how they looked prior to surgery, and have this belief they should still be very perky! But reality is thats not natural, also ps are so used to looking at false breasts they forget what natural should look like. My breasts are not perfect but whose are? They are 100 percent better than being false. You are doing the right thing and believe me because you are so frightened like i was you will be pleasantly suprised. Your going to be natural in a weeks time! How great is that!!! Take care and chin up. Let me know how you get on. Xx
It's been almost a month since your surgery, how are the "girls" doing?

You won't be that one bad photo. You're going to do great! Thanks for sharing with us here on RealSelf. I know this is an emotionally difficult process but, from what I've heard, the procedure is a piece of cake compared to the augmentation.

Keep on keeping us posted!