Trifecta- TT, MR, and Lipo. A Little Something for the Midsection my Mini Me's So Thoroughly Destroyed - Saint Louis, MO

Well, I have been lurking for the past week or so...

Well, I have been lurking for the past week or so and figured it was about time to start my journal of this whole deal. I know in reading a lot of your stories that I have been inspired, encouraged, informed and scared to death. But, I do love research and am kind of a nerd, so the more I can learn and prepare, the more successful I think this procedure will be. Women love to share, we can't help ourselves.

I am 40, a single mom to three delightful little people, who love me when I suck, tell me I am beautiful when I'm not, and terrorize me on a regular basis. Ages 11,10, and 5. Their dad has been gone since my baby was a baby and we have had a roller coaster of a ride over the past 5 years. God is good and has blessed me beyond anything I could deserve, with the exception of my torn up, wrinkly belly. I was never a skinny toothpick, but always athletic and curvy, with a great belly. Having babies, losing everything except the babies, caused me to neglect me for a really long time. In the past year, I have lost about 50 lbs and almost 20% of my body fat, but still have a the lap flap. Granted it is much smaller and not as flappy after losing weight, but it still looks like sh*# when I'm nekkid.

I am addicted to my trainers and workouts, but need to go to the next level. I need my body to match my work/effort. The money I spend on my fitness goals has been all I have done for myself in as long as I can remember. My kids will always get 110% of me, but I see this as the gift that will keep on giving. For me, to me, by me ;)) as I said earlier, I'm a researcher and went nuts researching the best PS in my area and finally set up a consultation a week ago. After 2 hours with the PS and her staff, i knew I had found the surgeon to trust and booked my date 24 hours later. Once I am in, I am in. Go big or go home. Bottom line , she is going to fix my split muscles, get rid of the wiggle and jiggle. So, I have a month from this morning and will past pictures when I get a few minutes. I have loved getting to read through your stories and I am so thankful to have found such a supportive network. I look forward to finding my flat side alongside y'all!!

Xoxo

I'm so happy for you. I look forward to your journey. Mine begins again next thursday and I will be thinking of everyone whose gone before and those coming after me. You are gonna be so happy with the new you.
Thank you!! So excited that you are already in process! Will be following and keeping you in my thoughts ;) grateful for your kind comments!!
Girl! I am so proud of you, being a single mommy is hard- was one for most of my kids growing up years- but we survive and thrive :). Congratulations on op your new upcoming TT!!! ((((Hugs))))

Before pictures

I hate this part, but I know I will be glad afterwards. I also appreciate everyone sharing their before pics, so I guess it's my turn. My work just scheduled an out of town meeting only surgery date and told me I needed to change my date, which totally chafed me. They have no idea how much planning has gone into getting 3 kids cared for and rides arranged.....blah,blah, blah. Fingers crossed I can come up with an alternate date close to the original. I am crunchy this morning.

That is crappy!!! I couldn't imagine having that happen to me. Keep ya chin up an I'll be sending prayers up your way so things smooth out so you can get a date that works :-)
That just sucks! I have my fingers crossed for you that you can get an alternative date near your first one that will work so you don't have to wait too long. This is a pretty big surgery and you should give yourself a good two weeks to rest and do very little. My girls were troopers, stopping me from doing something they didn't think I should be doing and helping me out all the time. I hope your three angels will do the same for you when the time comes. Good luck!
I will know tomorrow! Fingers crossed. I can't wait to say sionara to this belly,lol!

New date. Meh.

After some passive aggressive maneuvering with my boss, I decided to not go to blows over my original date (even though I really wanted to be a complete baby about the whole thing). I am not going to dwell on why this date is not as great, I am just going to be glad to be getting it done. Period.

I am completely psyched, but to be completely honest, I have panic attacks about dying from anesthesia. I am the only parent for my little people, so it isn't money or recovery that scares me, it's voluntary death. Can you imagine leaving kids without a parent because you don't like your belly? I am going to choose to channel my church when I was 8 that blamed everything on the devil. That is the only explanation for my ridiculous fear. Just so y'all can have a little context, I am wicked sarcastic. I can't help myself. So, if I ruffled your feathers, I truly am sorry.

But it totally is the devil. My belly is gonna rock and I am not gonna die. I will live to terrorize all 3 of those little stinkers and be awesome doing it.

26 days. That's all I have. Loving all your updated and thank you!!

U r going to look great! I had the same feelings about death but now I couldn't b any happier.:)
:( about the date. But you know sometimes things happen for reasons we don't know. Maybe your new date was exactly what you will need :) it's almost here !! ((((Hugs))))
It's all good. I completely agree with you. Not sure why, but I am just going to look forward to the new date.

Paid in full! Pre Op Visit done. Countdown is on!

So, it just got real. I had my pre op visit on Thursday and wrote the check. I still can't really believe it is going to happen. And soon. Thank God. I do not know how some of you can wait to a year or more (I know you have to wait for a million different reasons) but I just mean -how hard would that be to WAIT that long? I have been jumping out of my skin for the past month and just want the day to be here. NOW.

My kids know I am having surgery. I really can't pull something like this over on them and I really do tell them pretty much everything. I did smooth over the details, as I didn't want to get into a self esteem discussion today, but made it all about being healthy and strong. When they ask more questions, because they will, I will answer them honestly. I appreciate everyone sharing their pre op preparation lists. I will share more as I work through it all, but right now I am just handling each step as it comes. I am lining up help with the littles and picking up all my rx's that have been called in. How crazy. Like I said, it's getting real. 15 days. I have a workout to get to, but have been reading and not sharing. I really do appreciate all your candid sharing, from the bottom of my soon to be flat belly. xoxo

awesome!!! You're on your way, girl!
Yay! I am so excited.It's like waiting for Christmas when you're 5 :)
It is!! And after you get them it's like Christmas every morning! I told my PS when I went for PO appt it is was Like getting a new doll for Christmas. He looked puzzled and asked really? I replied, ya, you just want to dress them up and play with them. He had to turn away for that comment :) oops! Too much information? :O

One week, 6 more sleeps!

I haven't been posting the past couple weeks because I, honestly, cannot believe I am doing this so soon. I wanted it done yesterday, last year, after my last baby, but now I really can't believe it is here. I think I can handle this, but have no. damn. idea. what I am in for, other than reading all your stories. But reading and doing are two entirely different things. I know this will be one of the best things I have ever done, after giving birth to those little belly wreckers, but can I just get it over with so I don't have to think about all the things I do and don't have? I have my meds all lined up in my bathroom like little surgery soldiers just waiting to be deployed. Do I need ugly undies because I think I got rid of most of those last year. (I am completely obsessed with underwear and matching bras...before this pricey makeover, it was my indulgence. I always say I buy in faith. I digress, I just love lingerie.) So, do I go to Target and buy some functional pairs to get me through the first weeks? I have my arnica, the toilet riser and shower seat are coming. I am moving my trusty chaise lounge, aka the most comfortable piece of furniture ever made, into my living room with my tv. I will hit up the library for some books, Netflix is programmed, food is stocked like Armaggedon is upon us, and my kids have plenty of people to get them to and fro.

Practical questions -What am I wearing out of the surgery center? Yoga pants? Does it need to not touch my body? I get the drains, but already dread them. I stay overnight at the surgery center. What do I need there? I hate being a hot mess. Even when I gave birth, I showered same day and was accessorized. Sheesh, I am such a diva. I am going to have to own looking like sh*t for awhile and that is my cranky first world problem.

On the most positive note, I am less than a week away from my new body, my best me. I know it is all worth it. I am praying for peace as it inches near, because I have been in denial and now it is coming at me 187 miles an hour. I hope ignorance is bliss. The Cardinals are going to the World Series (she says confidently), my kids are healthy, and I have the best friends and family in the world. Thanks for reading my ramble. Thanks for your support, as always~

xoxo,
B

Im scheduled for the 21st.....oh my. im so excited and nervous. We are on the same path. I havent done any pics yet. I plan to do those the day before surgery and thats a hard thing to do on a web site especially. But hopefully my fantastic surgeon will make me look awesome and the after pics will cross out the before. Good luck to you and thanks for posting your story.
Awesome!! I really didn't want to do pictures, either, but for all I am paying and enduring, I know I would be sad if I didn't document the process. I have been working my backside off to lose weight and be the strongest, healthiest and best version of me, but no how much I lose or workout, the extra skin and stretch marks will never leave. I can't knit my muscles back together with a billion crunches. Life is too short. It's time, right?
I totally agree about the pics, although I really dont want to do them. If I hadnt seen all these amazing before and afters, Im not sure I would have taken this leap. I also think that the muscle repair is really a big deal and it itself would make a huge difference. Today I just a couple of days away and the panic is setting in. I work at the hospital where this is going to be done and of course I have a ton of people saying "Are you sure you want to have this done" or "its going to be awfully painful" or "i knew someone who had it done and they said it was the most horrible thing you can have done" Then I have my daughters worried that I may die. But there are a few that are supportive but few and far between. :-/ Im just praying for good results and fast healing with manageable pain. Life is much too short! I def agree with that!

It's go time!

Well, I am at the surgery center waiting to go in. Pretty calm, just cannot wait to be on the flat side. I will post when I can and appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers! ((hugs))

Looking forward to seeing your pics.  Take it easy and stay on top of those pain meds.  Don't get behind on them.  I'll be thinking of you.
Thanks! On the flat side. Chilling in the surgery suite. Just took a walk up and down the hallways. Everyone seems pleased. Will be talking with my PS in the morning before I leave. Thanks for the encouragement.
Yay! Im so proud for you. Happy Healing! Keep us updated! :-)

Day one. Can't wait to the unveiling!

Well, here I am 24 hours later, waiting for my PS to come check my progress. The pain is manageable. But we will see how I am feeling when I head back home. I am beyond excited that I am on your flat side. Really just feels kind of unreal. I was talking to the nurses in the OR and next thing I know, they are saying hello and I am done. I could have sworn it was 5 minutes. My PS just left and is pleased with the results. She did more lipo than I thought- OUCH, but I know I will be glad a few months from now. The removal of that darn belly was 5 lbs!! Incision look low and belly button should be cute.

Draining quite a bit. Washed my face, put on some makeup and got dressed. It just feels good to be a little normal.
My mom should be here soon to take me home, so we will see how I do once I get home and am left to fend for myself ;) the staff at my surgery center has been amazing. Let the healing games begin! Tons of bruising, btw. Any recommendations would be super appreciated!!

How are you feeling today?
I am feeling pretty good today. Took a shower when I woke up, which made me feel more normal. Been taking it easy, but walking around the house every hour or so. Hardest part is getting in and out of my comfy chair. I am bruised like I have been beaten with a bat, but praying that's temporary. Hate the drains, but what are you gonna do? Staying on top of my pain meds. Definently not trying to be a hero. I will try and take some pictures soon. I think the results are going to be great. Flat, but swollen. And black and blue :) how are things looking for you? New date yet?
Glad to hear you are doing so well. Seems like everybody thats had this has done or is doing really well. It sure is encouraging to me for sure! Yep, be sure to take some pictures cause we want to follow everyone throughout the whole process. My surgery is tomorrow (friday) so remember me tomorrow. My surgeons wife and office manager told me to expect to be black and blue like that and she said as she laughed,(shes the cutest and sweetest) your hoo ha is going to be swollen like you cannot even imagine and its gonna probably turn black but thats normal. Sounds like Im gonna be really attractive for a while. lol. Keep us posted on how you are feeling and what you are going through.....its our only way of helping out those to follow down this same path. Hang in there :-)

Post op - Day 2/3

So, today I am having a hard morning. I am trying to believe that this is going to look amazing one day, but right now it is swollen, bruised to hell and the scar is kind of raised. I like how low the scar is. I think my belly button will be great eventually, but I kind of can't shake my funk. I know I probably need my meds and sleep, but I am having a mini pity party. This sucks doing this alone. The photos aren't great, but will keep at it. I have faith. I have hope. I am not going to mope for another minute. Well, maybe one more.

I have moped an it's normal!!! I still may again tomorrow or the next. This is such an life/ body changing experience. We think we're super heroes that will heal fast an get results like ASAP ... Lol I wish it was that easy. To for warn you ... Swell hell stays around like your BFF.... So when it's time find a CG as your 2nd BFF an keep getting ones that fit you as u will need to drop sizes!!!! Check my review out u will see some Moping too..... Prayers for ya an rest chica!!!!
Thanks, girl! Having my period start the same day as surgery did not work out in my emotional favor. A full night of sleep worked wonders ;)
Only one more minute then let it go.

Follow up with PS yesterday!

Well, I know I don't take great pictures, but oddly everyone at the office and who sees in the changes in person has been really happy. I'm bruised, but flat. Low and perfect incision. Great belly button. Crazy bruising. Apparently, I'm an excessive bruiser. It is getting better every day, but I'll just wait to take pictures. The surgery center told me to keep those pads on under my CG, which caused some blistering and made my surgeon pretty chafed. It feels great not to have them in.

I have switched over to Motrin and am off the Percocet and Valium. Today, I drove to Starbucks and back, just because I needed to try and was craving a coffee. My kids are being really great. My mom has stopped over every day, thank goodness. I have been surprised with who has been helpful and who has dropped off the face of the earth. People who said they would pick my kids up from school didn't. Friends who were going to stay over with me, didn't. But people I didn't expect anything from, have popped in to make my day.
Today, I'm committed to reading magazines, taking a walk outside on this beautiful fall day and appreciating the journey we are all on- wherever we may be. Have a great weekend ????

You look great !
Thank you! Every day I am even happier, but it is sure sweet of you to say.
It is frustrating waiting for the final outcome but enjoy the little things and look forward to the future. I am still swelling like crazy at 4 weeks post op and I know it wont be ending anytime soon.you look great! Each day you will see changes, good luck love!

The good and the bad. Visit #2. One week PO.

Well, good news is I am off my meds, except to help me sleep. I drove my kids to school today and went to the PS for follow up, followed by an emergency stop into work for 2 hours. On the way home, stopped at the grocery store, came home and cleaned the kitchen, made a smoothie and am now finally sitting on my backside. Not super restful, but I am doing it. I am not going to die.
Back to the surgeon.... I think I mentioned and you can see that crazy ass swelling all over, but especially from my new bb to my super low scar line. (Still loving that A LOT). That bruising got lots of blistering from the pads under the binder and it looks like a lot of that skin is going to end up peeling off because of the excessive damage. Good news is that the healing is actually coming along pretty quickly. Bruising is lightening, skin will continue to regrow. It is just going to take me longer than most of you to have the ooooo ahhhhhhh factor. Because it's fugly.

Other good news is the scar and bb are perfect. The lipo she did is apparently going to carve me out really cute and with great definition.... If I can wait for the swelling to resolve. All in all, it's great news. Could be better, but I suppose it is just another lesson in delayed gratification or patience. I go back on Wednesday to hopefully release one of these damn drains into its rightful recycle bin.

Thanks again for all your words of encouragement. Totally appreciate it all! Xoxo

Could you tell me who your PS is?
Dr. Judith Gurley. She and her staff are amazing. Completely the best choice for me. Good luck!!
Hang on girl! You're doing great! That crazy swelling will get better :) looking great :)