Great Day - St. Louis, MO

I am 49 years old and just not willing to live...

I am 49 years old and just not willing to live with the volume loss in my face which makes me look tired and haggard. I've recently lost weight and am working out and feel great about how I look and feel except for my facial sagging.

I was very nervous after reading all the reviews on this site but I researched my doctor and she was very experienced and is conservative in terms of her treatment plan. She did one vial today which covered both sides of my face: temple down the side and some in chin area and some in nasal folds and cheeks. I am expecting to do three treatments six weeks apart. (I can tell I will have no bruising like I had with Juvederm. I am very fair and vascular I had some cheek bruising- she filled the tear troughs and made a HUGE difference- no bruising there) and she only injected Sculptra in the manufacturers approved areas. I like her approach. I look forward to the results. I am massaging 5/5/5 as recommended with cold compresses today and tomorrow.

Saint Louis Dermatologist

She is willing to discuss your concerns and taylor a plan so you both are comfortable that you will get the results you want going a little at a time so you don't overfill. This is even more important when you are talking about something that may last 2 years, not 4-6 months like botox or juvederm.

Well please continue to keep us updated on any changes you see. I'll be so curious to hear how things are looking! :)

Yes, one month ago I had Juvederm in my tear troughs and also some in my cheeks and a little at the corners of my mouth. Both my cheeks bruised, my right side didn't clear for 19 days and it was pretty sore. The left side was minor and cleared in a few days. I had no bruising at all around my eyes, but I did have some stubborn swelling under my right eye that just flattened out this last week. Overall, I can say that the tear troughs have made a big difference in my looking tired all the time. She never even suggested Scuptra around the eyes and from the other reviews here that seems prudent.

I am going back in six weeks, she told me not to expect too much change this time but by my next treatment I should see that lift I so want, along with the additional volume. Looking at myself now, 8 hours after treatment, I could go out and noone would ever know anything happened today at all. I am very happy.

I'm so glad to hear you have found a doctor you are comfortable with - that is so important!

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you had Juvederm previously in your tear troughs, but no Sculptra placed there. Is that right?

Looking forward to hearing how the results turn out for you!!