Mini-face Lift with Submentoplasty and Chin Implant - Saint Louis, MO

I am 43 years old. I have been going to Dr....

I am 43 years old. I have been going to Dr. Nayak’s for approximately 4 years for Botox injections. The one thing that I have always hated about my body is my double chin. Even when I was young and thin, I still carried fat in my neck/throat area. Instead of having a nice straight jaw line, I had a ski slope. In 1996 and 2004, I had liposuction to try to get rid of the double chin.

Although it improved for a while, I never achieved the result I truly wanted. Unfortunately, as I hit 40 and after having 4 kids, my neck started sagging even more and I was getting the "turkey neck!" In every picture, you could see the fat under my chin. Ugh!! I finally talked with Dr. Nayak about what kind of improvement he thought he could make. He initially recommended a mini-lift with submentoplasty (which is the tightening of the muscles in the neck). My first thought was why do I need a face lift.

Heck, I was only 42 and truthfully my facial skin is in good shape. He explained that to truly get the nice youthful jaw line and to get rid of what I called my “ski slope neck,” he would need to do a mini-lift in addition to tightening the neck muscles (submentioplasty). In addition, he recommended a small chin implant to lengthen my jaw line to help me get that straight jaw line. After much deliberation and talking with my hubby, I took the plunge and decided to go through with the surgery in Feb of 2012. WOW, it was the best decision I ever made and my only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner.

We live about 4 hours away from St. Louis. I went in the night before my surgery and showed up around 6:00 a.m. on a Thursday to be prepped for surgery. I think in total, the surgery lasted about 4 hours. Afterwards, my mom took care of me at a local hotel down the street since I needed to come in the next morning for a quick check. Although my face was swollen, I had NO BRUISING whatsoever!! That was apparently due to the use of a drain. I had incisions around both ears and under my chin. I have a pretty high threshold for pain and so I didn’t need any of the pain meds beyond the first two days. I just stuck with over the counter after day 2. The Monday after my surgery (4 days post-op), I went back to work in my office. I was still swollen but the people at my office knew I had undergone the surgery so it wasn’t a big deal. I would say it was about 9 days before the swelling was down enough that people wouldn’t notice. I am now almost a year out and I can’t tell you how thrilled I am with my neck. My incisions are completely invisible.

I feel tons younger and even my husband (who at first thought I was crazy for having the surgery) can tell a huge difference!

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unbelievable result and terrific care. The office staff is incredibile and helpful. The other thing I would mention that I love about Nayak Plastic Surgery is that they care about quality not quantity. When my mother-in-law saw Dr. Nayak for a face lift consultation, he was very candid and honest with her about why he didn’t really recommend she undergo the procedure. He explained that because of the condition of her skin and her age, she probably wouldn’t get the outcome she expected. It gave us confidence to know that Dr. Nayak wouldn’t perform a procedure where he wouldn’t be satisfied with the result.

Thank you for the nice review! I am glad you are happy with your results!