Liposuction - Thighs - Saint Louis, MO

Liposuction-Thighs

If I had to do over again or if I had been informed by the doctor at the time of what all the possible outcomes would be concerning the aesthetic results of my legs including very loose skin, I would not have had the surgery. I asked about the loose skin issue and was told that the ultra sonic liposuction which I paid more for would help prevent the skin from sagging. WRONG. First, I experienced serious post-surgery complications which are present to date and that was urine retention in which I had to be catheterized. After months of healing, wearing recommended compression garment my legs were not what I expected them to look like. I was not seriously overweight and in excellent health before the surgery, I just wanted more sculpted thighs and calves. What I got in return was a distorted smaller legs with excessive loose skin and serious folds around my knees totally worsening the look of my thighs. I wanted to be able to wear shorts and bikini without feeling self-conscious about my thighs, which in retrospect were not that big, however after months of healing the results of the surgery left wanting to cover-up even more and self-conscious of my thighs. I was 40 years old at the time not too old not too young but my thighs look like that of an 80 year old woman along with my knee folds. Six years later, I decided to get a thigh-lift after my consultation with the same surgeon to correct the excessive baggy thigh and knee look. I was not told that the thigh-lift would only lift the upper thighs and not the lower thigh and knees; hence I still was not satisfied with my legs yet. My advice to all you considering this procedure, choose a rigorous exercise program instead that targets these areas. I now have smaller thighs but my legs look much older and my knees are even worse (there is no knee lift procedure to correct the problem.) The amount of money, pain, time, emotional energy/disappointment has not been worth it. Remember, these cosmetic surgeons are in this for economic reasons and have no economic incentive to divulge everything that can and they know can go wrong with procedures like the ones I had done and the final results. Had I been told about the excessive skin sags and that the thigh lift would only improve my upper thigh, I would not have had the procedures done. I tried to get more info on these procedures but at the time the Internet and all its wealth of information was in its infancy with forums like this one. I am sorry I put myself through this mess and sorrier that the doctor was not forthcoming with me concerning everything that could go wrong, especially how it relates to saggy skin. I am still self-conscious about my thighs only for different reasons; though I will say my upper thighs look somewhat better but still have waves or unevenness associated with the liposuction done over 12 years ago.

Saggy knees 13 years after lipo

I am posting a picture of the serious folds in my knees to date after liposuction about 13 years ago. The folds are not any worse or better because I exfoliate and moisturize them frequently trying to smooth them out to no avail. The knees were in good condition without folds before the surgery. The thighs I will not show... you can guess by looking at the knees what the thighs looked like. The sagging looks especially acute in sunlight. Terrible and horrible outcome like that of a horror flick.

Shar-pei Knees

14 years post-lipo, 8 years post thigh-lift

No amount of exercise, lotions, exfoliates have shrank the skin all these years later. Video still shot was taken while walking to capture the crepe condition of the thigh skin. My skin was not like this before lipo but has remained in this condition since without worsening due skin regiment and exercise.

Additional Pix post lipo 14 years and medial thigh-lift 7 years

These pix were taken in sunlight - like the saying goes "shedding light on subject" or "Sunlight is the best disinfectant,” a well-known quote from U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis, refers to the benefits of openness and transparency to get a real perspective.
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon