40 Year Old Guy - Saint Louis, MO

I'm a 40 year-old man and a doctor (PhD) and have...

I'm a 40 year-old man and a doctor (PhD) and have had two surgeries covering three areas.

I had Dr. Hart do liposuction of my neck in Spring 2011 to correct some fullness there. I'm not overweight, but my neck has sloped from my chin to my adam's apple my entire life. I later had Dr. Hart do BodyTite liposuction of my abdomen and flanks in Spring 2012. As I've aged, I've found my weight remains the same, but seems to want to deposit itself in the least helpful places :-)

For both surgeries, the results far exceeded expectations. My torso is a perfect V-shape, and my chin meets my neck at a good angle.

I had previously gotten a quote from a different surgeon on the neck procedure, but then got a second opinion from Dr. Hart. Dr. Hart's recommended path of treatment was less aggressive, left only the tiniest little scar behind my chin and cost less than half the amount of the first surgeon. While he was in there, Dr. Hart removed a large pocket of dense, hard fat under the muscle and tightened up my platysma muscle as well.

The Bodytite of my abdomen and flanks removed 1400cc of fat and left me with the profile of a 20 year-old. Dr. Hart warned me that the abdomen "will never be smooth" after lipo -- which is more honest than most surgeons. Afterward, there was a small shallow area, but he fixed that with a minor corrective procedure.

I had both procedures fully awake. There was no pain with the neck, and only slight and momentary burning sensation with the abdomen/flanks. I've had a couple tattoos, and this was a walk in the park in comparison. There was some swelling after both surgeries, which was expected. It meant that no one noticed a sudden change in my profile. After three weeks, it didn't look so great, but after three months, the results were amazing.

After my first surgery, I was happy to go back to Dr. Hart. The neck was $3000 and the abdomen and flanks were around $6500.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I found him on the internet after having first consulted with another surgeon. The other surgeon proposed a fairly aggressive treatment and seemed expensive based on my own online research. Dr. Hart was a second opinion, and the one I went with. I am very glad I made that choice.

Hi there,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Reviews like this are very helpful to the community!

I'm glad everything went so smoothly for you and you got the results you were looking for. It would be great if we could see some before/after pics, if you had any you were comfortable sharing!