Botox for Palmar Hyperhidrosis - Saint Louis, MO

I have had Botox done for my palmar HH last year...

I have had Botox done for my palmar HH last year during one of the International Hyperhidrosis Society's CME events and it was a great experience. On top of that, the whole treatment was free and I only had to pay for transportation expenses.

A trained physician that attended the event who had experience with Botox treated one hand and also supervised the treatment of the other hand done by another physician who was learning the process. Ice and pressure were applied during the injections and I didn't feel much discomfort at all except when they were injecting the fingertips, which is perfectly normal and still completely bearable. The doctors who registered for the event were great and, since I use to volunteer at the IHHS, I can personally say that the people from this nonprofit organization are the nicest people you will meet on earth.

They will be holding another event next month (Sept. 8) in Hoboken, NJ. Patient registration should be available soon and, if you are interested, you can inquire more about it on their contact page for more info. Remember, even when done properly, the effectiveness of Botox will vary from person-to-person. I have heard cases where it lasted 8 or more months and I have heard cases where it only lasted a few weeks. For me, it lasted about a month. Despite that, it was a great experience and I recommend anyone with HH attend the event if you have the chance. There really is nothing else like it in the world.