Tear trough filler with Juvederm-- No More Dark Circles or Bags Under the Eye -- and WITHOUT Surgery!! - Saint Louis, MO

So, I'm 4 days post-procedure as I write this and...

So, I'm 4 days post-procedure as I write this and I'm still spending way too much time looking in the mirror at my fantastic results! :) I'm 44 (which is almost painful to put in writing) and I would say overall my skin is in good condition. Although I live in Southwest Missouri and about 5 hours from St. Louis, I have been coming to see Dr. Nayak for several years for Botox in my forehead and around my eyebrows (which gives me an "eyebrow lift" effect). However, over the last few years, I have noticed that the area under my eyes seemed almost hallowed out, which is ironic since I've always had a somewhat chubby face! In addition, it seemed like the area under my eye, especially near the corner of the eye was becoming darker. It was one of those things that as the day progressed and my makeup wore off, those areas became more pronounced. In addition, I'm sure having 4 kids, a full time job and a hubby may have also had something to do with it. :) In any event, one day I was on Facebook and I happened to see a video post that had been uploaded that showed a short non-surgical procedure to treat the very area under my eyes that were bothering me. I became intrigued b/c (1) it was non-surgical, (2) it only took about 10 to 15 minutes and (3) it wasn't that expensive. I then emailed Katie at Dr. Nayak's office to ask a few more questions and learned that it was also completely reversible. Therefore, I decided it was something I wanted to try. Not only did I decide to have the procedure but when I was sharing my intention with one of my girlfriends, she jumped on the bandwagon with me and we made a road trip to St. Louis this past Monday for the procedure. Once I was taken back, they gave me a quick and painless numbing injection (felt like a light pinch) in the area under the eye. I then had some numbing lotion put on my forehead where I was also getting my botox. Then, a short time later, Dr. Nayak came in and started the procedure. I did NOT feel a thing. Even when he warned me that I might feel some pressure towards the corner of my eye, I still didn't feel anything. It was completely painless. After he did one eye, he gave me a mirror so I could compare my eyes. UNBELIEVABLE what a difference it made. I think what I love most about this procedure is that it makes such a significant difference to your face but yet the overall result is still subtle enough that nobody will be able to pinpoint what is different about your face. It just made me feel like my face looked more youthful overall. My friend's results were even more substantial since the circles under her eyes were way more pronounced than mine. Immediately after the procedure, we drove directly home with no issues. Both Dr. Nayak and his nurse had warned about swelling the next day. However, my swelling was minimal and even my secretary commented that had she not known I was having the procedure done, she wouldn't have noticed the swelling. By yesterday (two days post-op), I would say 90% of the swelling was gone. I'm so pleased with my results!! Hope this review is helpful if you are considering the tear trough filler for under the eyes. Also, I forgot to add that my procedure was $1,200 since 2 vials of the filler were used.
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you so much for the kind review!
Thanks for posting your review. So glad that you are thrilled with the result! What kind of filler did you have injected? You might want to edit the title of your review to indicate what kind of procedure you had done. I had to read all the way to the bottom of your review to determine that it was filler you had injected to your tear troughs. Just a gentle suggestion to make it more helpful to other readers!
Well, I guess you could tell I was excited since I forgot to even mention the name of the actual procedure in my review. :) Thanks for the suggestion, I made sure to add that information. I'm now day 8 and still thrilled with my transformation! :)