Getting Use to It - Again! - Saint Louis, MO

Hello! I'm a 46 year old mother of three, 5'0 and...

Hello! I'm a 46 year old mother of three, 5'0 and 105lbs. I had a BA when I was 19 that took me from a B to a D (I was in pageants and hate that I got a BA so young, in retrospect). My implants were recalled but I never got the message because my doctor at the time never registered them. After complications, I had an explant and no reconstruction. Fast forward 13 years. I just got new Allergan silicone unders 325 on one side and 357 on the other. I'm thrilled to have a shape again that allows me to wear clothes and swimsuits that don't gape open. I AM one of those people who get the creepy crawled so from time to time, I get a little freaked out that I have some foreign prosthetic in my chest. Still, I hated my look after my explant - concave almost - that I considered a deformity. I really wanted to be no more than a C. Today, I was measured at 34D. I have girly hips so it's pretty proportionate. No big concerns or complaints. I've been fascinated reading everyone's stories that brought them to this decision.
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Brilliant, conservative, honest, kind. His entire staff is amazing and so incredibly caring. I despise surgeries and procedures but I had no reservations after meeting with Parkcrest Plastic Surgery.

Your results look great!

Congratulations! How long did you have your implants before they were removed? Just curious as to what type of complications you had? As a mother of 3 too, I'm glad to hear you were able to do something nice for yourself. Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

Hi, Beth! I had my implants for 13 years when they were removed. The polyurethane cover of the implants starts to break down and "float." So, it mimicked rippling and capsular contracture and was left alone for a while. After an incomplete biopsy, my new PS suggested I have them removed. He found out upon removal that the implants had been recalled years before. I had huge lumps that looks like golf balls were rolling around under my skin.

That's interesting about the implant cover breaking down. Sorry you didn't know about the implants being recalled. Hope the golf ball sized lumps weren't too uncomfortable!

looking good!
You look great :)
Thank you, JoJo!
Congrats! You look great!
Thanks!! It's nice to not have to constantly pull a bra down because it's ridden up above my nipples! That's my favorite thing about getting boobs!
Congratulations on your new ones! I can't imagine if I got them at 19, I'm not sure what I would have been like back then getting it done?! I'm glad you are feeling good in your body with the new ones in.
Stupid choice on my part. I was way too immature and competitive back then. I think the only think that would have stopped me, though, would have been if I'd have known that implants don't last forever. Yet another reason to find a doctor who believes in adequately informing a patient, right?!
Congrats on the new girls.
Thank you!!! I admit that it was massively exciting to buy a bra that passed the gap test!
I can imagine!