After a Few Months, Very Happy With My Decision - Saint Louis, MO

I don't have some deep and motivating reason for...

I don't have some deep and motivating reason for getting a breast aug: I did it because I wanted it and I think that's a good enough reason. I am thin and naturally had a small chest and I wanted it enhanced. It looks great and I love my new boobs - now. It hurt worse than I expected and initally went through several days of regret and mild depression. I was in pain and I felt vain and thought they were too big following surgery. I was an A/B cup at Victoria's Secret prior to surgery and a D after (I almost had a heart attack when I was measured, I did NOT want to go that large, but now I am okay with it as I am 5'11", 140 lbs). I got 339 cc's of mid-profile silicone in each breast After about two weeks I felt more confident in my decision and my depression and regret subsided. At the month mark I was extremely happy with my breasts and with the size (swelling went down - a lot). I've had my boobs for almost 8 months and I couldn't be more pleased. I will still have an occasional pain (well, pain is not the right word, more just annoying) due to nerve recovery but nothing hardly worth noting. I am very happy with the size and I think they are a lot smaller than what I started with (or maybe it's mental: thinking they were larger just because they hurt so bad at first). I would not recommend this surgery to anyone with breasts that fit their body, but if you want it - do it. Why not? But it hurts, bad!

Thanks for sharing your experience. 339ccs sounds like a nice size for you and not too large. I'm glad the swelling went down and you're happy now.

Christian Prada, MD, FACS

I was referred to Dr Prada by several friends, the office environment was clean and modern which meant a lot to me because if I was going to do an elective aesthetic procedure I also wanted my doctor to put emphasis on the aesthetics of his work environment - I think this shows attention to detail and good taste both in the OR and outside of it. He was thorough, direct, attentive, and overall cared about me and my health.