RNY Was my Lifesaver - Saginaw, MI

I am 39 years old and have been overweight most of...

I am 39 years old and have been overweight most of my life. I tried all the diets out there and nothing seemed to work for me. I had high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, and reflux. So, I decided that if I wanted to live a long healthy life, I needed to do something about my weight. My mom was a diabetic for years, and eventually it destroyed her kidneys and she had to be on dialysis. Needless to say, it took her life when she was 54.

I wanted to be around to see my children grow up. So, I did research on RNY and visited a nutritionist for 13 months to get ready for the surgery. I had my surgery on Aug. 24th of this year. Since my surgery I have lost 94 lbs so far, sleep apnea is gone, high blood pressure is gone and I am no longer a diabetic.

This was by far, the best thing I could have ever done for myself. i have no regrets, and I havent had any problems so far. I look forward to reaching my goal and living a long, healthy life.

Dr. Farhan

Hi Lynnette,

Thanks for your review. Sounds like you've done an excellent job at losing so much weight. YOu must feel better both physically and mentally. It's been a real plus for you to have lost all of your previous health problem also.

If you don't mind sharing, what is your goal weight?

Kirsty