CO2 Laser Surgery with U/L Bleph - Saginaw, MI

I had my upper & lower eyes done plus CO2...

I had my upper & lower eyes done plus CO2 laser surgery. I had sagging eyelids & small bags under eyes. My eyes are small to begin with so it took about 5 days to open my eyes somewhat normally. Rt. eye required exercising of the muscle to restore full usage. 5 wks. Post op & eyes are almost normal. Mornings always start out with swollen eyelids that gradually go down. Eye surgery for me DEFINATELY worth it! CO2 - most aggressive for resurfacing. ( Go big or go home!) I'm 5 wks post op & a few small freckles have reappeared. Deep smile lines have also reappeared. I am blonde & blue eyed so I'm still dealing with redness. Especially by the end of my work day or if I'm exploded to ANY heat! Skin IS BABY soft. CANNOT wear any makeup except a toned moisturizer & mineral powder. I had purchased several expensive liquid makeups but at this point they all sit on top of skin & look terrible! The healing process is quite intense. Due to the lower blepharoplasty and laser, I had 3 weeks of work off & needed it all. My sister & I both had all of this done together, same day, same dr. Only difference is that she is agreed eyed brunette with olive skin under tones. Because I am lighter skinned, I'm still dealing with a lot of redness ( especially under my eyes) She is NOT. We both feel that we can't give a definitive opinion on the laser surgery because the full results won't be apparent until approximately 6 months. You must avoid the sun at all cost. Sunblock will be your new best friend! And it will cause some "breakouts". Cetaphil cleanser & lots of moisturizer. If you are considering co2 layering, I'd recommend having it done closer to winter time when you may be less likely to be outside as much exposed to the sun. I am 48 yrs. old & my sister is 44 years old.

Dr. Beard

Excellent communication. Awesome staff. Waiting room time was too long & at times unacceptable. I believe he was over booked knowing how much time he spent with his patients.

Welcome to RealSelf!

Thank you for posting your experience with this procedure.  You have provided some great information and tips for others.   Please keep us up to date on your results as you heal each month.  Would love to hear about your final results.

In regards to the make up...have you ever tried the mineral powder make up?  I have had some great experience with that.  Just a thought if you are wanting to wear a light base.

Thanks so much for this post. I am two months into the same surgery. I am fair skinned and am still really red under my eyes.