Love Handles Still Shapely 2 Years After Procedure and 20 Lbs Weight Gain

It has been almost 2 years since I had my...

It has been almost 2 years since I had my tumescent liposuction on my love handles from Dr. Bonelli. I think i was about 115 lbs then and am 135 lbs now (i'm just a tad under 5' 2" short). I waited a while to write a review, but I was pleased with my results when I left his office. So now, 2 years later and 20 lbs heavier - the result is still excellent. I've been very pleased that my love handles did not come back despite excessive weight gain.
I recommended a friend to get his procedure done through Dr. Bonelli as well, and he is very happy with his lack of love handles as well.
I highly recommend making the trip to have tumescent liposuction procedures done through him and here's why:
One year before I had the tumescent lipo on my love handles, I had the the liposuction on my abdomen where they knock you out with IV sedation -- with a nurse and anesthesiologist and the whole surgical get up. When I woke up, I needed assistance from my brother to help me move and get in the car ...and then put me straight to bed. I had to wake to relieve myself and nearly passed out in the bathroom and was very nauseated. My stomach was black, blue, and purple and looked extremely traumatized. The next few days, I spent mostly in bed. After the healing period, I noticed how uneven and lumpy my stomach looked and was very unhappy. I complained about my results during my follow up appointment but was dismissed. The Dr. who preformed the surgery is a certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience. He was a very nice man - no complaints there - I'm just extremely dissatisfied with his work on me and the negative affect it left me mentally about my stomach. So that experience costed me 4300$, 2 weeks of missed work, lumpy stomach, and worst of all - terrible body image of myself (on my stomach).
My experience in Dr. Bonelli's office was pleasant, however. I was given a pill to relax prior to the procedure. I was awake the entire time and we talked/joked around. Even though I was awake, it did not hurt. Then I stood up and he checked to make sure it was even. And I walked myself out of the office. Later that day, I had to lay down and take it easy, but I was good after that. I'm still happy with the result and experience. I am planning to go back and hopefully, he will be able to fix my ugly stomach since a few years has passed (no Dr. wanted to fix it because it was too soon to do so).
From my experience, I recommend this type of procedure over the sedation one. Dr. Bonelli does a great job and is affordable (even with flying across the country).
Dr. Bonelli

I am pleased with my experience with Dr. Bonelli. I will go back to him to perform future work. He was very nice and pleasant and did a great job.

Thanks for the update Pancake! It is really helpful to is pre-op peeps :)
Thanks so much fo sharing on RealSelf.  Just out of curiosity, if you don't gain weight back in the love handle area, where did it go?  Your second lipo experience sounds so much better than the first time you tried it. Congrats on being happy with your results and welcome to the Community :)
the weight(fat) is distributed all over my body. I tend to gain it on my belly and inside of my legs the most. The love handles still have fat but it's a thinner layer.
Gotcha.  Thanks :)