Facelift and Necklift with Dr. Quiroz - 8/27/2013 - Tijuana, Mexico

My last few days at home before I leave for...

My last few days at home before I leave for Tijuana and surgery with Dr. Quiroz. I am having thus far: Facelift, Necklift, Browlift, Rhinoplasty, fat transfer to lips, possibly dermabrasion for upper and lower lip/chin area. Maybe a lower bleph for each eye. I will have a final consultation wth him the day before surgery and decide for sure what will be best for my face.

How are you doing? I know that your going to fly home tomm. Do you still have packing in your nose, or a cast on? Does he have you wearing the head/neck compression garment still? Wishing you well!
Yeahhhh! Great, excited for you. Glad your doing well, no pain, that's the best. Post some pictures when you can, I'm relieved to hear that your up and about, my mom had a facelift over 20 years ago and she keeps telling me that I shouldn't do it, how much pain she was in, and how terrible the scars are, that I shouldn't go to Mexico and all of it, It relieves me to hear that you are doing well!
Divva, Prayers for you for your surgery tomm. I am in the stages, planning on having about the same things with Dr.Q in about 2 weeks, I haven't put money down yet, please let us know how you are doing, I wish you the best for tomm.

Well.......I did it and it was FANTASTIC!!!!

I cant be happier at this point!

Ok, good.

More information:

I need to post my pics and I will do so very soon. Today is Saturday, August 31st and I am five days since my surgery and everything is going so well - I am overwhelmed how different I look. I think I had a face transplant!! He took decades off of my face and it shows. I had a brow lift, rhinoplasty, facelift, necklift, fat transfer to both lips and both naso folds and major dermabrasion around my ENTIRE mouth area. I had so many lines there and he said dermabrasion would be the best and he is so right. I showed him a profile picture of Sofia Vergara's nose and said, "I want a nose like that with a little upturn on the end and - voila!!!! He did it!!!! I have wanted my nose corrected for over thirty years when I had my deviated septum corrected and it flattened out the bridge of my nose. All these years I waited - what a fool was I!!!!
I was forturnate enough to meet Dr. de la Fuente, the dermatologist and he gave me such much advice and samples of advanced creme to clear up a pre-cancerous skin lesion on my nose. He was going to do Fraxel laser surgery on my face and back of my hands but I opted out because of the rhinoplasty and they would be putting my IV in the back of my hand but I am returning to Cosmed in a month to start Fraxel laser with Dr. de la Fuente on my enlarged pores on my nose area and brown spots on the backs of my hands. It is amazing how beautiful your hands can become again! I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Quiroz and his skill - I am in awe of what he has done for me looks. Do not fear dermabrasion - it is well worth the slight discomfort for the few days. Another thing - DO STAY AT THE RECOVERY BOUTIQUE! It will be your "safe spot" or your cocoon from which your new face will emerge. The nurses are nothing short of amazing - thank you Miriam, Marta, Perla and Leticia! 24 hour care with great cooked food and everything you need. Some nights I would wake at 3 am and I would go and watch tv and talk to the on-duty nurse and in English. You need their care after surgery - they make sure you get your prescription, help with showering your hair, even will cook oatmeal for you at 3 am (as I requested).
Tijuana is a wonderful city - before my surgery, I was out at night, walking down the street, shopping at the local stores and eating wonderful Tres Queso sandwiches and coffee at the Starbucks around the corner from the clinic, which is cool, modern, elegant and very chic. I've been to many PS offices in my city and NO ONE has an building like Dr. Quiroz and company.
Back to the shopping: Don't worry about money - there is a money exchange down the street (next to Starbucks) where you can change your dollars to Pesos in a split second and shop to your hearts content. Right there is a small shopping center called the "Hippodromo" with mid to upscale stores and even a Wal-Mart. Now Wal-Mart in TJ is wonderful selling delicious Mexican pastries, breads - all the things of a local Panaderia along with Tamarindo and Mango Tang! I did buy a few things to bring home and I am glad I did. I am already getting my shopping list ready for the next trip next month.
I arrived on Monday the 26th and was met by the extremely personable driver of Cosmed named "Eddie." Eddie is Cuban and speaks great English and knows everything about TJ and the places to go to shop and eat. He is a great resouce and will get you over the border without any problems. Eddie was my life saver because I brought an old, expired passport that I had reported lost years ago but somehow found it later amongst a pile of junk (how does that ever happen? ). Well, the American border agents put us threw the paces and Eddie was a great help. Finally, I told them my recent passport was at home and I guess he looked at my recently surgeried face and said, ok, go on your way and get rid of this when you get home! Duly noted, sir!!!!
I am scheduled to have Kaiser remove my stitches next Friday, the 6th, and I hope the nurse doesn't pass out because I have LOTS of black stitches that need removing!
So far, nothing irregular has happened to me during or after surgery. I never needed any pain meds after the surgery (I know, high threshold) and I would just sleep and eat and I got the new face began to take shape. Pics soon, promise.
Not to sound like a cheer leader or some paid advocate, but I was nervous about going to Mexico by myself and undergoing surgery and you know what? I was so amazed by the compassion, care, comfort and nurturing spirit I found in the people of Tijuana. Viva la Tijuana! I have a new found respect and envy of the people and their warm and loving spirit. Dr. Quiroz and staff are so wonderful - have faith in yourself and what you want to accomplish and convey that to the good doctor. He is more than capable of bring your dreams and desires to fruition. Have faith - not fear!!!

Hi Pattys No packing or cast - two-stitch knot at bottom of nose. Should be out soon. Very little swelling at all. I did not wear a compression garment - only had my head and neck wrapped for two days and then removed. So much easier then I ever imagined. I wish I did this years ago!

My pre-op peofile

Day One Post Surgery

Day Two

Day Four - Back Home

Day Five

Wow... I know this might sound too early to say this, but I can already see a more youthful you showing through. The lips look sooo pretty. I am curious about the increased volume we now see in your tear trough area. I wonder if it is just from the swelling or if you will keep that benefit in the next year or two. I am sooo happy for you that you did this for yourself. : )
Divva, I'm really excited to see some post nose pictures, I'm sure it's fabulous!
Well you have achieved your wish, by looking at your before and after I can see a huge difference already and your not even healed, that took years off your face, at least 10. I agree with you that we want to live out the rest of our years with some positive affirmation of our femininity, society puts alot on beauty, even if we look our age but look good for our age that is alright by me, science developed the technology and some of us choose to use it, my husband is not for me doing this he says but I love you the way you are, why don't you love yourself? My answer is I want to do it because I DO LOVE MYSELF!

Day Six Post Surgery

Just wanted to show the progress on day six. I put on a little lip gloss and a small amount of makeup on bruises below both eyes. Of course I am very pink around mouth but the healing is progressing nicely. I am very, very yellow in my entire neck area. Can't wait to get stitches out because with healing comes a "tightness"

Hey Mely!!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence - here is my pic at 23 days. I still have lots of swelling on my right side and still pink from the dermabrasion.
Hi Diva! I read ur experience with the facelift rhinoplasty fat transfer n saw ur picture before n after n so far u r looking great! I'm pretty sure by now u r looking better! Keep us posted of ur wonderful n new outcome! Thank u for sharing ur experience with us:-))
We talked a long time and thee dermatologist came in as well.

Day 23

Here's my latest pic. Still tons of swelling

wow. i just couldn't agree with more. where did you learn about Dr. Quiroz? I wish we had been in the medispa together.....would have loved to go shopping with you! where do you live? Great review. I
Don't be scared - embrace the moment for your lift will change in a positive way. If you are having Rhinoplasty, they can not peel your nose. You will have a great time at the Recovery Boutique
I'm so scared, I am making my airline trip now, and sending my money to them. I don't know if it's possible but I am going to see when I get there if they can chemical peel my face except for the dermabrasion areas, but I don't know because I am getting my nose done so?? Don't know, wish me luck, hope this will all turn out good.

Not day 23!!!!

The last pic is 16 days post op - can't wait for the 23rd day.......

In Sept you said " Here's my picture", but there are no pictures. Can you post something?
I have a lowerface / necklift and forehead, and arm lipo. Surgery with Dr. Q/Cosmed is schedule on April 3, i'm scared! were you?
Four Months Post Op - I lost all my pics from just post surgery when my Iphone got wet. But I can give you an update since it is four months out. The fat transfers to my lips and around my face has dissipated - my lips have shrunk back to what they were before surgery. My face is a little lax in the lower cheek area where the fat transfers were placed and my neck is a little droopy on my right side. My nose is still a little large and I hope the profile will eventually get thinner. I ended up with a line of scar tissue about an inch and a half above my upper lip from the dermabrasion I had done. I've tried Retin-A to reduce the scar but to no avail - it really takes away from the mouth area. Honestly my face seems to be falling faster than I imagined. Maybe I just don't have good skin or tissue - not sure. I will post a picture and hopefully Apple will be able to restore the pics I lost. That is my update for 120 days.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon