Facelift and Necklift with Dr. Quiroz - 8/27/2013 - Tijuana, Mexico

My last few days at home before I leave for...

My last few days at home before I leave for Tijuana and surgery with Dr. Quiroz. I am having thus far: Facelift, Necklift, Browlift, Rhinoplasty, fat transfer to lips, possibly dermabrasion for upper and lower lip/chin area. Maybe a lower bleph for each eye. I will have a final consultation wth him the day before surgery and decide for sure what will be best for my face.

Well.......I did it and it was FANTASTIC!!!!

I cant be happier at this point!

More information:

I need to post my pics and I will do so very soon. Today is Saturday, August 31st and I am five days since my surgery and everything is going so well - I am overwhelmed how different I look. I think I had a face transplant!! He took decades off of my face and it shows. I had a brow lift, rhinoplasty, facelift, necklift, fat transfer to both lips and both naso folds and major dermabrasion around my ENTIRE mouth area. I had so many lines there and he said dermabrasion would be the best and he is so right. I showed him a profile picture of Sofia Vergara's nose and said, "I want a nose like that with a little upturn on the end and - voila!!!! He did it!!!! I have wanted my nose corrected for over thirty years when I had my deviated septum corrected and it flattened out the bridge of my nose. All these years I waited - what a fool was I!!!!
I was forturnate enough to meet Dr. de la Fuente, the dermatologist and he gave me such much advice and samples of advanced creme to clear up a pre-cancerous skin lesion on my nose. He was going to do Fraxel laser surgery on my face and back of my hands but I opted out because of the rhinoplasty and they would be putting my IV in the back of my hand but I am returning to Cosmed in a month to start Fraxel laser with Dr. de la Fuente on my enlarged pores on my nose area and brown spots on the backs of my hands. It is amazing how beautiful your hands can become again! I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Quiroz and his skill - I am in awe of what he has done for me looks. Do not fear dermabrasion - it is well worth the slight discomfort for the few days. Another thing - DO STAY AT THE RECOVERY BOUTIQUE! It will be your "safe spot" or your cocoon from which your new face will emerge. The nurses are nothing short of amazing - thank you Miriam, Marta, Perla and Leticia! 24 hour care with great cooked food and everything you need. Some nights I would wake at 3 am and I would go and watch tv and talk to the on-duty nurse and in English. You need their care after surgery - they make sure you get your prescription, help with showering your hair, even will cook oatmeal for you at 3 am (as I requested).
Tijuana is a wonderful city - before my surgery, I was out at night, walking down the street, shopping at the local stores and eating wonderful Tres Queso sandwiches and coffee at the Starbucks around the corner from the clinic, which is cool, modern, elegant and very chic. I've been to many PS offices in my city and NO ONE has an building like Dr. Quiroz and company.
Back to the shopping: Don't worry about money - there is a money exchange down the street (next to Starbucks) where you can change your dollars to Pesos in a split second and shop to your hearts content. Right there is a small shopping center called the "Hippodromo" with mid to upscale stores and even a Wal-Mart. Now Wal-Mart in TJ is wonderful selling delicious Mexican pastries, breads - all the things of a local Panaderia along with Tamarindo and Mango Tang! I did buy a few things to bring home and I am glad I did. I am already getting my shopping list ready for the next trip next month.
I arrived on Monday the 26th and was met by the extremely personable driver of Cosmed named "Eddie." Eddie is Cuban and speaks great English and knows everything about TJ and the places to go to shop and eat. He is a great resouce and will get you over the border without any problems. Eddie was my life saver because I brought an old, expired passport that I had reported lost years ago but somehow found it later amongst a pile of junk (how does that ever happen? ). Well, the American border agents put us threw the paces and Eddie was a great help. Finally, I told them my recent passport was at home and I guess he looked at my recently surgeried face and said, ok, go on your way and get rid of this when you get home! Duly noted, sir!!!!
I am scheduled to have Kaiser remove my stitches next Friday, the 6th, and I hope the nurse doesn't pass out because I have LOTS of black stitches that need removing!
So far, nothing irregular has happened to me during or after surgery. I never needed any pain meds after the surgery (I know, high threshold) and I would just sleep and eat and I got the new face began to take shape. Pics soon, promise.
Not to sound like a cheer leader or some paid advocate, but I was nervous about going to Mexico by myself and undergoing surgery and you know what? I was so amazed by the compassion, care, comfort and nurturing spirit I found in the people of Tijuana. Viva la Tijuana! I have a new found respect and envy of the people and their warm and loving spirit. Dr. Quiroz and staff are so wonderful - have faith in yourself and what you want to accomplish and convey that to the good doctor. He is more than capable of bring your dreams and desires to fruition. Have faith - not fear!!!

My pre-op peofile

Day One Post Surgery

Day Two

Day Four - Back Home

Day Five

Day Six Post Surgery

Just wanted to show the progress on day six. I put on a little lip gloss and a small amount of makeup on bruises below both eyes. Of course I am very pink around mouth but the healing is progressing nicely. I am very, very yellow in my entire neck area. Can't wait to get stitches out because with healing comes a "tightness"

Day 23

Here's my latest pic. Still tons of swelling

Not day 23!!!!

The last pic is 16 days post op - can't wait for the 23rd day.......
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

In Sept you said " Here's my picture", but there are no pictures. Can you post something?
I have a lowerface / necklift and forehead, and arm lipo. Surgery with Dr. Q/Cosmed is schedule on April 3, i'm scared! were you?
Four Months Post Op - I lost all my pics from just post surgery when my Iphone got wet. But I can give you an update since it is four months out. The fat transfers to my lips and around my face has dissipated - my lips have shrunk back to what they were before surgery. My face is a little lax in the lower cheek area where the fat transfers were placed and my neck is a little droopy on my right side. My nose is still a little large and I hope the profile will eventually get thinner. I ended up with a line of scar tissue about an inch and a half above my upper lip from the dermabrasion I had done. I've tried Retin-A to reduce the scar but to no avail - it really takes away from the mouth area. Honestly my face seems to be falling faster than I imagined. Maybe I just don't have good skin or tissue - not sure. I will post a picture and hopefully Apple will be able to restore the pics I lost. That is my update for 120 days.
hmmm. would you still recommend dr. quiroz?
Divaa, you know I had the dermabrasion too and it seemed like the darker pink skin lasted forever and I used the silicone scar sheets for a couple of days and the pink resolved, maybe that might work for you? I liked my face better right after surgery when it was really tight, I didn't like my face better just the tightness of the tissue, after the swelling went down, there is more tissue to, the area below my eyes, to my cheek area, when I pull up on the side of my face to those areas it looks much better, what I would like my face to look like, I did let Dr.Q know of this and he told me to send pictures which I have not yet, I was just waiting to see if it was swelling but after this lenght of time I don't think so, so I am planning on sending those pictures, have you let Dr. Q know what your feeling yet?
Thanks for the update, I was concerned about fat transfers since I have heard they many times don't last...I too was planning on fraxel but since coming to this site and seeing the many issues with it, am not so sure I will have that done, as I have very fine skin and not sure if it will hold up to it...My face /neck lift seems to get better as time goes on. It took at least 6 months to get feeling back in my cheeks. I am sure in a couple months you will see more improvements. I just can't speak to fat transfers as I have never had that done. I would love to see pictures when you are able...
oh no -- it looks like your photos are no longer posted (or maybe something's wrong with my computer) but I'm glad you had wonderful results!
What a transformation!
Wow thanks for sharing you look so good now...Humm fat transfer to the lips...I could use that. Maybe when I go down for my CO2 treatment I may opt for that...yours looks great
You look great!! You don't seem to have the issues that several of us had at the time we were there,,,that all has to do with healing. Taylor looked too pulled,,there was one guy who thought he looked deformed (just emailed me that he is now happy with his results) my eyes have healed at different rates and I have swelling around my mouth nerve with left me with a crooked smile (getting better each week!!) It looks like yours went real smooth!! I also love my new nose!! What a difference changing a nose can make. I am 6 weeks out and still have swelling so have to wait for the final product. YOur nose and everything looks great. Arent you glad you did the dermabrasion???
Hi Diva! U r looking better everyday. Thank u for keeping us up to date!
wow. i just couldn't agree with more. where did you learn about Dr. Quiroz? I wish we had been in the medispa together.....would have loved to go shopping with you! where do you live? Great review. I
Don't be scared - embrace the moment for your lift will change in a positive way. If you are having Rhinoplasty, they can not peel your nose. You will have a great time at the Recovery Boutique
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's a done deal now, only thing left is to leave next Sunday and Monday get Er done :) I'm very grateful for this site, all us ladies supporting each other, the strength of others and the knowledge gained from others before us, gives us the courage to go after things that we may never had.
I'm so scared, I am making my airline trip now, and sending my money to them. I don't know if it's possible but I am going to see when I get there if they can chemical peel my face except for the dermabrasion areas, but I don't know because I am getting my nose done so?? Don't know, wish me luck, hope this will all turn out good.
PattyS. Thx much for your kind words. It is a slow healing process but well worth it. I still have so much swelling to get rid of and the right side of my face is now showing deep bruising. But I do look so much better than a few weeks ago - no more scrawny, shriveled face!!! It's funny because I have that "transgendered" look that will eventually go away! This had been an amazing learning experience . Vive La Mexico!!!
OMG! Divaa you look great! Look at your before to now photo's and wow, you look awesome! He did a fabulous job. No more wrinkles, you should be so pleased.
Hey Mely!!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence - here is my pic at 23 days. I still have lots of swelling on my right side and still pink from the dermabrasion.
Hi Diva! I read ur experience with the facelift rhinoplasty fat transfer n saw ur picture before n after n so far u r looking great! I'm pretty sure by now u r looking better! Keep us posted of ur wonderful n new outcome! Thank u for sharing ur experience with us:-))
We talked a long time and thee dermatologist came in as well.
Ok, I am going to go ahead and get that done then also after consulting and seeing what we all think. I'm kind of confused here, do we stay at the clinic for 2 days? That is what Paulina told me, so I am going to fly in on Sunday, early enough to do some shopping, thanks for the info, I've already trip advisored the Hippodromo :) then do my surgery on Monday, don't know the time, then I'm going to fly out the next Monday. So 1 week. Can you post for us a updated photo, I for one would love to see all the progression taking place, it really is amazing. I just want to thank you Divaa for all the knowledge that you have passed on, and I am grateful to be able to share a small piece of this with you, with your transformation.
PattyS. Congrats on your appt. and you should be proud of yourself How long are you staying ? I LOVE the dermabrasion - mine is all healed and beautiful! I wish my whole face had been done!!!
Divaa, I'm having it done on a Monday, I am wanting some time to go over all of it with him, presurgical, how much time did you have with him?
Divaa, How are you doing? Well I'm schedualed now for Sept 23rd, nervous of course. So my friend, should I get the dermabrasion or not? Upper and lower like you did. Let me know how your doing with it, coloring and all and what you think it will end up to be like. Patty