30 W/ 4 Kids...I Deserved This! - Sacramento, CA

Hello all... As you can imagine, I was so scared...

Hello all...

As you can imagine, I was so scared to hot under the knife! After four kids, inc one c-section, it was definitely needed.

My consultation was $60, that was later applied to my final payment. During the consultation, the doctor was willing and able to answer every question I had....believe me when I say, I has a list! Dr. Yamahata made me feel comfortable, office was extremely clean and his staff was very friendly. This great experience made me feel comfortable that I was making the right choice.

Two weeks prior to surgery, I had my final consultation. Once again, we spoke of my expectations, his plans and received my prescriptions to fill prior to surgery.

The day of surgery, I arrived one hour early as suggested. Again, his team was helpful, attentive and responsive. I was asked to dress in surgery gear and immediately placed a fluid line in my vein. I met with the anesthesiologist who walked me through the process and answered any questions I had.

Dr. Yamahata then drew lines throughout my body. This was very interesting and ticklish! I was so nervous simply because there was no turning back at this time.

Once the drawings were completed, I was asked to lay on the surgery bed and that's when I passed out! It was quick and easy!

I woke 7 hrs later in the recovery room. I did not feel any pain other then minor discomfort with my stomach muscles.

I was helped dressed and wheeled out to my best friend who drove me home.

The first three days are a blur. I was on so many meds, days felt like minutes. Again, pain was minimal.

My checkup was the following day and I was able to gain a sneak peak of my new stomach. Very swollen but OMG! I was beyond impressed.

Today marks the 15 day mark. I'm still not walking upright and pain is definitely felt. My doctor has kept me on several pain killers which have hindered my ability to have a bowel movement BUT I'm in minimum pain. My body is very swollen and seems to start small in the morning but by the evening, I'm larger and exhausted! Side note, despite the swelling I look great!

My next checkup is Tuesday. I should have a weekly appt until my dr feels I'm okay to prolong our visits.

Despite the minor discomfort, inability to walk upright, having to wait 6 days to shower and the painful drain removal, this surgery was WELL WORTH IT!

I hope my experience helps someone decide if this is an option for them.

Davina

Feeling Great

So I'm still not walking upright but getting close. My back is hurting more then anything. Still on meds that help a lot! I find myself exhausted quickly so tend to stay in my recliner most of the day. Side note, a recliner is a MUST!!!!

24 days PO

This has been a long recovery process. I'm still spending the majority of my day in a recliner and every night. I've tried sleeping in my bed several times but don't last longer then a few hours....my hubby isn't too happy.

During my checkup this week, I was told I'm healing well and advised to start using Mederma. Since my surgery, I've seen my dr weekly so it's been very helpful.

In summary, still not standing straight, recliner has become my best friend and pain killers are at a minimum.

Yes, I still think it's worth it! :)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Yahmata and staff were amazing!

Your are looking amazing ! Keep us posted !
You are looking great! Continue to get plenty of rest and happy healing.
Looks like you are healing so well!
Thank you. The recovery process is long and at times very painful. With that being said, I'm still happy I did it! Totally worth all the pain and walking like a granny for three weeks lol
happy healing:)
I chose not to take before pics because I was so disgusted by my body. But I'll post after pics....I'm making progress. :)
I'm glad your recovery hasn't been so hard ! Keep us posted !
Congratulations! So glad to hear you are enjoying your results despite the swelling! Happy healing and please post before/after pics if you are comfortable.
Please share before and after pictures. Congrats on a successful surgery!